BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

08-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #23
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTSG View Post
Ordered mine last night...should be here next week.
Nice. Let me know if you need any help installing. It should be pretty straightforward.
      08-23-2014, 09:17 PM   #24
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

For some reason it didn't post my reply earlier and now it shows up after I repost, lol. I hate forum glitches!!
      08-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #25
kanate
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xDrive35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Here you go: https://www.bimmian.com/WeissLicht-L...r-BMW-F15-X5#5. In pricing, select the first one on the list.

For BMW F15 X5 Without LED Headlamps

Front Turn Signal Bulbs
Amber Illumination
SKU: WTS154FAY $99

No coding needed at all. Just twist them out of the housing from inside your engine bay area. Just remove the old ones (twist and pop em off). Put the new ones on (twist and pop em in). Make sure you push them all the way in back in the housing before you twist the knob so it closes correctly.
Are these come in pair? Or I need to order 2?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #26
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanate View Post
Are these come in pair? Or I need to order 2?
They come in a pair . My apologies for not taking pictures of them when I got them. I should have done that before the install so you guys could have seen what they look like, but it completely slipped my mind. I hope one of you takes pictures of them and posts it here for others to see. I'd appreciate it!
      08-24-2014, 04:49 PM   #27
kanate
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xDrive35d

Quote:
They come in a pair . My apologies for not taking pictures of them when I got them. I should have done that before the install so you guys could have seen what they look like, but it completely slipped my mind. I hope one of you takes pictures of them and posts it here for others to see. I'd appreciate it!
No.no. No need for the apology. Thank you for trying this bulbs out for us. I just placed the order. I'll post the pics when I get them.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #28
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanate View Post
No.no. No need for the apology. Thank you for trying this bulbs out for us. I just placed the order. I'll post the pics when I get them.
Fantastic, thank you . Always happy to help!
      08-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #29
nycebo
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne Turbo

opasha, thanks a ton. This further minimizes my need to get the LED package. Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #30
CaliX5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Opasha,

I placed my order using your link is PY24W Part # WTSAAAPA2 correct?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #31
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycebo View Post
opasha, thanks a ton. This further minimizes my need to get the LED package. Much appreciated.
You're very welcome .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliX5 View Post
Opasha,

I placed my order using your link is PY24W Part # WTSAAAPA2 correct?

Thank you!
Yes, that is the correct order information you will receive once you order . Here's how my order looked for your piece of mind:

WTSAAAPA2
WeissLicht LED Turn Signal Bulbs
For Any Vehicle
Error Free
Refer to Description Tab for Proper Vehicle Fitment
Pair of PY24W Style Spektrum Bulbs
Amber Illumination

I was confused about this because I thought it was pretty specific for our F15. It seems like the turn signal light they use is the same one for the Gran Coupe 6-Series: http://www.bimmian.com/WTS/06/?cur=USD#tab-order. After you click the yellow PRICING button, scroll down to the second to last one under the section labeled "For Any Vehicle - Error Free - Refer to Description Tab for Proper Vehicle Fitment." You'll see the WTSAAAPA2 there. Strange, but hey it works . I have no complaints. Maybe one of you can call customer service and just ask to have some sort of piece of mind from their explanation as to why it's labeled like this and why it's differently labeled on the website for the F15. The price is cheaper for us F15 users at $99 instead of the full $109 for the 6 coupe, so I guess in a way we get lucky for this marketing gimmick?

Last edited by opasha; 08-25-2014 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #32
xdriverx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 35i Xdrive

I have the Lighting Package but this is a very nice alternative to the turn signal if you didn't get the LED Lighting package.

