Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #178
mikenyc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8 Giga, 2019 X5 40i

Wink just got myself into new 2014 X5 50i lease in Boston

just got myself into new 2014 X5 50i lease in Boston, you can PM me for more details

I can confirm that at this point BMWFS running 1000$ loyalty discount + 500$ towards first month payment =1500$ total off for 2014 X5

my deal including above discount - MSRP 79700 Selling 75500 ( about 150-200 extra out of usual charges were pulled out of me for doc prep and small charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV55 View Post
If anyone knows of A BMW dealer in MA preferably, or New England that will likely be willing to go $500 to $1000 over invoice, please post or pm me. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #179
frcjr22
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirajkas View Post
Anyone knows any dealer in south Florida? Best offer I got is 2900 off of msrp
Can you please share a contact where you got the 2900 off in SF? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #180
frcjr22
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1er View Post
If you have Costco, you can get invoice + 1000 anywhere where there is a dealer participating in their program. I had to go out of State in order to get that offer!
which dealership did it take you to... I live in Florida and they sent me to Tennessee and they were 3000 off MSRP... Please share dealership contact,

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #181
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 640i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by frcjr22 View Post
which dealership did it take you to... I live in Florida and they sent me to Tennessee and they were 3000 off MSRP... Please share dealership contact,

Thanks
I'm also in Florida and got a good deal through Costco Auto program... It may look like I work for Costco by now, cause I've mentioned it many times here! But because none of the many BMW dealers in FL participates on the Costco program or want to give a decent discount on the new X5, I decided to order the vehicle in GA. If you are interested, PM and I can give you the contact details of the SA who helped me there.

Price was 1,000 over invoice!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #182
sf_bay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 (awaiting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1er View Post
I'm also in Florida and got a good deal through Costco Auto program... It may look like I work for Costco by now, cause I've mentioned it many times here! But because none of the many BMW dealers in FL participates on the Costco program or want to give a decent discount on the new X5, I decided to order the vehicle in GA. If you are interested, PM and I can give you the contact details of the SA who helped me there.

Price was 1,000 over invoice!
After I had shopped around for a few weeks, a friend of mine suggested I use costco too. At first I dismissed it but then built a car on their online tool and a dealer in Sacramento gave me $1450 over invoice. Much better than I was able to do on my own, so I highly recommend too!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #183
tiburonh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV, 2015 x3 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_bay View Post
After I had shopped around for a few weeks, a friend of mine suggested I use costco too. At first I dismissed it but then built a car on their online tool and a dealer in Sacramento gave me $1450 over invoice. Much better than I was able to do on my own, so I highly recommend too!
Well done!

Was the Sacto dealer able to verify that he actually has a real allocation slot to give you in the near future, or is he just promising to sell the car at that price sometime down the road when slots open up?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #184
sf_bay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 (awaiting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburonh View Post
Well done!

Was the Sacto dealer able to verify that he actually has a real allocation slot to give you in the near future, or is he just promising to sell the car at that price sometime down the road when slots open up?
Great question - he gave me one of two allocations they had for a Dec build. I have been checking the production number online and it still shows as "processing" (I of course check every day). It does seem like there are dealers that negotiate for spots they don't have which isn't good.

One thing worth mentioning is that if you're leasing, it seems that dealers make up a portion of the discount they offer on the MSRP by marking up the money factor on the lease. They initially offered .00165 to me (BMW charges .00125). I got them down to .00145. Not great as the MF makes a big difference on an $80-90k lease. Just make sure you get that on the table early on...
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #185
tiburonh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV, 2015 x3 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf_bay View Post
Great question - he gave me one of two allocations they had for a Dec build. I have been checking the production number online and it still shows as "processing" (I of course check every day). It does seem like there are dealers that negotiate for spots they don't have which isn't good.

One thing worth mentioning is that if you're leasing, it seems that dealers make up a portion of the discount they offer on the MSRP by marking up the money factor on the lease. They initially offered .00165 to me (BMW charges .00125). I got them down to .00145. Not great as the MF makes a big difference on an $80-90k lease. Just make sure you get that on the table early on...
Thanks.

And totally true re needing to be aware of the classic stealership game of offering a seemingly good and very tempting discount off the MSRP only to make it back up (and even more so) by tricks like tacking on a markup on the lease money factor, charging phantom "processing" fees, undervaluing a trade in, etc., etc.

Not new news, but everyone out there needs to get every single element of the deal evaluated as a whole and agreed to in writing in advance. The good dealers will have no problem with this, while the shifty ones will obfuscate and delay until the car arrives and then try to dip their hands even deeper into your wallet while you are drooling over the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #186
DR1er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 640i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburonh View Post
Thanks.

And totally true re needing to be aware of the classic stealership game of offering a seemingly good and very tempting discount off the MSRP only to make it back up (and even more so) by tricks like tacking on a markup on the lease money factor, charging phantom "processing" fees, undervaluing a trade in, etc., etc.

Not new news, but everyone out there needs to get every single element of the deal evaluated as a whole and agreed to in writing in advance. The good dealers will have no problem with this, while the shifty ones will obfuscate and delay until the car arrives and then try to dip their hands even deeper into your wallet while you are drooling over the car.
^^ ABSOLUTELY TRUE!! in the big majority of dealers (at least in my area) it is so frustrating to make a deal. It's like you have to be aware because you feel like somebody is trying to scam you in dozens different ways.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #187
sirajkas
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2014

Frcjr22, it's lauderdale import in fll. Pm me if you need additional info..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #188
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Some great deals listed here. I went into BMW of Bridgewater (NJ) for a '14 and they told me they were holding to sticker. I said no thanks. They let me walk out of the showroom with MSRP as their final offer! Said they only had one car on hand and that was only because a deal had fallen through.

