BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-05-2020, 01:39 PM   #1
lipcikm
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 M50D

Unhappy Music/AC face panel not working

Gents! I've removed the face panel controlling the AC/Heating and radio buttons due to MMI installation. The MMI is working great but I have a problem. My AC/Music control panel is no longer working. I'm pretty sure cables are and well connected both 18 pin connectors (blue one into the blue and black to black port). Any suggestions? Perhaps, I've blown the fuse, but not sure which number it is. I'm open to any suggestion, getting desperate here. Please help!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 05:01 AM   #2
Mo_far
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 50i, E93 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcikm View Post
Gents! I've removed the face panel controlling the AC/Heating and radio buttons due to MMI installation. The MMI is working great but I have a problem. My AC/Music control panel is no longer working. I'm pretty sure cables are and well connected both 18 pin connectors (blue one into the blue and black to black port). Any suggestions? Perhaps, I've blown the fuse, but not sure which number it is. I'm open to any suggestion, getting desperate here. Please help!
Had the exact same issue when I installed my MMI, was sure the cables were properly plugged in.

Unplug and then plug both of them in. Check for any bent pins in them and make sure you fully lock them.

Test before putting the dash trims back together
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 02:35 PM   #3
lipcikm
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_far View Post
Had the exact same issue when I installed my MMI, was sure the cables were properly plugged in.

Unplug and then plug both of them in. Check for any bent pins in them and make sure you fully lock them.

Test before putting the dash trims back together
Thank you! You were right. The connector has actually two positions and it is possible to lock it in the second one without beginning in the first one. The trick ist to put the small lever 90° down, plug it in as far as it goes and then work your way up all the way.
Appreciate 0