Nice find.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2014, 09:42 PM   #33
CaliX5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Well I got mine, installed them and they flicker... will sell mine if you want to try them on yours.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 09:46 PM   #34
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Well I got mine, installed them and they flicker... will sell mine if you want to try them on yours.
They flicker? That's weird, mine don't. However, people did talk about this possibility in other bmw forums, and there is a solution through coding. Have you coded your car for anything yet? If so, you can get rid of the flicker with this coding that I posted on the first page:

They cause flickering when first started up but this can be coded off in BDC_Body by coding these 6 values (3 for each light):

FRA_V_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG: aktiv to nicht_aktiv
FRA_V_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG: aktiv to nicht_aktiv
FRA_V_L_IS_LED: nicht_aktiv to aktiv

FRA_V_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG: aktiv to nicht_aktiv
FRA_V_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG: aktiv to nicht_aktiv
FRA_V_R_IS_LED: nicht_aktiv to aktiv

Sorry you got the flickering . I would call bimmian for help/refund. Maybe you got a bad set?

Did you get an error message in your cluster?
      08-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #35
CaliX5
Enlisted Member
Rep

You are amazing you respond so fast with a solution. Very rare in time when so many people just complain.

Anyway they flicker on start up and where do I check to see if they show an error?

I haven't coded anything I think that would be beyond my pay grade

Thank you for your time.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2014, 10:35 PM   #36
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You are amazing you respond so fast with a solution. Very rare in time when so many people just complain.

Anyway they flicker on start up and where do I check to see if they show an error?

I haven't coded anything I think that would be beyond my pay grade

Thank you for your time.
Oh, anytime, my friend . Helping each other out is the purpose of these forums in my humble opinion (there are many helpful members here). Always happy to assist.

Forgot this, but for the flickering error, from all the cars that I have tested including our 2014 ML350, whenever the turn signals, fog lights, or headlights flicker from any aftermarket part, this is usually due to a computer error where the car is sensing a temperature malfunction because the new lights (LED or HID) are drawing less power and that makes the computer think that there is a malfunction in terms of factory settings (sorry for the very long runon sentence, lol). The error should pop up in the CENTER area of your instrument cluster with some light - then if there's no detailed message there, go into your vehicle info in the iDrive menu and see if there are any errors there.

Also, they talk in detail about why the flickering occurs and how to solve it with the solution I mentioned; that's why I posted those settings in the first place just in case it happened for us - I always research before I buy : http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=928778

In all honesty coding doesn't cost much at all. Total cost truly is just from the ENET cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-ENET-Et...3D201056990534. That's the one I bought. And many members have asked about the whole learning of coding and I've assisted them on where to start. If you want to learn, let me know. I'll PM you the information. I learned recently myself after getting help from fellow coders. If you at least download the software that comes with the ENET cable (the seller emails a download link), I can help you remotely via Team Viewer. Coding the lights I wouldn't even charge anything.

However, if you really don't have the time/means for this process, just call up bimmian. They were pretty courteous to me when I had questions about my tracking and when I first ordered. I'm almost positive there's a refund policy within the first 2-4 weeks depending. I know for a fact that there's no way you could have damaged the lights, so you should be able to send them back. Let me know what you decide to do, and I'll try to assist you further.

Last edited by opasha; 08-27-2014 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2014, 11:43 PM   #37
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:
Oh, anytime, my friend . Helping each other out is the purpose of these forums in my humble opinion (there are many helpful members here). Always happy to assist.

Forgot this, but for the flickering error, from all the cars that I have tested including our 2014 ML350, whenever the turn signals, fog lights, or headlights flicker from any aftermarket part, this is usually due to a computer error where the car is sensing a temperature malfunction because the new lights (LED or HID) are drawing less power and that makes the computer think that there is a malfunction in terms of factory settings (sorry for the very long runon sentence, lol). The error should pop up in the CENTER area of your instrument cluster with some light - then if there's no detailed message there, go into your vehicle info in the iDrive menu and see if there are any errors there.

Also, they talk in detail about why the flickering occurs and how to solve it with the solution I mentioned; that's why I posted those settings in the first place just in case it happened for us - I always research before I buy : http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=928778

In all honesty coding doesn't cost much at all. Total cost truly is just from the ENET cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD2-ENET-Et...3D201056990534. That's the one I bought. And many members have asked about the whole learning of coding and I've assisted them on where to start. If you want to learn, let me know. I'll PM you the information. I learned recently myself after getting help from fellow coders. If you at least download the software that comes with the ENET cable (the seller emails a download link), I can help you remotely via Team Viewer. Coding the lights I wouldn't even charge anything.

