BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-30-2019, 11:37 AM   #1
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5

Stay away from BimmerTech

This company is a complete fraud item shipped from Arab nation and does not work , they say they have a one year warranty, customer service non existent will not call you back , basically told me to call my credit card company, BUYERS BEWARE!!! my dealer says they are not authorized for any parts from bmw , and not to deal with them they have seen horror stories with this company
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 11:40 AM   #2
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Can you provide the context of your post? Would love to read your full story
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 11:44 AM   #3
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 F15

+1
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 12:28 PM   #4
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Purchased a display key that's faulty from day 1 , purchased from BimmerTech they tell me go to dealership, bmw says they are a overseas company and they can't help me at all , bmw says to return to them I purchased from a New Jersey phone number, item was shipped from United Emirates , key took 6 weeks to receive and another 2 to program and it is defective, my service advisor said he has nothing good to say about them , BimmerTech claims they purchased it from bmw , I can't return it to bmw all I wanted is for them to return it to be replaced, and for a month I'm getting the run around, all is good now my credit company is taking care of it I sent them all emails and there so called return policy, and they credited my account, just posting my bad service I had to deal with , I learned my lesson bmw dealers from now on worth the extra money ,
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 12:35 PM   #5
mrfochon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M package

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcinema View Post
Purchased a display key that's faulty from day 1 , purchased from BimmerTech they tell me go to dealership, bmw says they are a overseas company and they can't help me at all , bmw says to return to them I purchased from a New Jersey phone number, item was shipped from United Emirates , key took 6 weeks to receive and another 2 to program and it is defective, my service advisor said he has nothing good to say about them , BimmerTech claims they purchased it from bmw , I can't return it to bmw all I wanted is for them to return it to be replaced, and for a month I'm getting the run around, all is good now my credit company is taking care of it I sent them all emails and there so called return policy, and they credited my account, just posting my bad service I had to deal with , I learned my lesson bmw dealers from now on worth the extra money ,
Wow they told you to contact your credit card company ? What am I missing here ? They ll be asked to refund the money..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 12:44 PM   #6
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Just curious how much did you pay for your keys?
      07-30-2019, 01:43 PM   #7
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Purchased a display key that's faulty from day 1
Can you explain in what way is the display you purchased faulty? Does it fail to communicate with your car? Does it operate sporadically? Does it not turn on? Does it have a battery inside of it to power it up? We have no as to what you mean by "faulty"...and I'm sure most of us would like to offer some type of help or point you in a direction or perhaps even explain something you may not understand. There's info missing (like the back story) in trying to understand your dilemma.

If the key is brand new and purchased from a BMW dealership (by BimmerTech)...it would have required your BMW's VIN...did they ask and did you give them that information? And if you did, was it doublechecked for accuracy? Always check the VIN (like in this case) to make sure alpha & numerical digits aren't mixed up...like Ss being 5s or the letter I being misinterpreted as a one.

What is the 11 digit BMW part nbr for the display key your purchased? That's important because there are multiple part nbrs for keys that operate on different frequencies for different parts of the world. Perhaps you have a key that is for a different market? If you have the 11 digit BMW part nbr...you could bring that to the vendors attention which would be their mistake (if they know you're in the USA and they ordered a key that operates on the frequencies for Europe or the Middle East).

Did you follow the instructions for "teaching a new remote"? See instructions below if you're not familiar with the procedure:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #8
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Spoke with mike at BimmerTech and he is trying to make things right!! Was a customer service issue, so hopefully all is good I hear they are a reputable company to deal with it's my first purchase from them
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 01:47 PM   #9
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Quote:
Can you explain in what way is the display you purchased faulty? Does it fail to communicate with your car? Does it operate sporadically? Does it not turn on? Does it have a battery inside of it to power it up? We have no as to what you mean by "faulty"...and I'm sure most of us would like to offer some type of help or point you in a direction or perhaps even explain something you may not understand. There's info missing (like the back story) in trying to understand your dilemma.

If the key is brand new and purchased from a BMW dealership (by BimmerTech)...it would have required your BMW's VIN...did they ask and did you give them that information? And if you did, was it doublechecked for accuracy? Always check the VIN (like in this case) to make sure alpha & numerical digits aren't mixed up...like Ss being 5s or the letter I being misinterpreted as a one.

What is the 11 digit BMW part nbr for the display key your purchased? That's important because there are multiple part nbrs for keys that operate on different frequencies for different parts of the world. Perhaps you have a key that is for a different market? If you have the 11 digit BMW part nbr...you could bring that to the vendors attention which would be their mistake (if they know you're in the USA and they ordered a key that operates on the frequencies for Europe or the Middle East).

Did you follow the instructions for "teaching a new remote"? See instructions below if you're not familiar with the procedure:
Key works fine but only holds a charge for 24 hours and is red hot whenever it charges bmw service department advise not to use it
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 01:48 PM   #10
Smithcinema
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Quote:

Key works fine issue is it only holds a charge for 24 hours and bmw service says it's not the battery, the key gets red hot when it charges
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 02:36 PM   #11
turboawd
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

What is a 'display key'?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 03:29 PM   #12
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Regular key with touch screen display in it.
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/07/...ody-asked-for/
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 05:03 PM   #13
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

AFAIK the Display Key is not compatible with F15/F16, so what are you talking about?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 05:25 PM   #14
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinP View Post
AFAIK the Display Key is not compatible with F15/F16, so what are you talking about?
The OP has a 2019 X5 listed....would that be a G05 X5? (the OP posted the same thing over on the G05 X5 forum...and they are questioning what happened and why this vendor is being maligned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
What is a 'display key'?
Key options for the new G series BMWs includes the option for the Display Key (#1 in the diagram)

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2019, 03:26 PM   #15
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
This company is a complete fraud item shipped from Arab nation and does not work , they say they have a one year warranty, customer service non existent will not call you back , basically told me to call my credit card company, BUYERS BEWARE!!! my dealer says they are not authorized for any parts from bmw , and not to deal with them they have seen horror stories with this company
In 9 out of 10 cases, another company will shitmouth their "competitor". I haven't dealt with bimmertech, but i have dealt with dealerships and other business. It's always: "whoever did this job last time, did it wrong" type of mentality. "You didn't buy it from us? It's busted"

I call bullshit on the dealership part. I will bet you that they don't even know who they are. Bimmertech is known on forums for retrofitting, however, number of people who retrofit and then go back to dealership for something is kind of low. Especially to complain about aftermarket company. So, your SA is most likely full of shit.

Also, I am confused as why you are so pissed. Shit happens. BMW has faulty parts too. So having one bad key that happened to end up in your hands is automatic dismissal and worth bashing of the company? Why are you even driving BMW then? They fucked up so many things on their cars. They are not flawless: injectors, HPFP, vanos, water pump, granading engines, faulty AC fans, airb bags, car fires, just to name the few. Even thou with all BMW fuck ups, you still ended up buying '19 X5 and I don't see you bashing BMW.

So, what exactly is your point? Out of hundreds good reviews, you have potentially bad part, for which they gave you solution, yet you are bitching about it?

Do you know how chargebacks work? When you file a claim with company (bank), they go after the merchant with whom you disputed. Merchant has option to fight the dispute (in that case the bank would make assessment if you deserve $ or not) or just refund the money. Since the company directed you to file a claim with the bank, they are telling you how to get your money back. In some instances, you are actually better off this way, then for them to process the refund to your card - less potential fees, etc.

Hopefully, you do realize that your dealership will lie to your face and make shit up to trash their competition and make themselves look better.
Appreciate 3