BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-11-2020, 06:37 PM   #1
fnunez164
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Hey everyone. Happy Veterans Day!

Was wondering if anyone on here had fitment issues installing a Evolution Racewerks Chargepipe.

As you can see in the photo my Chargepipe didn't align perfectly. Clamped it down and its sealed but was wondering if this was common with these chargepipes.

The OCD is real!! Appreciate everyone's help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 09:50 PM   #2
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

Same thing happened to me during my install. The rubber hose ER provided is a lil short and I had to pull the plastic pipe closer so I could secure the clamps. What I didn’t realize was that I actually pulled the plastic pipe from its mount. The realization came into play via Murphy’s law, 300 miles away in the middle of nowhere with the plastic pipe slipping (due to vibration and running a higher boost pressure) from the rubber hose causing the dreaded “drivetrain malfunction, reduce speed” fault codes.

Just double check and make sure this did not happen to you during install. If it did, just head over to your local auto store and buy a longer rubber hose and call it day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-12-2020, 07:46 PM   #3
fnunez164
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
Same thing happened to me during my install. The rubber hose ER provided is a lil short and I had to pull the plastic pipe closer so I could secure the clamps. What I didn't realize was that I actually pulled the plastic pipe from its mount. The realization came into play via Murphy's law, 300 miles away in the middle of nowhere with the plastic pipe slipping (due to vibration and running a higher boost pressure) from the rubber hose causing the dreaded "drivetrain malfunction, reduce speed" fault codes.

Just double check and make sure this did not happen to you during install. If it did, just head over to your local auto store and buy a longer rubber hose and call it day.
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2020, 12:14 AM   #4
Hashtag
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

This is what mine looks like. It wasn't completely flush either, but it hasn't moved since I installed it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2020, 05:20 AM   #5
fnunez164
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashtag View Post
This is what mine looks like. It wasn't completely flush either, but it hasn't moved since I installed it.
Got it. Thank you!
Appreciate 0