BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-03-2016, 03:03 AM   #2531
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyxy View Post
I coded 2VB into my FA but it has not picked up the Tpms. It says "measuring tire pressure" but doesn't give me anything else, even after driving around for a bit.

Do I need to VO code a particular cafd Oreo I need to add anything else?

Thanks.
Which ECU's did you VO Code? There are TPMS FDL's in DSC, BDC, KOMBI, and HU_NBT.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 05:34 AM   #2532
Stinkyxy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto
Quote:
I coded 2VB into my FA but it has not picked up the Tpms. It says "measuring tire pressure" but doesn't give me anything else, even after driving around for a bit.

Do I need to VO code a particular cafd Oreo I need to add anything else?

Thanks.
Which ECU's did you VO Code? There are TPMS FDL's in DSC, BDC, KOMBI, and HU_NBT.
I VO Coded KOMBI and HU_NBT but not the others.
Which ECU's did you VO Code? I can try to VO code DSC and BDC as well to see if that works.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 12:42 PM   #2533
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
I VO Coded KOMBI and HU_NBT but not the others.
Which ECU's did you VO Code? I can try to VO code DSC and BDC as well to see if that works.
Thanks.
Once you do this, make sure you drive for a while. Some older F15s (mine is 2014) take longer to reset than others. Once the tires turn green, that is a good sign. You just have to drive for quite some time. They will eventually reset.
      07-03-2016, 03:03 PM   #2534
Stinkyxy
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for everyone's help. It worked once I VO coded DSC and BDC. Once I started driving I saw the %s increase, tires turned green and about 2min later tire pressure and temperature show up.

For those that don't have TPMS and want to code it (Canada) - add 2VB to FA and VO code DSC, BDC, KOMBI, and HU_NBT.

I am not sure if all of them are needed but at least this is the combo that worked for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 03:22 PM   #2535
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Thanks for everyone's help. It worked once I VO coded DSC and BDC. Once I started driving I saw the %s increase, tires turned green and about 2min later tire pressure and temperature show up.

For those that don't have TPMS and want to code it (Canada) - add 2VB to FA and VO code DSC, BDC, KOMBI, and HU_NBT.

I am not sure if all of them are needed but at least this is the combo that worked for me.
You are welcome. Just FYI, you can always use TokenMaster's NCD / CAFD Tool (SVT-CAFD resource) to give you idea of FDL changes from VO coding FA addition:

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #2536
Stinkyxy
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto
Quote:

You are welcome. Just FYI, you can always use TokenMaster's NCD / CAFD Tool (SVT-CAFD resource) to give you idea of FDL changes from VO coding FA addition:

That's awesome.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #2537
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
Is it possible to activate sports mode when shifting the gearbox handle to M/S. Now I have to push the driving mode button (which is not always easy to find without looking), and switch the gearbox handle. What's the difference anyway? M/S changes the gearbox, but sports driving mode changes the gearbox and suspension right?
I haven't looked in a while, so I can't reference the exact code, but there is a code in icm that suggests it would couple the gear selector with sport mode. But I never did try it out, I can test it in a few days when I get back.
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #2538
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is LM Blue

M/S changing the gear box to higher shift points or manual mode. Sports button changes throttle response n suspension if u have optional extras.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 11:16 AM   #2539
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
I haven't looked in a while, so I can't reference the exact code, but there is a code in icm that suggests it would couple the gear selector with sport mode. But I never did try it out, I can test it in a few days when I get back.
That would be exactly what I'm looking for!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 04:34 PM   #2540
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That would be exactly what I'm looking for!
I messed with it for a bit today, but not getting the results I expected.

The codes I am looking at are below. They are both in ICM and BDC body. I will look into it more later today.

FesGwsKopplung
FesGwsSportMode
FesGwsStdMode
FesGwsControl
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2016, 09:44 PM   #2541
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

For those of you discussing the shift lever and sport mode, you need to read this thread: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...1017977&page=2. RPM90 explained it as such:
"For my part I'm not guessing, I'm going from experience and reading tech info on how ZF designed this trans.
It's a very high tech torque converter trans. The best AT I've ever driven, and I'm an MT driver who got caught up in the high tech-ness of it all.
But I think my next BMW will be back to MT.

Regarding the trans and shift lever position, we've covered what it does.
What you are experiencing is how it is designed to work.
In any driver mode, moving the lever to the left puts the trans in DS mode, which is sport mode for the trans shift programming, where it holds gear longer waiting to shift at higher rpm for better acceleration, because you're accelerating in the lower gear longer.

Anytime you select DS by moving the lever over the trans will drop one gear, because it thinks you want faster/sportier acceleration.

If you are in sport mode, with chassis+drivetrain selected, keeping the lever in the normal right side position also puts the trans in "sport" mode, meaning it will hold gear longer.
Moving the DS mode will drop a gear, but will retain the sport shift programming. IOW, when in sport mode the trans shift program is the same whether the lever is in standard position or the the left/DS position.
Even though it downshifts 1 gear it will still upshift fairly quickly to where it was and then continue to shift under the same programming.

You can test that by keeping the throttle steady while in the standard lever position, then move it to the left/DS position, it'll downshift 1 gear but as lnog as you don't push the throttle for acceleration the trans will shift back up.
It's an odd thing that BMW thought would be cool I guess.
You can get the same effect by leaving the lever in default position and pressing on the throttle to activate a downshift like for passing.