Makes the X5 another lost sale to me. I ended up going to Open Road for my '13 M5 last November when they told me MSRP or leave it. Left it then too.

I'm looking for the most aggressive dealer in the NJ area that is willing to move units at invoice or close to it.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #189
bim_power
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I went to a dealer this week. They also told me MSRP with $1K if finance at 2.99%. I am thinking since this is a smaller dealership, their allocations/slots may not be as many... so the search is on.

Is it a hassle to go through financing for the $1K discount?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #190
New2X5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 (looking to buy)

Looking for X5 3.5i in Chicago area

Hi
We are looking to buy 2014 X5 3.5i in Chicago area. Please advise or suggest dealers/contact.
--Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #191
rraghu75
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 xDrive

I signed the deal for MSRP - 6% in addition to the 1,000 loyalty and just took delivery of the X5 earlier this week. The dealership is not doing any deals right now below MSRP and all their production slots until April are apparently booked.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #192
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraghu75 View Post
I signed the deal for MSRP - 6% in addition to the 1,000 loyalty and just took delivery of the X5 earlier this week. The dealership is not doing any deals right now below MSRP and all their production slots until April are apparently booked.
You are giving wrong information to other fellow members. 6% off with BMW Bellevue and BMW seattle is only for Microsoft employees that's how you got it

For general public it's 3%.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #193
DallasMedic
Rep
Drives: e90/cooper s

Going to try Steve Thomas with Francesca.

Trying to get x5 alpine white.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #194
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
Some great deals listed here. I went into BMW of Bridgewater (NJ) for a '14 and they told me they were holding to sticker. I said no thanks. They let me walk out of the showroom with MSRP as their final offer! Said they only had one car on hand and that was only because a deal had fallen through.

Makes the X5 another lost sale to me. I ended up going to Open Road for my '13 M5 last November when they told me MSRP or leave it. Left it then too.

I'm looking for the most aggressive dealer in the NJ area that is willing to move units at invoice or close to it.
Best I've found in our area is Thompson BMW just north of Philly @ $1250 over invoice (Costco Auto program) (6.75% off MSRP)

Open Road in Edison offered 5% off MSRP
BMW Bloomfield offered me 5.125% off MSRP

BMW Bridgewater are a bunch of clowns ... they tried to get me to pay sticker for my '14 550xi ($89k) ... I got it @ Open Road Edison for $80,250 + $3k BMW NA incentives ... so basically for $77,250!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #195
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillpusher84 View Post
Best I've found in our area is Thompson BMW just north of Philly @ $1250 over invoice (Costco Auto program) (6.75% off MSRP)

Open Road in Edison offered 5% off MSRP
BMW Bloomfield offered me 5.125% off MSRP

BMW Bridgewater are a bunch of clowns ... they tried to get me to pay sticker for my '14 550xi ($89k) ... I got it @ Open Road Edison for $80,250 + $3k BMW NA incentives ... so basically for $77,250!
I don't understand how Bridgewater does much business with this strategy. Then again it may be self fulfilling. Try to sell at MSRP or close to it. Lose many deals. Lower sales means smaller allocations. Smaller allocations means they want to get as much as possible for every car so they wait for that one buyer for their limited inventory. Round and round it goes.

I'll check out Thompson. I have heard they are good and I have Costco as well. Nice deal BTW on that 550xi.

Back in November of '13 the only dealer that would give me ANYTHING off MSRP for my M5 was Open Road (I knew somebody there). Spoke to 5 other dealers in NJ and each told me MSRP or no deal (2 wanted over MSRP!). Wish I had just a little patience & waited 6 months as the deals last summer and especially now are incredible on the M's. Definitely pays to wait and to shop around a little
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 08:43 AM   #196
pillpusher84
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M-Sport Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
I don't understand how Bridgewater does much business with this strategy. Then again it may be self fulfilling. Try to sell at MSRP or close to it. Lose many deals. Lower sales means smaller allocations. Smaller allocations means they want to get as much as possible for every car so they wait for that one buyer for their limited inventory. Round and round it goes.
Exactly ... If they ever want to become a large volume dealer, they need to revise this strategy ... But I guess it's working for them. They have a good location in my opinion, and access to a client base that has above average income, so maybe they are not willing to haggle for a deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #197
rraghu75
Rep
Drives: BMW 535 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiku View Post
You are giving wrong information to other fellow members. 6% off with BMW Bellevue and BMW seattle is only for Microsoft employees that's how you got it

For general public it's 3%.
There is nothing like general public discount. What you get is what you negotiate. Being an employee of Microsoft has its perks, but not the 6% discount....
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #198
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by rraghu75 View Post
There is nothing like general public discount. What you get is what you negotiate. Being an employee of Microsoft has its perks, but not the 6% discount....
that is the discount off of MSRP?? 3% of MSRP without any negotiation for everyone.

You PM me few days ago that only Microsoft employees are getting 6% discount

and I did talk to GM over there he told me same thing.
Appreciate 0