shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
I think it's time for Shawn to develop his own tune. The "SS Chip" or "SS Tune".
I think Chevrolet make take issue with my use of "SS".

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2016, 11:32 AM   #2598
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I think Chevrolet make take issue with my use of "SS".
Yeah I wouldn't want my Bimmer to be mistaken for a Chevy either.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 10:51 PM   #2599
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is LM Blue

Is there a code to change to turn off the fog lights as cornering lights. Planning to install HIDs into the fog light and don't want it to be turning on/off constantly with the turn of the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 11:32 PM   #2600
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
Is there a code to change to turn off the fog lights as cornering lights. Planning to install HIDs into the fog light and don't want it to be turning on/off constantly with the turn of the steering wheel.
There are a few codes. I haven't seen anyone test them on our F15s, but I'm happy to help you figure this out.

This is what they are in the F30 coding:

3062 MAPPING_abbiegel_L_output -> nsw_l : Foglight when turning
3062 Mapping_abbiegel_R_output -> nsw_r : Foglight when turning
3066 KL_ENABLE_RE -> KL_Ein : Foglight when turning
3066 KL_ENABLE_LI -> KL_Ein : Foglight when turning
3073 C_CLC_ENA -> enable : Foglight when turning
3073 C_BLC_ENA -> enable : Foglight when turning

Someone else disabled them on their F30 because they wanted to put in HIDs just like you and coded this successfully (the two lines mentioned above):

"On F30 i deactivated in FEM
MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_L_OUTPUT off = 00
MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_R_OUTPUT off = 00"

They will be in BDC_Body for us.

Actually, I'll go test them right now. I think they are awkward when I have my fogs off and turn. I always use my fogs at night for better peripheral clarity (some may disagree and hate me for this, but our fogs do provide better ground and lower peripheral lighting).
      07-16-2016, 11:47 PM   #2601
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep

Thanks for the code, I'm just preparing everything right now before I actually buy and install them. Thanks for testing!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 11:50 PM   #2602
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
Thanks for the code, I'm just preparing everything right now before I actually buy and install them. Thanks for testing!
You are most welcome . I'll report back shortly. Going down to code it in a few after I find something more concrete on the follow me home coding (the lights that stay on to give you visibility as you walk away from your vehicle) via keyfob. A few members have asked about it.
      07-17-2016, 01:53 AM   #2603
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

TOPEC, I tested the following:

CORNERING LIGHTS OFF: SUCCESS (I've updated the cheat sheet with this) - they no longer turn on with indicator on all light options of the knob . Just do the following:

MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_L_OUTPUT - change to off
MAPPING_ABBIEGEL_R_OUTPUT - change to off

FOGS ON WITH WELCOME LIGHTS:

I changed the werte value to 02 before (this was my last setting for a few weeks and did nothing), and tonight I changed it to 10 (I tested this before but it did nothing, so I thought to try it once more).

MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_L_PART_OF - I changed to Werte=10
MAPPING_NEBELSCHW_R_PART_OF - I changed to Werte=10

FOLLOW ME HOME LIGHTS WITH 4TH BUTTON:

RC_DEFAULT_IDG_4TH_BUTTON_SHORT - I changed to Werte=04

RC_DEFAULT_IDG_4TH_BUTTON_MEDIUM - I changed to Werte=04

The last two did nothing instantly, so I will see how they work tomorrow. I have a feeling they will not work. I've looked all over for these two codes and have not found anything up to date or conclusive. Anyone else who has tested the functions of the remote, follow me home, or fog lights, please do let us know if you find anything of importance. Thank you .

UPDATE: The last two codes do NOTHING. Back to the drawing board .

Last edited by opasha; 07-17-2016 at 11:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:26 AM   #2604
shrub
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

I just VO coded BDC_BODY, FLA, both TMS, both LHM, DSC, KOMBI and HU_NBT on my new to me 2014 X5 50i for GFHB and TPMS and then redid all my FDL coding for the HU_NBT, BDC_BODY, and KOMBI ECUs that were set back to defaults. I went out for a drive last night and the GFHB seems to be working. Tunnel created and they dance around when oncoming vehicles approach and also turn off completely if there is too much traffic. Do I need to push the HBA assist button on the stalk every time I want to enable this? Is there a way to turn it on by default? Either way, it's pretty cool. Thanks to opasha and the rest of the team for getting this figured out.

