BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #45
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane View Post
Any updates on when production will begin for US market? Are they going to start shipping to Dealerships?

Currently have a 2nd week of October production date - but still haven't been able to set up performance delivery in SC yet.

Also - are any BMW incentives applicable? (BMW loyalty, USAA, etc)?
My car entered production last Friday (9/13). I'd also like to do Performance Center Delivery but evidently the X5 hasn't completed federal certification and they can't even schedule any deliveries until the certification is done. My CA forwarded me this message from the Performance Center:

"Dear [My CA],

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for [My name]. Unfortunately, this production number [My Production Number] is a new model or new model year and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government and must be obtained for every model every year, regardless of any change (or not) in the production of the vehicle. The vehicle will remain at the VDC/VPC until approvals are all holds have been removed. The vehicle will not ship to The BMW Performance Center or your BMW Retail Center.

Please inform your client that we will contact you with a delivery date as soon as all EPA and CARB Certifications have been received by BMWNA and the Monroney/EPA and Release holds have been removed. Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET.

Please be aware, BMW Manufacturing will not offer public tours effective April 29, 2013. We expect public tours to resume early summer 2014. A bulletin announcing details about the re-introduction of tours will be released when timeframes are known. If your customer attends on a date when the factory tour is not available, they will receive a certificate at delivery allowing them to schedule a factory tour at a later date, once the public tours resume.

Thank you for your patience!

BMW Performance Center Delivery Team"

My CA says BMW is targeting a launch date of 11/5. Anyone know if we will be able to schedule PCD before that time? If not, I may just opt for regular delivery at my local dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #46
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Thanks for sharing very valuable information. My order hasn't been into production yet. I am also doing Performance Center Delivery. It's sad to know they will not be able offer factory tours until summer 2014 but the certificate for later schedule is a breather.

What's your order?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #47
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Coupe

I hope they release the cars sooner than 11/5. Just sold our current SUV and not looking forward to 2 months of carpooling

but in reality its just the waiting that is the worst part...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #48
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

and then I keep seeing 2012-2013 X5 50 or X5 Ms come up on cars.com and I start thinking I should cancel my order and get the F15 in a couple years..

where does one find patience for these things
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 08:03 PM   #49
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerx5 View Post
Thanks for sharing very valuable information. My order hasn't been into production yet. I am also doing Performance Center Delivery. It's sad to know they will not be able offer factory tours until summer 2014 but the certificate for later schedule is a breather.

What's your order?
I was also disappointed by the tour thing. Maybe they are starting to tool the factory for the X6 and they don't want anyone to see.

My order is:
2014 X5 XDrive 35i xLine
Mineral White
Mocha Nappa Interior design Package
Poplar Trim
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Driver Assistance Plus Package
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Package
Space Saver Spare
Ceramic Controls
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #50
dencoop
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche (991) 911 C4S Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
My car entered production last Friday (9/13). I'd also like to do Performance Center Delivery but evidently the X5 hasn't completed federal certification and they can't even schedule any deliveries until the certification is done. My CA forwarded me this message from the Performance Center:

"Dear [My CA],

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for [My name]. Unfortunately, this production number [My Production Number] is a new model or new model year and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government and must be obtained for every model every year, regardless of any change (or not) in the production of the vehicle. The vehicle will remain at the VDC/VPC until approvals are all holds have been removed. The vehicle will not ship to The BMW Performance Center or your BMW Retail Center.

Please inform your client that we will contact you with a delivery date as soon as all EPA and CARB Certifications have been received by BMWNA and the Monroney/EPA and Release holds have been removed. Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET.

Please be aware, BMW Manufacturing will not offer public tours effective April 29, 2013. We expect public tours to resume early summer 2014. A bulletin announcing details about the re-introduction of tours will be released when timeframes are known. If your customer attends on a date when the factory tour is not available, they will receive a certificate at delivery allowing them to schedule a factory tour at a later date, once the public tours resume.

Thank you for your patience!

BMW Performance Center Delivery Team"

My CA says BMW is targeting a launch date of 11/5. Anyone know if we will be able to schedule PCD before that time? If not, I may just opt for regular delivery at my local dealer.

The information that your CA/Performance center provided is not accurate. I am we'll aware of the EPA/CARB approvals as I get a new bmw every 6-12 month so I did the legwork a few months ago...

