08-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #133
ramsal
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diper View Post
It is definately a software fix. They contacted their BMW forum.
Just had the start stop issue looked at yesterday. I was told that I was pressing the button too quickly. Was told to press and hold for about a second when turning off the engine.

Email from the SA:
"For the start / stop button issue there was a fault for the button being pressed too quickly to turn off the car....By pressing and holding the button the car will shut off. The button is working correctly."
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #134
CaliX5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsal View Post
Just had the start stop issue looked at yesterday. I was told that I was pressing the button too quickly. Was told to press and hold for about a second when turning off the engine.

Email from the SA:
"For the start / stop button issue there was a fault for the button being pressed too quickly to turn off the car....By pressing and holding the button the car will shut off. The button is working correctly."
Don't buy it... I was told that and keep my foot off the brake etc... none of it worked. I took a video and gave it my SA with me pushing the stop button several times and it did not turn off. He is now forwarding my video to BMW Germany to seek their assistance. They replaced my button but it still does it.

Its a software issue that needs to be addressed. BMW really doesn't need the bad press... this is happening to a lot of us and only with the F15.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #135
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Button is a problem: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1V6T...p=form_confirm

And, yes, on the other thread on the first page, I am peddling my new survey which will be more comprehensive. Your input or volunteer work to improve it is much welcome...can't miss the thread: "The Definitive Survey of2014 X5 F15", complete with typo in the title.

And yes, I am looking at the raw data input. Under "other" one of you wrote:

"wife ignores parking sensor and crashes into staircase wall in garage"

That one wins the prize so far.

Last edited by MattBianco; 08-29-2014 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 04:41 PM   #136
CaliX5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
Button is a problem: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1V6T...p=form_confirm

And, yes, on the other thread on the first page, I am peddling my new survey which will be more comprehensive. Your input or volunteer work to improve it is much welcome...can't miss the thread: "The Definitive Survey of2014 X5 F15", complete with typo in the title.

And yes, I am looking at the raw data input. Under "other" one of you wrote:

"wife ignores parking sensor and crashes into staircase wall in garage"

That one wins the prize so far.
Thank you for doing this I just sent it to BMW. Someone is going need to stop there X5 and won't be able to... won't be good.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #137
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliX5 View Post
Thank you for doing this I just sent it to BMW. Someone is going need to stop there X5 and won't be able to... won't be good.
In emergencies, I would try to move the key enough far away to trigger the warning about key not being close, and try turning it off then. I would also try shifting in D and back into P.

They must busy figuring out a rollout for the solution at this point.....a software fix is likely undergoing testing now, if not available already My Late July 2014 build has no issues with this.

My big worry is the soft close doors. Few have them. Many that do, are having problems with them popping out of full lock (ajar) at high speeds.

Meanwhile, with your help and that of others who have volunteered with the survey design, this (below) should provide a far more meaningful feedback than the prior survey I sent. It is in draft:

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1029153
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #138
Diper
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 3.0d

Just had the software update, and all works fine now. Due to a mistake the update took two days unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #139
CaliX5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Dealer just called me they have the software update for mine too. I am taking it in Thursday for the update... fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 03:50 AM   #140
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFlap View Post
My issues currently under investigation by my supplying dealer:
  • Towbar 13 pin socket re-wire (missing 12V auxiliary supplies),
  • Fix rear comfort seat rattle (second attempt)
  • Replace drivers door puddle light,
  • Had iDrive reboot a couple of times - investigate cause / rectify
  • Stop button sometimes needs multiple presses to stop engine - investigate cause / rectify
  • Sort out rusty brake disk hubs
  • Identify cause of transmission noise heard at low speeds (<=10mph) at light throttle - sounds like heat shield vibration / resonance (IMO) also makes strange rattling noise under the car on the overrun slowing from 30-20mph particularly on downhill.
Items 1,3,4&5 sorted at last visit. Item 6 was discussed at length, dealer insisted that this is not a problem and initially refused to deal with it. I insisted that it was sorted out and they, eventually, agreed to paint them free if charge at the next visit. The dealer has had to order a new rear seat base from Germany, this will be fitted at the next visit. Item 7 is being ignored, even though my transmission whines like an old London bus (IMO) they insist there's nothing wrong with it.

To fix items 4&5 they have installed the latest firmware update, I've had no issues since other than various coding mods I'd done previously have been overwritten (had to reapply)

The items above took a total of four days to resolve...not impressed!
      09-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #141
Heden
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6 MY2016

Quote:
Items 1,3,4&5 sorted at last visit. Item 6 was discussed at length, dealer insisted that this is not a problem and initially refused to deal with it. I insisted that it was sorted out and they, eventually, agreed to paint them free if charge at the next visit. The dealer has had to order a new rear seat base from Germany, this will be fitted at the next visit. Item 7 is being ignored, even though my transmission whines like an old London bus (IMO) they insist there's nothing wrong with it.

To fix items 4&5 they have installed the latest firmware update, I've had no issues since other than various coding mods I'd done previously have been overwritten (had to reapply)

The items above took a total of four days to resolve...not impressed!

