BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

05-30-2019, 09:03 AM   #1
BimmerTy
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 X5 50i M Sport

Garage List
What data is stored on our Keys? Past Maintenance Report?

Wondering if anyone can confirm what data is stored on our keys? Each time I go into the dealership they read the key and it looks like (from learning over partially see my SA's screen) it populates with a lot of data. I've been searching around and seem to be getting different answers but it looks like the following data is stored on the key:

VIN number
factory name
model - model number
type
color code (exterior)
kms/miles
todays date & time!
key version - key number sub set
interior option color code - origin
last time key was used
in service date
production date
next service date
fuel tank level in liters
brake fluid change date
outside temp
coolant temp
average distance per week
engine codes/failures
factory coding
key number
frequency of service center visits
top speed achieved
snapshot of fault (speed, rpm, temp, etc. at time of fault)

Can they run additional diagnostics?

Piggy back question - Can my SA pull past maintenance IN DETAIL that was performed at any BMW dealership? I asked for these records and my SA provided me with a "Warranty Vehicle Inquiry" report. It has the vehicle service information and faults while the vehicle was in warranty, but not anything after (I'm over 60K now). It's not detailed though, it shows that it was in for maintenance and faults but not the work that was done in detail.

Examples:
44K miles - COIL FAILED
45K miles - INJECTOR, COMMON RAIL PERMANENT MALFUNCTION

How would I know if just one or all coils were replaced?

The report also has the previous owner's name and info, not mine, or any of the maintenance I've had performed since I've owned it. Any thoughts?
2015 F15 X5 xDrive50i - M Sport - Space Grey Metallic - 21" 612M - Accelera Iota ST68's - Black Dakota - Leather Dash - Poplar Wood - Ceramic - Shawdowline - Anthracite - Adaptive M - Full LED - Executive - DA+ - Surround - HUD - Enhanced BT - Soft Close - B&O - ACC Stop & Go - Multi Contour - 4 Zone Climate - Comfort Seats - Cold Weather - Muffler Delete - Akrapovic Tips - F85 Grille - 35% Tint - BMW All Weather Mats -- Missing DHP, NV, Active Steering, Rear Entertainment, & Cooled Seats
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 11:28 AM   #2
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
I think some of the info like owner name and info are populated from BMW servers oppose to being stored on the key. Most of the info are part of the VIN like production date, so does not need to be stored on the key.
BimmerTy192.50