BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-25-2018, 03:19 PM   #23
nomz09
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWOO7 View Post
One of the two dealers I talked to mentioned something about that but they weren't real clear...

Also, the last dealer indicated that they didn't want to get involved with it as he said "all dealers have been told that they can no longer offer the customer a lower price and split the difference with the customer on the lower price".

From talking with them, it sounded like they were a dealer that had been doing this.

I'll be calling them tomorrow as I didn't get a chance today before they closed.

hey, what dealer you referring to? tried in westmont bmw? anyway, may i know how much you leasing it? thinking about leasing the new x5m 2019 coming up as i get bored with cars after 3 yrs. i feel like every year theres a new car that interest me. thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 10:47 AM   #24
BMWOO7
BMW CCA #505303
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M / 2013 SVT Raptor

I bought a 650xi Convertible from Laurel in Westmont and they weren't bad to deal with at all. Did the entire transaction over the phone and email and then finished everything off when I went there to pick up the car.

It depends on what part of Chicago you live in, on the North side by the Lake there is Knautz, Fields, Motor Werks and Patrick just as dealers that usually have decent inventory.

My lease was ~$814.00/Month, everything included but I got a really good deal on an X5M that someone else had custom ordered and then backed out on before it came in so the dealer made me an awesome deal on it.

I'd recommend an X5M to anyone, they are outstanding in every respect. The only thing that I could do without is the performance brake squeal at times, but you get used to it, I think.....

I actually just bought it from BMW at the end of my lease as it only has ~9700 miles on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomz09 View Post
hey, what dealer you referring to? tried in westmont bmw? anyway, may i know how much you leasing it? thinking about leasing the new x5m 2019 coming up as i get bored with cars after 3 yrs. i feel like every year theres a new car that interest me. thanks
      08-21-2018, 03:39 PM   #25
nomz09
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWOO7 View Post
I bought a 650xi Convertible from Laurel in Westmont and they weren't bad to deal with at all. Did the entire transaction over the phone and email and then finished everything off when I went there to pick up the car.

It depends on what part of Chicago you live in, on the North side by the Lake there is Knautz, Fields, Motor Werks and Patrick just as dealers that usually have decent inventory.

My lease was ~$814.00/Month, everything included but I got a really good deal on an X5M that someone else had custom ordered and then backed out on before it came in so the dealer made me an awesome deal on it.

I'd recommend an X5M to anyone, they are outstanding in every respect. The only thing that I could do without is the performance brake squeal at times, but you get used to it, I think.....

I actually just bought it from BMW at the end of my lease as it only has ~9700 miles on it.

WOW!!. that was pretty sweet deal...$814 for x5m? damn..now time to hunt to get same deal. did you have to put down payment?

i go to laurel westmont as they are awesome and give you okay deals better than others.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 07:39 PM   #26
trev230
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomz09 View Post
WOW!!. that was pretty sweet deal...$814 for x5m? damn..now time to hunt to get same deal. did you have to put down payment?

i go to laurel westmont as they are awesome and give you okay deals better than others.

$814 for an X5M? Must have put a chunk of money down to get the payment that low. I wouldn't call that a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #27
Rox335i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 14' 335i, 17' X6 35i

Buy it if you want. It only has around 10000 miles probably now? Or you can lease another car considering that you don't really need that much horsepower. My X6 35i smokes mostly everyone on the road.
Nvm, saw the post above and you mentioned you already bought it. Enjoy the car!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 04:56 AM   #28
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Yeah, don’t freaking believe what these stealer utter out of their mouth. Negotiate negotiate negotiate!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2018, 12:53 PM   #29
guess2098
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

My friend at dealer said Bmw took away buyout at dealer option at the end of lease. You can only pay for residual price or return. Dealer no long can do end of lease to sell.
Appreciate 0