I tried to get my dealer (or service dept) to fix my rusty hubs, but they refused with the excuse that the hubs are designed to rust. I think that explanation is ridiculous

Anyone else that has succeeded getting this fixed by the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #142
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heden View Post
I tried to get my dealer (or service dept) to fix my rusty hubs, but they refused with the excuse that the hubs are designed to rust. I think that explanation is ridiculous

Anyone else that has succeeded getting this fixed by the dealer?
My reasoning was that since the factory paint the hubs, they are, by definition, a painted surface and their premature rusting is unacceptable - particularly on a premium high value vehicle. If they were bare steel it might be expected and more acceptable!
      09-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #143
CaliX5
Enlisted Member
Rep

Well they gave my X5 the new update and I think it has solved all my weird problems. Under software on my X5 it says :

Media: MN-002.045.001
Telephone: TN-002.045.001
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #144
BKMK5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 MB C43

So when they replaced the HUD a month ago, they ended up braking my trim.

The dealer was notified and I brought the car in last week to show them the piece that needed replacing. This week I had an appointment to correct and all that came in was the vent which doesn't need replacing. The silver trim is what needs replacing and the dealer cannot find it now.

Really a terrible shop.
Attached Images

SOLD-2011.5 ///M3 Sedan ZCP
SOLD-2008 E90 335i Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #145
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMK5 View Post
So when they replaced the HUD a month ago, they ended up braking my trim.

The dealer was notified and I brought the car in last week to show them the piece that needed replacing. This week I had an appointment to correct and all that came in was the vent which doesn't need replacing. The silver trim is what needs replacing and the dealer cannot find it now.

Really a terrible shop.
Sorry to see this! Which dealer?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #146
BKMK5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 MB C43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn View Post
Sorry to see this! Which dealer?
Habberstad BMW.
SOLD-2011.5 ///M3 Sedan ZCP
SOLD-2008 E90 335i Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #147
Heden
Private
Rep

Quote:
My reasoning was that since the factory paint the hubs, they are, by definition, a painted surface and their premature rusting is unacceptable - particularly on a premium high value vehicle. If they were bare steel it might be expected and more acceptable!
So I checked closely on my car today. I can't see any signs of the discs being painted from factory. Maybe BMW changed this over time? But we still have the same issue. I have attached three pictures that I took today.

Does yours look similar?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #148
joejoejr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoejr View Post
Sound changed overnight. Hard to describe but sounds like the chirp went from Dolby Digital (in terms of fullness) to Stereo (only coming from rear passenger side of car and high pitched). I wasn't in love with the original chirp and now its even worse.
Alarm chirp stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Yes, I have the iDrive setting set. Annoyances piling up....time to take the car in for service. Here are all of my current issues:
  • Doors opening while driving. Definitely has something to do with the soft close feature.
  • Alarm going off for no apparent reason
  • Alarm chirp not working (used to work)
  • Whistle over driver side mirror while driving at highway speeds
  • Constant clicking in driver seat belt hanger area after car has been in direct sunlight for hours. Stops after 10 minutes or so.
  • Weak A/C
  • Poor Radio Reception
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #149
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Wow, is this normal amount of problems for this type of vehicle.
I am beginning to think I got one of a kind E70 with non of the major issues listed here or anywhere else. (other than the cargo area rattle)
A little concerned now..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 03:43 AM   #150
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Quote:
I am beginning to think I got one of a kind E70 with non of the major issues listed here or anywhere else. (other than the cargo area rattle)
A little concerned now..
You just got lucky with your E70. Practically any BWM model release comes with loads of minor glitches and some problems... if you don't want to wait for an LCI, be prepared. As easy as that.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 04:08 AM   #151
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
A little concerned now..
I'm with you GH. No issues with my E70 I had for two years.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 04:12 AM   #152
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
So I checked closely on my car today. I can't see any signs of the discs being painted from factory. Maybe BMW changed this over time? But we still have the same issue. I have attached three pictures that I took today.

Does yours look similar?
Heden, when was yours built?

Mine was production date 5th April and no rust or deposits whatsoever on discs or inside wheels.
My E70 had them from the get-go....strange.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 06:09 AM   #153
Heden
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
Heden, when was yours built?

Mine was production date 5th April and no rust or deposits whatsoever on discs or inside wheels.
My E70 had them from the get-go....strange.
Baunton, It's built in August 2013. Delivered in October 2013.

The dealer sent me pictures from one car from their showroom today. So a brand new car with 0 miles on it. It has the same issue.

I know that this is a cosmetic issue, but still I don't think that it should be there. I believe that BMW has hired too many accountants that overrides the engineers

I have 3 BMW's earlier and 12 cars in total. None of them had this issue. I mean brake discs has been used for more than 60 years. It can't be rocket science to get them not to rust.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 06:27 AM   #154
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Baunton, It's built in August 2013. Delivered in October 2013.

The dealer sent me pictures from one car from their showroom today. So a brand new car with 0 miles on it. It has the same issue.

I know that this is a cosmetic issue, but still I don't think that it should be there. I believe that BMW has hired too many accountants that overrides the engineers

I have 3 BMW's earlier and 12 cars in total. None of them had this issue. I mean brake discs has been used for more than 60 years. It can't be rocket science to get them not to rust.
Yes, it's an odd one when some cars have it and others don't. Different supplier or specification used on some vehicles maybe?
Mine was built April 2014.

Your correct that it should not happen, I guess for once I'm lucky
Appreciate 0