You may have discovered this already, if you press the throttle down it will down shift a gear. But if you push ALL the way down past that little resistance point, it will activate a multi gear downshift for RIGHT NOW passing."

Now...if you want to code your vehicle to begin in Sport Mode, djsaad1 tested this earlier for a few modes. It's somewhere in this thread. Mine is currently coded to do this whenever the car shuts down in Sport mode. It will turn on in Sport mode.
      07-04-2016, 10:01 PM   #2542
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

Nice write up Opasha. Below is djsaad1's post on the last driver's mode memory code.

Quote:
I posted this in the other forum but I guess this is actually a better place to get f15 testing done.

Quote:
I got frustrated with getting the glare free lights to work on my F06, so I took a break and decided to start coding my wifes F15.

Just browsing through ICM and BDC body I noticed there are a few codes for FES. FES is the switch that controls comfort mode, sport mode, etc.

In ICM 300A DSC ICM CODIERDATEN you will see a bunch of fes codes towards the bottom. I haven't had much time to test today, and I have a busy week so I figured I would post this here if anyone else wants to mess around and see what they could find. You can also find these same codes in BDC body, although I am yet to see the BDC body ones do anything.

So far having sport mode always on seems to work. As in if you turn the car off in sport mode it will turn back on in sport mode as well. You can also add Comfort+ but I haven't driven with it yet, so I am not sure it really does anything.

Sport mode is Mode4. So if you turn on fesallowmode4lastfunction and then use werte FF in feslastfunctioninterval, your car should stay in sport mode as long as you don't change it to something else. So far I have tested the car being off for an hour and it turned back on in sport mode. So it seems like FF is working fine. But a better test would be to leave the car off overnight and see the result. This so far does not work for Sport+, and I have a feeling it won't be able to work for sport+.

Comfort+ is Mode3, turning on fesmode3 turns on comfort+. It wont display in the drop down menu, but will display otherwise. When I get more time I will look through Kombi to see if you can add it to the drop down menu.
Appreciate 2
      07-05-2016, 07:03 AM   #2543
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
I messed with it for a bit today, but not getting the results I expected.

The codes I am looking at are below. They are both in ICM and BDC body. I will look into it more later today.

FesGwsKopplung
FesGwsSportMode
FesGwsStdMode
FesGwsControl
Very nice! If it works, we can add this to the cheat sheet.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 01:29 PM   #2544
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

I've checked both modules. Values (default) are the same. You've got any idea what "fes" and "gws" stands for?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 01:47 PM   #2545
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Fes is the rocker switch, gws is the gear lever.

I tried a few combinations but nothing seemed to change. The descriptions make it seem like that is exactly what it's supposed to do. Now I barely ever drive this car, so I don't really know how it typically feels.

It is possible it is turning on sport mode without actually stating it in the cluster, though I doubt it. I would turn on the codes in icm and see if you feel a difference with chasis. I wouldn't worry about the bdc body codes.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 06:49 PM   #2546
bjcarls
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 Tahoe, 22 R1S, 23 Z07

please send me the latest e-sys and psdzdata for F15. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #2547
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcarls View Post
please send me the latest e-sys and psdzdata for F15. Thank you!
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 08:16 AM   #2548
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

I would like to have my 2016 X5 coded. Can someone do it remotely?
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #2549
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedR8 View Post
I would like to have my 2016 X5 coded. Can someone do it remotely?
I can do it Saturday evening. Send me a PM if that works for you. Make sure you have an ENET cable, software from shawnsheridan, and a laptop with TeamViewer installed.
      07-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #2550
ikheetleon
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Fes is the rocker switch, gws is the gear lever.

I tried a few combinations but nothing seemed to change. The descriptions make it seem like that is exactly what it's supposed to do. Now I barely ever drive this car, so I don't really know how it typically feels.

It is possible it is turning on sport mode without actually stating it in the cluster, though I doubt it. I would turn on the codes in icm and see if you feel a difference with chasis. I wouldn't worry about the bdc body codes.
I've been playing with the settings. As you stated, it's not working. You can notice the difference between D and M/S by the higher rpm (when driving a constant speed). If you switch from comfort to sport, you will also see a higher rpm. But it should also be displayed on the instrument cluster.

I've played with the fesgwscontrol parameter. When set to nicht/nicht, I can no longer switch to sport or sport+ mode. Only comfort or eco can be used, allthough sport and sport+ are both still visible.
I couldn't find any other info on the internet regarding these parameters. How did you find them?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #2551
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I've been playing with the settings. As you stated, it's not working. You can notice the difference between D and M/S by the higher rpm (when driving a constant speed). If you switch from comfort to sport, you will also see a higher rpm. But it should also be displayed on the instrument cluster.

I've played with the fesgwscontrol parameter. When set to nicht/nicht, I can no longer switch to sport or sport+ mode. Only comfort or eco can be used, allthough sport and sport+ are both still visible.
I couldn't find any other info on the internet regarding these parameters. How did you find them?
I noticed them when I was looking at the last function settings. Didn't test them at the time though.

The icm in the f15 has a lot more codes in it, compared to the f10 or f12.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 04:55 PM   #2552
dve009
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 sdrive25d

Good morning all!
If anyone can assist me with a link to the software so I can code my f15 x5 that would be awesome! Thanks in advanced
Appreciate 0