BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

01-10-2023, 01:18 PM   #1
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Rear tire wear & SPC adjustable camber arms, recommended upgrade!

About a year ago, I had the SPC adjustable rear camber arms installed on my X5.

The other day I had a flat tire and when at the tire shop with tire off the car, I noticed how much better/ more even, the rear tires (325/30ZR-21 Micheline Pilot SS) have worn down, compared to previous set of same tires, before I had the SPC camber arms.

It's a bit costly to buy, then get them installed and adjusted correctly. Nonetheless with todays tire prices I highly recommend it, especially if you are on a lowered suspension causing extra negative camber like on our X5's.

Got mine from:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-spc-part...air/72115~scp/

Also, having less negative camber, I feel helped a bit with the harshness of the lowered ride and wider lower profile summer tires(I'm on rear airbags, stock shocks). I'm guessing rear tires not having as much negative camber, helps sidewall load be more evenly distributed to both sides of tires.
Appreciate 0