BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #45
YS1978
The Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

how do i know if here in Mexico we have the US or European model? i think its European..

i order the LED package and the dealer told me that i needed all this:

552 Adaptive LED
5A1 LED fog lights
5AC Light Assistant

so in short words, do i have anti dazzle or not ?

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #46
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Last everyone in this thread/other threads checked, you need LED Lighting package to have anti-dazzle feature. The Bi-Xenons aren't auto high beam.
Just fyi - the previous generation E70 had an auto high beam option.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 08:11 AM   #47
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Just fyi - the previous generation E70 had an auto high beam option.
I wonder why they would get rid of it on the F15 for the US market if that was the case. Lame.
      08-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #48
OuKEnFoLdMX
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by YS1978 View Post
how do i know if here in Mexico we have the US or European model? i think its European..

552 Adaptive LED
5A1 LED fog lights
5AC Light Assistant

nosotros no tenemos problemas, si viene con el sistema anti deslumbramiento, en usa tiene prohibida esa funcion, pero aqui en mexico no hay ninguna restriccion de nada, mas que del sirrius xm. saludos.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #49
atlantiQue
bmw x5 x25d
Belgium
Rep
Drives: x5 x25d

Quote:
Last everyone in this thread/other threads checked, you need LED Lighting package to have anti-dazzle feature. The Bi-Xenons aren't auto high beam.
Please check this one post from the UK user from February:
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=11

Also, I have the anti-dazzle feature on my F15 which works perfectly fine with bi-xenons. Obviously, you need to order and pay extra for a high beam assistant which, however, is way cheaper than LEDs. So if one only cares about the smart high beam feature but not so much about the LED headlights this could be the way to go (in Europe).
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #50
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantiQue View Post
Please check this one post from the UK user from February:
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=11

Also, I have the anti-dazzle feature on my F15 which works perfectly fine with bi-xenons. Obviously, you need to order and pay extra for a high beam assistant which, however, is way cheaper than LEDs. So if one only cares about the smart high beam feature but not so much about the LED headlights this could be the way to go (in Europe).
Thank you for the correction/clarification . European market is so lucky to have these options.
      08-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #51
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Thank you for the correction/clarification . European market is so lucky to have these options.
Blame the lazy American politicians and law makers
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2014, 02:09 PM   #52
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
You are thorough, as always your input is insightful. I thought Bi-Xenons were adaptive (meaning lights bend as the car turns whilst traveling at 60km/hr). Also for resale, LED are probably better if not in pricing but for sure in preference over Bi_X. Side note, I am surprised that you are still F25-less.
I just picked it up today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just drove it home and tried to program the garage door opener without success. Now Im obsessed to get it working. I decided to take the car in November 2013 so yes it was a long wait, due to TPM not being manufactures until April and then FInland is not on the top of the pile on getting cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #53
atlantiQue
bmw x5 x25d
Belgium
Rep
Drives: x5 x25d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
I just picked it up today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!! Long wait, indeed, like all of us here in Europe. Do not forget to post pictures.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #54
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YS1978

552 Adaptive LED
5A1 LED fog lights
5AC Light Assistant

Yes you have it, but the anti dazzle is turned off from the factory and it has to be coded to turn on.
      08-13-2014, 04:44 PM   #55
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
I just picked it up today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just drove it home and tried to program the garage door opener without success. Now Im obsessed to get it working. I decided to take the car in November 2013 so yes it was a long wait, due to TPM not being manufactures until April and then FInland is not on the top of the pile on getting cars.
Congratulations, now I recall , It was April when the TPMS was changed to show psi per tire. Enjoy and let us know how happy you are. Yes it took me about 30 minutes to program the GDO.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 01:27 AM   #56
plob
Private
Rep
Drives: 650i GC

I have some video footage of my adaptive LEDs with high beam assistant taken as I drive down some unlit country lanes. It shows how the headlights constantly try to improve/change the lighting to give the driver the best view.

I got this from the new dashcam that I fitted in the car last week. The problem is that I can't figure out how to post a video clip on here (maybe I need to put more sugar in my coffee). If someone can tell me how to do this then I'll post it. The file created by the dashcam is around 65Mb though...
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 01:56 AM   #57
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plob View Post
I have some video footage of my adaptive LEDs with high beam assistant taken as I drive down some unlit country lanes. It shows how the headlights constantly try to improve/change the lighting to give the driver the best view.

