07-31-2014, 03:10 AM   #1
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

some comparison and tips when ordering

Hi there,

Got an X5 loaner (non M sport) and with different extras I have and MAYBE some of you ordering a car find this useful.

SEATS - I felt cornered by BMW when I had to order nappa mocha to get the comfort seats. I wanted dakota mocha because of kids (found nappa too soft and prone to damage). I ended up with dakota mocha and sports seats and paid extra 200.- for the lumbar support (comfort seats that include lumbar and a lot more would be a 450 stand alone option). I do love the color and the interior of my car. My advice: if in doubt, do not do it. Comfort seats are way better than the sport even with lumbar support. I would have gotten another color of the leather as in the long run I prefer functionality over appearance. I did not think that the comfort seats are that much better when I tried them in the salon, but they are.

HK vs B&O - The test car I have has HK but it is as if the subwoofers below the seats are not connected, one cannot hear any bass coming from there. I checked the settings, all seems fine. If it is not a fault on the car, then B&O is a lot better (premium still may not be justified )

ARMREST NOISE- loaner car has only 2,000 km and I guess is newer production, leaning and meddling with the left (driver's) armrest and it is ultra silent. Mine is super noisy, addded that to my list with the service

NOISE FROM THE MIDDLE to RIGHT ON THE DASHBOARD - is on the loaner car that has nappa leather dash and wood (glossy one). Am glad mine is noise free there.

MSport with adaptive vs. non M sport with PROFESSIONAL SUSPENSION - I will focus only on the sport mode - the steering in sport mode has a heavier feel with the Msport package.

SUNROOF - for those in EUROland, I missed out on this option, it is expensive and pretty unuseful i very warm weather (IMO) but it is a must have option in other weather than super hot and at night, makes the car feel different.

I have the car in the service on driver chasis error (occassional), cruise control error (every time I turn on the car), noise from the trunk (probably glass hitting whatever) and the noise from the armrest. They'll love to go through the list as I am guessing most people do not care about most items on the list.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0