BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-26-2018, 10:16 PM   #1
recursiveDopamine
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prev: M5, X5M Curr: X6 50i

2 years service what to ask for?

My X6 only has about 20,000 miles and just got the service done from the nearest dealer. (Dealing with horrible experience so far.)

They only did the oil&filter change and the advisor told me that BMWUSA is more likely to decline the brake fluid change as it's a low mile.

I had my previous X5M taken care of based on its year/month as I don't drive much and I felt like this guy is trying to rip me off of it.

I picked it up today and told him that I will come back tmr for it. He said like he will try to write it up stating it's my request. (Sounded like he wants me to pay when BMW declines.)

Am I taking the right move for taking in my X6 for the change? Or should I worry about getting charged for it?

PS: I am also experiencing squeaking noise when I get out of my car after turning off the engine. Is it related to the brake fluid?
Dealer said it's normal but I've never had one making this dragging parking brake sound except my old mercedes E.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 08:54 PM   #2
DonJuan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, F15 X5, F30 328d, E30

If I remember correctly, brake fluid is every two years from the "In service" date, regardless of mileage. Anything else is "condition or use based" You should be able to see what's due in iDrive>Menu>Vehicle Info
Appreciate 0