I got this from the new dashcam that I fitted in the car last week. The problem is that I can't figure out how to post a video clip on here (maybe I need to put more sugar in my coffee). If someone can tell me how to do this then I'll post it. The file created by the dashcam is around 65Mb though...
I'm not that familiar with online video sharing, but these two websites seem legitimate:

scratch that, don't use sizeablesend or vidstocloud. i read further into this CNET article in the comments section and it forces you to pay for membership for sizeablesend at least it seems: http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-sa...y-large-files/, but I could be wrong. That person gave no information about their size limit that they were trying to upgrade to. Most of these websites are all free for anything under 2Gb. VidsToCloud at least doesn't require a sign in process it seems.
      08-14-2014, 03:02 AM   #58
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:

Have a look at:

https://www.dropbox.com/pricing

It's safe and secure, we've been using it for backup, sync and sharing within our business for some time without issues. Once you've uploaded your video file you can share a link on this forum to it. (just right click on the file and select 'share link' - then right click / paste the link in your post - easy!
      08-14-2014, 03:07 AM   #59
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFlap View Post
Have a look at:

https://www.dropbox.com/pricing

It's safe and secure, we've been using it for backup, sync and sharing within our business for some time without issues. Once you've uploaded your video file you can share a link on this forum to it. (just right click on the file and select 'share link' - then right click / paste the link in your post - easy!
That one totally went over my head. I have dropbox as well and forgot it can be used for video files for free with less than 2gb. This is probably one of the best ways.
      08-14-2014, 03:33 AM   #60
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That one totally went over my head. I have dropbox as well and forgot it can be used for video files for free with less than 2gb. This is probably one of the best ways.

YouTube is the other way of course...post it to your account then share the link.

08-14-2014, 05:06 AM   #61
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
YouTube is the other way of course...post it to your account then share the link.

Yeah, but I think people don't use it as much and the fact that privacy is a concern since it's linked to your email account via google. That's why people look for free alternatives. At least that's the trend I see on various forums.
      08-14-2014, 06:09 AM   #62
plob
Private
Rep
Drives: 650i GC

Let's see if this works

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw2ofq6a69..._215615_NF.mp4

If it does, you'll be able to see the headlights start their thing once I get out of the streetlit area. If you look closely, you can see the car turning on/off headlights individually and moving them around to create a dark area around the car in front. You can see this most effectively by looking at the sides of the roads and seeing how it illuminates the hedgerows.

The video doesn't really do justice to how well this works when you are actually driving the car - but it is a good indicator.

Cheers
P
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #63
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Let's see if this works

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw2ofq6a69..._215615_NF.mp4

If it does, you'll be able to see the headlights start their thing once I get out of the streetlit area. If you look closely, you can see the car turning on/off headlights individually and moving them around to create a dark area around the car in front. You can see this most effectively by looking at the sides of the roads and seeing how it illuminates the hedgerows.

The video doesn't really do justice to how well this works when you are actually driving the car - but it is a good indicator.

Cheers
P
Despite the resolution, I actually see what you mean - especially if you look at the sides where the green bushes are as you mentioned, then obviously when it gets completely dark (the car must have gained some speed or turned), the auto high beam in the middle distance turned on, then went away as soon as the car returned into your line of vision. That is one awesome feature . Thanks for sharing, @plob.
      08-15-2014, 03:53 AM   #64
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned earlier though one good reason to get the LED package is the front direction indicators - they're super bright / sharp orange LED's not the crappy incandescent lamps you get with the Xenons!
      08-15-2014, 04:53 AM   #65
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned earlier though one good reason to get the LED package is the front direction indicators - they're super bright / sharp orange LED's not the crappy incandescent lamps you get with the Xenons!
Yeah, this is one of the nice features. The white LED eyebrows turn orange upon using the indicator.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 10:07 AM   #66
OuKEnFoLdMX
Private First Class
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

laser vs led

well i find this video where you can see clearly the the led adaptive in accion, and the laser headlights that kill all the headlights in this planet, they look amazing.

min 3.00

Appreciate 0