However, I'm having 2 issues.

1) The TPMS keeps throwing an error. "System enable to detect tire pressure loss". I tried resetting it and it will go to 1,2% after driving around a bit and then throw that error again. The tires are never green. I did some searching and I believe this might be because I have a Canadian spec car. It seems like Canadian bmws only have FTM and not TPMS. Is this true? Does that mean I won't be able to get this to work?

I did FDL code HU_HBT and changed the function from druck to druck_und_temperatur so I think I did everything correctly.

2) When I set the cruise control the value at the bottom of the speedo is in KPH not in MPH. The icon in the HUD has the cruise setting in MPH. I believe this also might have something to do with my car being a Canadian spec car. The cluster was replaced from a KPH cluster to a MPH cluster (unfortunately not the 6WB one). I'm guessing when I VO coded the KOMBI it flipped something back to KPH. Any idea what function I need to set to get this back to MPH.

Thanks again!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #2605
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Question for Opasha or Shawn.

Is the software to code the same between all F chassis cars? My buddy wants me to code his F80 M3 built around the same time my F85 was and I was able to code my own car.

For my car i select F25 in the program. What do i choose for the F80? F80 or something different?

Thanks,
Alan

Last edited by Alan l.; 07-21-2016 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 11:20 AM   #2606
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Question for Opasha or Shawn.

Is the software to code the same between all F chassis cars? My buddy wants me to code his F80 M3 built around the same time my F85 was and I was able to code my own car.

For my car i select F25 in the program. What do i choose for the F80? F80 or something different?

Thanks,
Alan
It is same.

For F80:

E-Sys Launcher Car Series = F080
E-Sys ConnectionTarget = F020

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 07-21-2016 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #2607
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep

does anyone know if it is possible to code headlights to act differently? on HID headlights, the inner light closest to the grille isnt used, but it seems like a full on projector housing. is it possible to code this to be used as let's say, cornering lights or come on when in reverse instead of using the fog lights to do this job? i know on e9X that does not have fog lights the inner lights does this job.

07-21-2016, 09:09 PM   #2608
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrub View Post
...Do I need to push the HBA assist button on the stalk every time I want to enable this? Is there a way to turn it on by default?
1) The TPMS keeps throwing an error. "System enable to detect tire pressure loss". I tried resetting it and it will go to 1,2% after driving around a bit and then throw that error again. The tires are never green. I did some searching and I believe this might be because I have a Canadian spec car. It seems like Canadian bmws only have FTM and not TPMS. Is this true? Does that mean I won't be able to get this to work?

I did FDL code HU_HBT and changed the function from druck to druck_und_temperatur so I think I did everything correctly.
2) When I set the cruise control the value at the bottom of the speedo is in KPH not in MPH. The icon in the HUD has the cruise setting in MPH. I believe this also might have something to do with my car being a Canadian spec car. The cluster was replaced from a KPH cluster to a MPH cluster (unfortunately not the 6WB one). I'm guessing when I VO coded the KOMBI it flipped something back to KPH. Any idea what function I need to set to get this back to MPH.
Thanks again!!!
In F10 FRM module, there is FLA_AUTO_AKTIV = aktiv, that will set HBA On by default. I do not know if F15 has same or equivalent code in its BDC_BODY module or not.

As for TPMS, I don't know if you have RDC or TPMS. Do you have RDC module in SVT? If not, then you have only FTM, and you cannot FDL Code TPMS values on NBT.

As for CC in KPH, do you have in your FA Option 548 Kilometer-calibrated speedometer?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:21 PM   #2609
Stinkyxy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan
Quote:
...Do I need to push the HBA assist button on the stalk every time I want to enable this? Is there a way to turn it on by default?

In F10 FRM module, there is FLA_AUTO_AKTIV = aktiv, that will set HBA On by default. I do not know if F15 has same or equivalent code in its BDC_BODY module or not.

