BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-22-2023, 06:09 PM   #1
MaverikDS
Rep
Drives: 14 X5 35d; 16 GLE 300d

Rear heated seat turning off

I’ve tried searching the forum and see this seems like a common issue for 2020’s but on my 14 just the passenger rear heated seat won’t work. If you turn the seat heater on the lights all turn on for a second and then shut off. In the newer ones it’s usually a fried wire and then I assume a safety shut off not allowing it to turn on. Any ideas what to check for on the F15’s though? I’m not particularly keen on going to the shop and having them spend hours diagnosing and then telling me I need thousands of dollars in new parts to get a rear heated seat to work again but also would like that option available to my rear passengers when I have them. The drivers side works like normal. Both fronts are working normal as well. I haven’t looked for any stored codes as I need to retrieve my OBDII from my buddy who’s borrowing it but I will see if there are any stored codes in the next couple of days, we just have the MIL visiting so I told whoever is in the back to now sit behind the driver lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 06:20 PM   #2
stocktree
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5

Pull up the rear seat cushion, but not too high, or you'll yank the wires. . You'll see the wiring connector underneath for the seat heater.
Appreciate 0