BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

12-04-2016, 09:24 AM   #1
MochiEater
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Easy Way to Restore Coding Changes After a Firmware Update?

Is there any good way to easily restore all my coding modifications after a factory firmware update? With GFHB and all the other function modifications that's around 150 coding changes. Is there a good way to avoid having to manually recode all those modifications after a BMW factory firmware update?

I am thinking that restoring old saved CAFs from the old firmware version onto the new firmware could lead to bad consequences.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2016, 09:28 AM   #2
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
I considered the restore myself but between the fact that an update may have changed things and recoding doesn't come that often, I consider it an opportunity to brush up on my coding. And yes I spent two hours redoing every single option when my car came back from the dealer.
      12-04-2016, 02:42 PM   #3
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MochiEater View Post
Is there any good way to easily restore all my coding modifications after a factory firmware update? With GFHB and all the other function modifications that's around 150 coding changes. Is there a good way to avoid having to manually recode all those modifications after a BMW factory firmware update?

I am thinking that restoring old saved CAFs from the old firmware version onto the new firmware could lead to bad consequences.
You definitely do not want to load CAFD from earlier firmware. Best way to re-code is to use Cheat Codes; just check options you want, "review" to verify (in case functions moved around/ selected correct & desired coding), and "Apply."
Appreciate 0