BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-09-2020, 03:03 PM   #1
JB1979
Registered
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G37

Used X6 M...Worth it?

Hey all...I'm starting to look for my next car, and I've really come to like the X6 M. Love the styling, obviously the performance is hard to beat, and even in Southern California, you hardly ever see them. I'm specifically looking at 2015-2017 models, given how much I want to spend. Pretty sure this will be what I end up buying, but I wanted to get insight from some people who would know about maintenance and reliability. I'm not naive, and I know cars like this will cost more to maintain than say a Honda Accord. But I also don't want to be shocked by unexpected repairs and be spending thousands of unplanned dollars every year. I've heard everything from these hold up very well, to something random breaks and cost upwards of $10k, so I'd like to hear what people have actually experienced. I'd be looking for something under 50,000 miles with a clean history. I would imagine factory warranties would already be expired or at least close to it, so are extended warranties available and worth it? Wife has a company car that we put most of our miles on, so I don't drive a whole lot, under 10,000 miles a year. Would be looking to keep it for at least 5 years, probably longer. Any and all advice appreciated, thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB1979 View Post
Hey all...I'm starting to look for my next car, and I've really come to like the X6 M. Love the styling, obviously the performance is hard to beat, and even in Southern California, you hardly ever see them. I'm specifically looking at 2015-2017 models, given how much I want to spend. Pretty sure this will be what I end up buying, but I wanted to get insight from some people who would know about maintenance and reliability. I'm not naive, and I know cars like this will cost more to maintain than say a Honda Accord. But I also don't want to be shocked by unexpected repairs and be spending thousands of unplanned dollars every year. I've heard everything from these hold up very well, to something random breaks and cost upwards of $10k, so I'd like to hear what people have actually experienced. I'd be looking for something under 50,000 miles with a clean history. I would imagine factory warranties would already be expired or at least close to it, so are extended warranties available and worth it? Wife has a company car that we put most of our miles on, so I don't drive a whole lot, under 10,000 miles a year. Would be looking to keep it for at least 5 years, probably longer. Any and all advice appreciated, thanks!!
Overall these vehicles have proven to be very reliable overall, way more so than the previous generation.

With that said, try posting your question in the specific X5M/X6M forum, you'll likely get more responses there (this is the non-M forum, not sure how many X5M/X6M guys wander over here).

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=509
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 04:01 PM   #3
JB1979
Registered
Rep
Drives: Infiniti G37

appreciate that!
Appreciate 0