If you go to the EPA/CARB website you will fin the fact that it has already been approved for both the 35 and 50 engines, I did not bother to check for diesels since I have a 50 on order and diesel won't go into production till December.

Here is the link to the approval document for the 50

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/...6r1_4d4_u2.pdf

When I spoke to the Production manager here is the exact answer that I got.

" The hold up right now for these vehicles is when BMWNA will officially allow them to be sold and delivered. BMWNA has yet to release the official on-sale date for the new X5. Last information we received was that it would be sometime in November. Until they release the on-sale date we won’t be able to confirm the delivery date."

My takeaway is that BMWNA is playing it smart selling every last E70 2013 X5 and not advertising the F15 2014 so that the average consumer has no clue that the 2013 is outdated and that the 2014 started production last month....

At this time they are building up inventory and shipping them to other countries to have a global release date if November 15th.

So unless BMWNA sells more E70 at a quicker then expected pace I don't think any of us will be getting our F15s before November 15th.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that the release date gets pushed up as I already have a reserved date at the PCD for October 25th...

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #51
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the information. FWIW, my CA told me that the launch date has been pushed up to 11/5.

He said that I couldn't yet schedule PCD. How were you able to get a reservation in October?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #52
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

My F15 X5 50i entered production yesterday!

Expected production end date is 10/4.

Still awaiting a PCD date - has anyone else received a PCD date yet?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #53
dencoop
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche (991) 911 C4S Cab

Quote:
My F15 X5 50i entered production yesterday!

Expected production end date is 10/4.

Still awaiting a PCD date - has anyone else received a PCD date yet?

No one has a PCD date confirmed yet...had another e-mail with the factory... I asked if possible to get PCD in October....

Here is the answer from the horses mouth....

"
EPA & CARB approvals have been received for most of the X5 models. However, BMWNA still has a Release hold on all the new BMW X5’s and have not announced when they will start allowing them to be retailed or shipped.

You can see this release hold still in place in the “Holds” section on the Vehicle Inquiry you provided below (left side of the page above the vehicle description section). We haven’t been given any information indicating that BMWNA plans to allow any of these X5’s to be retailed anytime earlier than November. We are not even sure when in November, these vehicles will be allowed to be sold. If they run out of space to store vehicles at distribution, they may allow some of them to ship to the Centers, but they will still be unable to sale or retail them, until the official on-sale date is announced."

Hope this helps.... Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #54
CFisher
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Black Sapphire

Quote:
Just ordered X5 50i with msport but noticed in the order sheet it says "std suspension". Is it worth it to upgrade to the 2VF suspension? I assume that is a $1500 msrp charge but the online configuration will not allow you to add it on bmwusa.com.

Car is already pricey but want to ensure its ordered correctly - please advise.

Thanks!
Going backward a page or so...I notice using the online configuration tool...adding "just" the air suspension (I can only assume it's 2VF) knocks me back to a 19 inch wheel without telling me.

I don't see anything in the pricing guide with a "2VF only with 19 inch wheels" restriction....so...just a configurator glitch or is this actually the case?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #55
760Lifan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 4xe Summit R & Trailhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFisher View Post
Going backward a page or so...I notice using the online configuration tool...adding "just" the air suspension (I can only assume it's 2VF) knocks me back to a 19 inch wheel without telling me.

I don't see anything in the pricing guide with a "2VF only with 19 inch wheels" restriction....so...just a configurator glitch or is this actually the case?
Just a glitch.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #56
okiekids
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i

I've been following this thread for a while. However, this is my first post. I have a wk 40 production 50i on order. Earlier this week, my status has changed to "released to carrier". I know there was earlier talk on this thread about holds being placed on the vehicle until a November release date. Unless there is a transportation issue, I'm guessing my order will reach my dealer in around a week. I thought this info might be of use to others.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #57
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the update and congrats - mind sharing the build details?

I left a vm with my CA to get an update on the performance delivery. If the perf delivery ends up delaying the pickup of the car. ( and doesn't include the factory tour) might forgo it and look to do a per delivery next year when my 335is lease is up. Ill post an update once I hear back from my CA - possibly Dennis has some more intel regarding the hold situation on the f15s.
      09-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #58
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update and congrats - mind sharing the build details?

