skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

For those wanting a true AS tire

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I know a lot of X5 owners who have scrapped the RFT and are seeking a good A/S tire. For the 20" sport owners there's very few options. The Conti DWS seem to be a favorite among the forums. Well the new Michelin AS3's have arrived and from all the reviews i've read and from personally driving on them in a car, they are an all season tire with the handling of a summer tire on dry roads. From the tests so far, the AS3's beat the DWS dry braking distance on wet roads. So here's the catch, they don't make the AS3's in the 275/40/20 and 315/35/20 sized for the X5. However, I wrote to Michelin and explained the need for more options in a AS tire for the X5. Michelin replied and said that if the market shows a need for those sizes they could possibly start producing them. So I'm asking all those who would like to seem them on the X5 please take a few minutes and explain why they should. Thanks in advance!

Contact Michelin:

http://www.michelinman.com/contact-us.page

Here's the tire:

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-sele...ails#techspecs