BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
Ray knight
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB F85 X5M

Auto stop/start on 35D and coasting

I think the diesel motor is too rough starting and stopping. Its super annoying to use the auto stop/start. I use it on my M5 and my other gas Bimmers and its smooth and pretty seamless. On the 35d its really irritating. Am i alone here? Also the coasting feature on eco pro is a great idea but as soon as you touch the gas it shifts to gear and makes engine braking and almost feels like you are feathering the brakes for a second. Very annoying. I disabled that too.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
Mathme
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X530d

I found the start/stop on the 35d to be MUCH better than on our X1 xDrive 28i. I've gotten to the point where most of the time I just let it do its thing and I don't find the start/stop too annoying.

The coasting is also nice in EcoPro but yes, it does come back on and holds a gear if you touch the accelerator. I haven't noticed the brake being applied though
Appreciate 0