BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

09-06-2013, 02:44 AM   #45
Hans_ACS
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F01 740d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eu001939 View Post
Bmw Beach Lounge at the Belgian coast. And yes, it's in a tent with temporary panels

The car was there for 1week only.

I guess the next opportunity will be Frankfurt later this month
Ah ok, got an invitation for this event also, if I knew the new X5 was there, I would have gone and see it.
Thx for the pics !
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 05:27 AM   #46
Scorpio
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5 M50d

Seeing it in the flesh

Hi all,

I also went to that bmw beach event ( twice in one week) . It was seeing the x5 in the flesh ( even in a not so flattering combination) that made me choose for the new x5m50d instead of the RRS ( although choice was difficult).

I was very doubtful after seeing the first pictures/ videos but in "real life" it really looks great !

I just ordered it today !

Cheers
Erik
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 07:12 AM   #47
Danyutz
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper

We also had our closed room event and I must say that the photos don't do justice, the car looks great in person.

Those sculpted lines the sharp front end and all those air vents/blades complete the design.

Looks like BMW took care of all details, as soon as you enter, car's interior feels a lot more refined, premium.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #48
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyutz View Post
We also had our closed room event and I must say that the photos don't do justice, the car looks great in person.

Those sculpted lines the sharp front end and all those air vents/blades complete the design.

Looks like BMW took care of all details, as soon as you enter, car's interior feels a lot more refined, premium.
Any pics that you can post?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 03:14 AM   #49
Danyutz
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Unfortunately no, we weren't allowed. I can detail the event.

Car was in Sophistograu with Pure Experience exterior (must say that the car looks brilliant with all the trims color coded). As for options, as you'd expect, lots, except for 4-zone climate, side view, it had pretty much everything.

Inside, there was the Canberra beige leather and Oak wood trim. new Comfort seats look a lot more refined, previous ones looked a bit dull. There were several things that caught my eye, but I must say the discreet ambient lighting (which is part of Lights Package) is astonishing, you can mix 3 colors, end up with 6-9 variations (blue, white, orange). What I like that where the E70 had the "central locking" button, that one was replaced by "Driving assistant", where you can play with car's protection systems like (lane departure, change, collision detection, etc), i think it's more ergonomic than before.

THere's more, if you need more info, please ask.

Last edited by Danyutz; 09-19-2013 at 03:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #50
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyutz View Post
Unfortunately no, we weren't allowed. I can detail the event.

Car was in Sophistograu with Pure Experience exterior (must say that the car looks brilliant with all the trims color coded). As for options, as you'd expect, lots, except for 4-zone climate, side view, it had pretty much everything.

Inside, there was the Canberra beige leather and Oak wood trim. new Comfort seats look a lot more refined, previous ones looked a bit dull. There were several things that caught my eye, but I must say the discreet ambient lighting (which is part of Lights Package) is astonishing, you can mix 3 colors, end up with 6-9 variations (blue, white, orange). What I like that where the E70 had the "central locking" button, that one was replaced by "Driving assistant", where you can play with car's protection systems like (lane departure, change, collision detection, etc), i think it's more ergonomic than before.

THere's more, if you need more info, please ask.
Thanks for the detailed info. Canberra Biege is also offered first time with new X5. How does it look? Is it more on yellow side or white side? What's the overall impression of the interior with this color?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #51
Danyutz
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Sorry for the long time for reply.

Haven't really focused on color differences, I know that I felt comfy inside, the color was giving a warm feeling.
Appreciate 0