However, if you really don't have the time/means for this process, just call up bimmian. They were pretty courteous to me when I had questions about my tracking and when I first ordered. I'm almost positive there's a refund policy within the first 2-4 weeks depending. I know for a fact that there's no way you could have damaged the lights, so you should be able to send them back. Let me know what you decide to do, and I'll try to assist you further.
Hey Opasha I might pull the trigger on this coding cable, might need your help for some basic coding and auto high beam assistant!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 12:10 AM   #38
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy07 View Post
Hey Opasha I might pull the trigger on this coding cable, might need your help for some basic coding and auto high beam assistant!
Sure thing. I'll guide you, no problem. The only thing right now for remote coding help is that I don't have too much time these days, so we'll have to figure out a good time time for the simple stuff. I'll PM you all the coding information from the main coding thread, coders by location, and step-by-step guide to getting everything setup, and also my little summary of what you need to do within E-SYS if you decide to get the cable and are ready for all that information.
      08-28-2014, 07:15 AM   #39
DavidTSG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Sure thing. I'll guide you, no problem. The only thing right now for remote coding help is that I don't have too much time these days, so we'll have to figure out a good time time for the simple stuff. I'll PM you all the coding information from the main coding thread, coders by location, and step-by-step guide to getting everything setup, and also my little summary of what you need to do within E-SYS if you decide to get the cable and are ready for all that information.
Hey, Opasha, if you're putting the info together, would you mind sending it to me, also?
      08-28-2014, 08:46 AM   #40
radrads203
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 X5 30d

oops.. so they will cause flickering? mines just arrived today.... i thought there are suppose to be error free without coding... anyone else installed it without flickering?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 09:03 AM   #41
CaliX5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Can you add me to your PM list? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2014, 12:30 PM   #42
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Hey, Opasha, if you're putting the info together, would you mind sending it to me, also?
Quote:
Originally Posted by radrads203 View Post
oops.. so they will cause flickering? mines just arrived today.... i thought there are suppose to be error free without coding... anyone else installed it without flickering?
Quote:
Can you add me to your PM list? Thank you!
I'll PM you guys in an hour or so. I'm away from my computer at the moment .

@radrads203, you should not get flickering because I did not. However, if by some unfortunate result you do get flickering, the coding is there to solve it or get a refund from Bimmian.

Everyone, try taking the bulb out and readjusting and twisting it back onto the socket. I know for the parking bulbs on certain cars if you don't have it sitting in the socket correctly, it won't turn on. Then press your emergency parking lights button and see how the lights work. This is how I tested my lights first. I noticed zero flickering and I have monitored the lights from behind vehicles in day time and night time driving. Zero flickering for me. Also just for the heck of it, try switching the bulbs with each other and see what happens. I ordered 5 kinds of parking lights for our ML350 before getting the perfect no error. Always exhaust all testing before giving up .
      08-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #43
DavidTSG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by radrads203 View Post
The "error free" refers to causing errors within the computer such as check control messages. The flicker isn't an error to which the mfgr is referring. The flicker is due to the computer system running a periodic test. In normal bulbs, this test won't cause them to light, but in these, the test might. Seems to be hit or miss based on the feedback from the folks on the thread. You can choose to code out the test, but that's assuming you even see the flicker. Probably need to just try them and see if you have a problem.

Mine should arrive in the next few days. I'll report back once installed.
      08-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #44
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The "error free" refers to causing errors within the computer such as check control messages. The flicker isn't an error to which the mfgr is referring. The flicker is due to the computer system running a periodic test. In normal bulbs, this test won't cause them to light, but in these, the test might. Seems to be hit or miss based on the feedback from the folks on the thread. You can choose to code out the test, but that's assuming you even see the flicker. Probably need to just try them and see if you have a problem.

Mine should arrive in the next few days. I'll report back once installed.
This is exactly correct. The system upon start up checks for "burnt bulbs" supposedly and this test is what causes the flickering like you said. The coding turns this test off, so no flickering occurs at all. There is no real error as David said. I"ll double check again at some point today to make sure mine aren't flickering upon start up.