BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

09-19-2014, 06:32 AM   #1
Snow-Kidney
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15

Do Multi-Contour/Comfort Seats push head too far forward?

The MC seats look great but I'm concerned about the airline style head cradle pushing my head forward. In some cars I find it uncomfortable when the headrest doesn't allow my head to go far enough back. I'm curious if anyone knows if the MC seats are more/less/equal compared to standard seats in terms of rearward-head-mobility. I'm having trouble finding an F15 with MC to test it out.

I attached a photo of each, MC and Standard seats for reference:

Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 06:56 AM   #2
HansRobert
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive 40e

Since the MC seats have an adjustment for the height of the head rest and the upper part of the back of the seat can tilt fore and aft independent of the remainder of the back I don't think you will have an issue with the head rest pushing you too far forward.

Last edited by HansRobert; 09-19-2014 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #3
DavidTSG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

I agree. The top portion of the seat has additional flexibility over the non-MC seats, so it gives you a lot of choice in how you want the seat. If I keep the seat top back further, adjusted to resemble a standard seat, I have several inches of room in the headrest. Normally, I curve the seat top forward quite a bit, so the top half is in fairly close, and I still have an inch or so of room with the headrest.

I'm not sure what "far enough back" is for your taste, but these are definitely not airline seats that push into your head when your back is naturally against the seat. I know that feeling and I hate it.