m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
I found this by coincidence now...

http://<div class="youtube-playerCon.../iframe></div>" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://<div class="y...ame></div></a>

I had noooo idea at all that BMW has Halogens available on the X5! This is soooooo "Old Fashioned"

Thoughts?

P.S. Sorry for the bad quality pics

Edit: They weren't even available on the E70 and they make it available on the F15!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 01:27 PM   #2
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Good catch. But in some markets vehicles are less equipped standard than what we see and reprieve from marketing and sales.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J
Good catch. But in some markets vehicles are less equipped standard than what we see and reprieve from marketing and sales.
True, here in Qatar, my Dealer gets Adaptive LEDs standard on ALL models (or Xenon in the case of certain BMW Series' which don't have LEDs available) add to that, it isn't available on the configurator... Kinda shady isn't it lol
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 01:35 PM   #4
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_alnimah
Quote:
True, here in Qatar, my Dealer gets Adaptive LEDs standard on ALL models (or Xenon in the case of certain BMW Series' which don't have LEDs available) add to that, it isn't available on the configurator... Kinda shady isn't it lol
Exactly as in that region if you have the money for a BMW you have the money for the whole kit. Correct me if I'm wrong. Which that's how I feel like cars should come. Fully equipped on high end brands. But profits speak.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #5
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_alnimah
Quote:
Exactly as in that region if you have the money for a BMW you have the money for the whole kit. Correct me if I'm wrong. Which that's how I feel like cars should come. Fully equipped on high end brands. But profits speak.
True! Also depends on what the general public can afford, so if its a low income country then cars won't be thaaat equipped, but if you take a closer look you can notice it has ACC, so why ACC but not Xenons/LEDs?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 01:59 PM   #6
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

here in USA the LEDs are dumbed down and are not adaptive (local laws) so the Xenons are a good alternative as they put out as much as or more light than the LEDs
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 02:16 PM   #7
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbender View Post
here in USA the LEDs are dumbed down and are not adaptive (local laws) so the Xenons are a good alternative as they put out as much as or more light than the LEDs
I have to disagree slightly on the light output. I've compared my LED lights with another F15 with Xenons and it is pretty clear that the LED is several times brighter than the the standard xenons. The throw of the beam is longer too.

Also keep in mind that our lights are adaptive but not anti dazzled like the European versions. Adpative meaning the headlights turn in with the directions of your steering along with adaptive high beam lights if you have that option.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 02:33 PM   #8
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbender View Post
I have to disagree slightly on the light output. I've compared my LED lights with another F15 with Xenons and it is pretty clear that the LED is several times brighter than the the standard xenons. The throw of the beam is longer too.

Also keep in mind that our lights are adaptive but not anti dazzled like the European versions. Adpative meaning the headlights turn in with the directions of your steering along with adaptive high beam lights if you have that option.
Only thing is i believe is that the left light wont go all the way down and to the left at low speeds to prevent dazzling other drivers right?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 02:34 PM   #9
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbender
You gotta admit though, LEDs do make the car look GOOOOOOOD
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 03:22 PM   #10
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Now that a coding solution is available for the anti-dazzle of the US spec LEDs i wish I ordering them. I sold a 2007 Volvo XC70 so needless to say I am very happy with the upgrade from halognes (stone age) even if I only have Xenons
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:41 PM   #11
Kessler35is
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 50i, 2016 E89 35is

Garage List
2016 Z4 35is  [0.00]
2015 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post

I agree, my E70 had great headlights or so I thought until I got my F15 with LED's. Wow these are the brightest lights I have ever seen on the road.

If you are unsure, get someone to drive your LED equipped X5 while you drive something else and follow them at night and see how much light these LED's put off.
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2015, 03:29 PM   #12
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler35is
Quote:

I agree, my E70 had great headlights or so I thought until I got my F15 with LED's. Wow these are the brightest lights I have ever seen on the road.

If you are unsure, get someone to drive your LED equipped X5 while you drive something else and follow them at night and see how much light these LED's put off.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #13
Chem14
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Quote:

Xenons are adaptive as well. And with VLD coding you get more functionality. However can't code to the extent that LEDs can be coded.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 07:32 PM   #14
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Yes, I knew that the Xenons are adaptive as well, I was just responding to Wjbender about LED were dumbed down and not adaptive but I'm pretty sure he meant anti-dazzle instead.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 11:01 AM   #15
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

There has to be a huge reason for me to ever go back to Xenons. Once you drive LEDs you realize what you've been missing. The markers, road signs, lane dividers, the little reflector on a headphone that guy is wearing when he is running all shine back like never before. Not to mention the LED turn signals, so bright and distinctive. The next best thing is LED aftermarket signals that opasha did a write up on (requires coding).
      05-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #16
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde
There has to be a huge reason for me to ever go back to Xenons. Once you drive LEDs you realize what you've been missing. The markers, road signs, lane dividers, the little reflector on a headphone that guy is wearing when he is running all shine back like never before. Not to mention the LED turn signals, so bright and distinctive. The next best thing is LED aftermarket signals that opasha did a write up on (requires coding).
Agreed! I don't even like Xenons anymore! Add to that th high beams, scares the s^^^ outta drivers
Appreciate 0