BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Cilajet - Interior and Exterior

Sorry to post this thread again....

I just wanted to listen from the actual owners who opted this protection or sealant both interior and exterior. No advise required on "Rip-Off".

Just wanted to hear from the actual owners who opted it and their experience particularly with Leather Interior. How does it look after you apply this protection? Does it change the appearance? any problems after the application... etc..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
rganguly
Private
Rep

Hi I had this in my Honda Mini Van previously, I think it makes no difference. Now I have a new x5 and I opted out. As for leather goes if you can clean it with a good leather care once every month you should be fine. As for exterior I saw no difference in my Honda. Again I'm opting out the sealant protection on the 2014 X5 I'm picking up this week.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rganguly View Post
Hi I had this in my Honda Mini Van previously, I think it makes no difference. Now I have a new x5 and I opted out. As for leather goes if you can clean it with a good leather care once every month you should be fine. As for exterior I saw no difference in my Honda. Again I'm opting out the sealant protection on the 2014 X5 I'm picking up this week.
I have sparkling brown X5 and its really dark. I see lot of spots after even car wash. So, you think it won't help much?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Diper
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 3.0d

I opted for 4 layers of ceramic pro 9H and one layer of ceramic pro light. But I'm as picky as they get. And a lot of searching forums etc before I selected this option.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerx5 View Post
Sorry to post this thread again....

I just wanted to listen from the actual owners who opted this protection or sealant both interior and exterior. No advise required on "Rip-Off".

Just wanted to hear from the actual owners who opted it and their experience particularly with Leather Interior. How does it look after you apply this protection? Does it change the appearance? any problems after the application... etc..
My wife was sold the Seal and Protect when she bought her 3 series coupe.
Waste of money IMO. As I'm the one that washes the cars it made no difference except being ~£400 lighter in her Mulberry
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Get a detailer to put Opticoat 2.0 on your car and you will be very pleased. Get them to redo it when needed.

http://opti-coat.com/
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #7
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
Get a detailer to put Opticoat 2.0 on your car and you will be very pleased. Get them to redo it when needed.

http://opti-coat.com/
The dealer only do CilaJet. I think CilaJet is only offered with Dealers only and not available in retail market.

The major advantage of having CilaJet is it comes with 10 year warranty both exterior and interior.

I am sold to take it but i am concerned of interior. Not really comfortable putting some chemical on my leather seats unless someone who already opted it tells me that I don't see or feel any difference.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #8
Diper
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 3.0d

My ceramic pro 9H is done at the dealer, by a detailer I've chosen. No problem for the dealer. What color is your interior? If it's dark I wouldnt't bother doing the interior
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #9
tiburonh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV, 2015 x3 diesel

If you buy this, then you might as well stock up on STP, Marvel Mystery Oil, or any of the other many snake oil treatments that dealers and auto parts stores make a fortune on every year. If CliaJet were such a miracle product, you can be sure the auto manufacturers would incorporate it into their manufacturing process to begin with.

YMMV, but I say put the money into something you will actually use and enjoy -- upgrade to the Harmon Kardon stereo? Add the HUD? Something real!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #10
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diper
I opted for 4 layers of ceramic pro 9H and one layer of ceramic pro light. But I'm as picky as they get. And a lot of searching forums etc before I selected this option.
Good stuff.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #11
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Also +1 for Opti-Coat 2.0. Had this on my M3.
Appreciate 0