BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
Aviator_JPN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 Acura MDX

Premium Package & Luxury Seating Package

Hi,

Quick question on the options offered on X5. I was configuring and selected the Luxury Seating Package, but the Premium Package ($2,700: Soft-close automatic doors/ Comfort Access keyless entry/ Satellite radio with 1 year subscription) was automatically added to the car. Is it possible to select only Luxury Seating Package? I don't want to have Premium package as it adds $2,700 and I think the price is too high for doors/keyless/1 yr Satellite radio. Keyless should be standard.

Thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #2
reach.ran@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d M Sport

No. There is no way to do that. During the first 2 months after the car was released, you can do that. BMW closed that loop after first 2 months. Now if you want luxury seating package, PP automatically gets added. But remember you also get dakota leather seats when you buy PP.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 01:11 AM   #3
tiburonh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV, 2015 x3 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by reach.ran@gmail.com View Post
No. There is no way to do that. During the first 2 months after the car was released, you can do that. BMW closed that loop after first 2 months. Now if you want luxury seating package, PP automatically gets added. But remember you also get dakota leather seats when you buy PP.
One slight caveat here - if you go with Luxury seating and opt for the dakota leather instead of one of the two napa packages, you only have two dakota colors to choose from: black and beige.

If great seats are all that matters to you, the luxury seating package may be overpriced. You can get multicontour seats for $1,300 and your choice of dakota leather colors for $1,450, so a total of $2,750

But if you like the other things in the premium package, doing the luxury seating package may be a good deal. You'll pay total of $4,400, or an extra $1,650 over the cost of doing multi contour seats and dakota leather separately. But for that $1,650, you will get a lot of stuff: ventilated seats, keyless access, satellite radio plus a year of sirius, and the soft close doors.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 06:41 AM   #4
dn325ci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW 325Ci

I think that's generally the right analysis, though the privilege of paying the extra 1650 still locks you to the two colors. Our first priority is that we wanted Terra and we were not convinced about the value of the other items anyway. That decision tree leads to multi-contour.
Appreciate 0