As for TPMS, I don't know if you have RDC or TPMS. Do you have RDC module in SVT? If not, then you have only FTM, and you cannot FDL Code TPMS values on NBT.

As for CC in KPH, do you have in your FA Option 548 Kilometer-calibrated speedometer?
I have a canadian spec X5 35i MY16 and coded Tpms to work.

I added 2VB to FA and VO code DSC, BDC, KOMBI, and HU_NBT.

I then coded RDC_DRUCK_TEMP in HU_NBT to druck_und_temperatur.

Drove around the block and voila - it worked. I am not sure on all of the combos are needed but this worked for me.

Note, I added 6NS and removed 8S4 but I don't this had anything to do with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:40 PM   #2610
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
i was told they have different modules and on f15/f16 this is not a possible option to enable automatically. if anyone has been able to figure out how please post.

also interested in having the rings at full light output with the headlights on while having full euro hba active/enabled.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:55 PM   #2611
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
i was told they have different modules and on f15/f16 this is not a possible option to enable automatically. if anyone has been able to figure out how please post.
Yes, I listed both modules in my post, FRM in F10 vs. BDC_BODY in F15.

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:57 PM   #2612
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

i got that but curious if anyone found a line a code that is similar that will activate it automatically.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:12 PM   #2613
shrub
Rep

Quote:

I searched a bit in BDC_BODY and couldn't find a code close to FLA_AUTO_AKTIV. However, I just started this coding journey so I'm not really sure what to look for.

I confirmed I only have FTM. After some more searching I found that you can tell by the stem. Plastic/rubber means you have FTM. Metal is TPMS. I have a rubber stem. Stinkyxy Can you confirm if you have metal stems? I coded everything just as you wrote and got the errors.

As for the CC in KPH, yes I have FA option 548. The speedo has the accurate MPH reading as does everything else. It's only the CC setting.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:21 PM   #2614
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I searched a bit in BDC_BODY and couldn't find a code close to FLA_AUTO_AKTIV. However, I just started this coding journey so I'm not really sure what to look for.

I confirmed I only have FTM. After some more searching I found that you can tell by the stem. Plastic/rubber means you have FTM. Metal is TPMS. I have a rubber stem. Stinkyxy Can you confirm if you have metal stems? I coded everything just as you wrote and got the errors.

As for the CC in KPH, yes I have FA option 548. The speedo has the accurate MPH reading as does everything else. It's only the CC setting.
FTM had no wheel sensors, and works on Tire Rotational Speed, so you cannot have Tire Pressure and Temp readings.

My understanding is as long as you have 548 in FA, you will get kph, and that woukd explain why VO Coding your Kombi caused it to revert to kph.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 10:30 PM   #2615
shrub
Rep

So I just need to remove 548 and re vo code the kombi and it should work?

The CC setting in MPH worked before I VO coded kombi to try to get the tpms to work and since I didn't do anything to the 548 value I don't understand why removing would get it to work again.

Willing to try anything. All part of the learning experience. Just want to make sure I don't do anything to damage the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 12:51 AM   #2616
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So I just need to remove 548 and re vo code the kombi and it should work?

The CC setting in MPH worked before I VO coded kombi to try to get the tpms to work and since I didn't do anything to the 548 value I don't understand why removing would get it to work again.

Willing to try anything. All part of the learning experience. Just want to make sure I don't do anything to damage the car.
You can't damage a car coding it. Whatever you change via coding, you can always chnage it back to its original coding.

You say it was working before you VO coded, and was not afterwards. So, the change in behavior comes from FA without question. If this Kombi is retrofitted, and came from car without 548, then it would explain why applying your FA to it now would cause the chnage. Even though you did not do anything specifically with 548, it is in your FA, and it is likely the first time your Kombi is being coded for it, as the FA of car it came from likely did not have 548.

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 01:27 AM   #2617
henry.xiao
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

guys,
The white route line in navigation is very hard to follow.
And it blends in with the streets. Is there a way to change the color through coding?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 03:51 AM   #2618
Stinkyxy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrub
Quote:

I installed the Tpms sensors on my summer tires (will do the same on my winter tires too). My apologies for leaving out that step, I assumed that you have the sensors installed.
Appreciate 0