BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

06-14-2018, 09:51 PM   #1
Markgt
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 535 6spd

Wanting to take the plunge on used x5 50. Best places to look ?

Enjoying the forum and looking now to find a great condition, low miles used x5 50 circa 2015\2016. My problem is my search criteria is pretty specific:
Loaded, B & O, low miles, great condition, Gray or silver ext, beige or light interior.

Wondering what resources you guys have used for finding rarer or specific combos? I’m using the places I’ve used before (autotrader, cars.com, forums).

I’ve wondered if there is any wisdom to involving my local BMW sales guy (pretty good dude) to help me search/wondering if they have access to other cars that I don’t // cars coming off lease/auctions/etc.?

Appreciate any tips or other resources people can recommend for tracking “unicorns”
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 09:52 PM   #2
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markgt View Post
Enjoying the forum and looking now to find a great condition, low miles used x5 50 circa 2015\2016. My problem is my search criteria is pretty specific:
Loaded, B & O, low miles, great condition, Gray or silver ext, beige or light interior.

Wondering what resources you guys have used for finding rarer or specific combos? I’m using the places I’ve used before (autotrader, cars.com, forums).

I’ve wondered if there is any wisdom to involving my local BMW sales guy (pretty good dude) to help me search/wondering if they have access to other cars that I don’t // cars coming off lease/auctions/etc.?

Appreciate any tips or other resources people can recommend for tracking “unicorns”
Could try cargurus.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2018, 10:16 PM   #3
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Lot's of them coming off 3 year leases - mainly 2015 models (2016 still has some months before leases end). Involve the BMW sales guy - or you can check yourself BMW OEM used inventory sales online. Considering you have specific color combo and options in mind - I would expand search area - if you really want to find a good one.
As for the price - it's up to you, but I found out recently that same dealer who i bought my CPO 50i was selling it as non-CPO for less. I was confused, but someone explained to me that it's common practice and they do it because they can knock off several grands off the price and it will sell better. I never needed warranty myself - but you never know.
I wouldn't expect anything less than $50k+ for 15/16 with low miles and loaded.

Also, loaded for X5 is undefined: there's lots of options that are unique - like for example 3rd row seats or DHP (Dynamic Handling Package - rare to find in used X5). M Sport or non M Sport, and so on. Do a research better to not regret not having some needed option, package or exterior feature.
Appreciate 3
Russmov1328.00
Stev_chu108.00
      06-17-2018, 09:08 AM   #4
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

if you’re willing to settle for no B&O, buy this, has been on the market for a couple of months and price started at $51k. Ripe for picking.
https://www.stevenscreekbmw.com/cert...6a77d258eb.htm

Edit - just saw you wanted light/beige interior, this one is mocha.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 09:45 AM   #5
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018-X5M-BLK Sapphire Edition

What state are you located in? I would check the BMW website and expand my search a few hundred miles from your local to see if there is anything remotely close to what you want.

I bought mine in NJ at Tenafly BMW. It was an 2015 early lease return with a 2015 build. Loaded m-sport except for DHP / Air / rear Entertainment /lane change. Options I'd probably skip except for DHP if I were to order new myself. The car had 9,054 miles when I took delivery this February.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited by Slickrick2; 06-18-2018 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #6
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

Check out cargurus.com and bmwusa.com and expand your search nationwide. 50i spec'd to your liking are tough to find, but can be had. You may have to compromise though. Also sales guy can look, locally and nationwide to see what is coming off lease but won't necessarily be able to reveal any personal info about the car/owner. I had been looking for a 50i or X5M and found these as the best resources.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #7
bmwx1sq
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i

I used cargurus and autotempest. Sometimes there are cars listed on on but not the other. I got an off lease 2014 50i m sport with 50k, but took me 3 months to find one with all the options I wanted. It was in Boston so I flew up there, checked it out and drove it home. Other then needing a paint correction, due to swirl marks, and getting rid of the runflats. I have been more then happy with it. I got them down to 34k when I got up there. Be patient when looking and watch how long they have been on the lot. Price goes down every week the car sits. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #8
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

I found both my current BMWs on bmwusa.com/CPO page.

The combo you're looking for will be a really tough find IMO. Finding a 'loaded' up 50i in any color/year/miles is hard enough, but to find one with a unique color combo will make it harder. I just checked the CPO page and almost every Space Gray and Glacier Silver 50i has black, mocha, or terra interior. Then the one Space over Ivory I looked at barely had any options. I'd also search nationwide and be willing to ship to increase your odds.

But the hunt can be fun I think! Took me nearly a year to find my E70 back in the day.

I'd also get real familiar with a VIN decoder so you know what packages & options a given vehicle has. The BMW CPO page actually has all that info which is usually pretty accurate. The other sites I wouldn't trust at all when it comes to packaging and option descriptions.
Appreciate 0