pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spdcoupe View Post
Hey. Different name on there but I'm still over there !

Unfortunately there really isn't a 'kit' per say outside of Eurostart. Still a decent bit of work and still requires a key though. We put together our own, per vehicle and the owners desires of functions when we're installing them.
When you say "requires a key," do you mean that you'll be placing a key inside the vehicle, permanently? So anyone who could get into the car, could start it and drive it off...correct?
      11-18-2020, 12:44 PM   #46
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
When you say "requires a key," do you mean that you'll be placing a key inside the vehicle, permanently? So anyone who could get into the car, could start it and drive it off...correct?
Yes and no. Yes, it stays in the vehicle 'permanently' or until you remove it. The battery is removed and it is Only powered up when remote start is initiated so no, someone could not open or start your vehicle with it in there.

This is really nothing new, been this way for decades just most cars have a bypass available to learn your key code now with most exceptions going to euro vehicles.

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2020, 11:22 PM   #47
hlrzr
Love the X5, but R1 is life!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i M-Sport

If you're looking for a remote start for the X5, I got myself a Eurostart and paired it with Drone mobile. Had to give up the second fob as others have mentioned and shelled out the 4 bills for the replacement fromt he dealer. Why? My in-laws came to visit and mother in law "lost" the only key. Yeah...

https://www.eurostart.com/products/bmw-remote-start
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 11:40 PM   #48
MK2018
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrzr View Post
If you're looking for a remote start for the X5, I got myself a Eurostart and paired it with Drone mobile. Had to give up the second fob as others have mentioned and shelled out the 4 bills for the replacement fromt he dealer. Why? My in-laws came to visit and mother in law "lost" the only key. Yeah...

Do you have this installed in your X5?
2017 GMC Sierra Denali
2017 GMC Yukon Denali
2016 GMC Yukon SLT
2015 GMC Sierra All Terrain
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 07:16 AM   #49
vastano
Captain
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrzr View Post

Just called a local shop for a quote for Eurostart and after the cost of the key, i'm looking at $2k for this convenience feature. This has me rethinking even keeping this car and just getting something newer with feature. $2k is a good chunk to put towards a new car with the X5 as trade-in.
Appreciate 0