I left a vm with my CA to get an update on the performance delivery. If the perf delivery ends up delaying the pickup of the car. ( and doesn't include the factory tour) might forgo it and look to do a per delivery next year when my 335is lease is up. Ill post an update once I hear back from my CA - possibly Dennis has some more intel regarding the hold situation on the f15s.
Please let us know what you hear. My X5 just finished production. I'm also listed for PCD but can't schedule a date because of the hold on all vehicles. I may also switch over to local delivery if I can't lock in a date for PCD soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #59
okiekids
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i

I spoke with my dealer a little while ago. Interestingly, their system is showing something a little different than what I got from the 800 number. The 800 number said "released to carrier". When the dealer looks up my production #, it just shows "Received at VPC". However, it does show a ship date of 10/10 and dealer delivery of 10/13. It also shows who the carrier will be despite "released to carrier" not being highlighted yet on their system.

Per request, here is my build:
50i - MSport
Mineral White - Ivory/Black Dakota Leather
Fineline oak
20 inch wheel
Cold Weather
Executive Package
4-zone climate
3rd Row
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #60
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiekids View Post
I spoke with my dealer a little while ago. Interestingly, their system is showing something a little different than what I got from the 800 number. The 800 number said "released to carrier". When the dealer looks up my production #, it just shows "Received at VPC". However, it does show a ship date of 10/10 and dealer delivery of 10/13. It also shows who the carrier will be despite "released to carrier" not being highlighted yet on their system.
Interesting. We may have the situation where our cars are sitting at our local dealers, but we won't be able to buy them until BMW "releases" them.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #61
ckortane
First Lieutenant
Rep

Just received an email from the PDC regarding not being able to provide a date as of yet until the holds are lifted when EPA/CARB is approved.

As in an earlier post we see that those have been approved - so its a bit frustrating that we "customers" are not receiving consistent information from BMW.

I just received the same email about EPA/CARB hold that was posted a few weeks ago...the wait continues with no updates to share at this point.

My X5 50i completed production today at least - and joins everyone else's X5 in the holding lot
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 05:46 AM   #62
iBMWX5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35i

Delivery Dates

The Germany US military program is running the same. I have one on order but it is not being accepted by BMW NA yet. It makes sense what some of you have been posting regarding getting rid of the old E70s. I can't wait to get this beast.

- Sparkling Brown/Ivory/Black
- XLine
- Fineline Pure Wood
- Cold Weather; Driver Assistance; Premium Package
- Active Steering
- 3rd Row and 4 Zone automatic climate control
- Ceramic controls; rear window shades and surround view.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #63
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBMWX5 View Post
The Germany US military program is running the same. I have one on order but it is not being accepted by BMW NA yet. It makes sense what some of you have been posting regarding getting rid of the old E70s. I can't wait to get this beast.

- Sparkling Brown/Ivory/Black
- XLine
- Fineline Pure Wood
- Cold Weather; Driver Assistance; Premium Package
- Active Steering
- 3rd Row and 4 Zone automatic climate control
- Ceramic controls; rear window shades and surround view.
My order status is same as yours. I am still waiting for production number.

Also, my order is identical to yours except interior color. Mine is Canberra beige.
I have two young kids and thought beige would be better option over ivory w/b. I don't like darker color interiors.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #64
iBMWX5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerx5 View Post
My order status is same as yours. I am still waiting for production number.

Also, my order is identical to yours except interior color. Mine is Canberra beige.
I have two young kids and thought beige would be better option over ivory w/b. I don't like darker color interiors.
Great TASTE, newbimmerx5. Let me know if you get any update on your production number. I'll do the same on my end.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #65
dn325ci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW 325Ci

We're also thinking Sparkling Brown/Canberra probably on a 35d. Why are you guys checking active steering? Why not active damper control? I'm thinking I prefer more ride control than steering control, but I'm not clear on the benefits.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #66
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn325ci View Post
We're also thinking Sparkling Brown/Canberra probably on a 35d. Why are you guys checking active steering? Why not active damper control? I'm thinking I prefer more ride control than steering control, but I'm not clear on the benefits.
I may have chosen Active steering on E70 but not on F15. The new model comes with electric steering and i think it's enough for easy steering.
Appreciate 0