BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #1
ccorodan
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40d F15

VIN decoding

Hi,

almost three months after ordering my car, I finally got my VIN number and bmwvin.com identified my car's manufacturing day as 11.05.2015. Which led to some new questions, which I hope the more knowledgeable of you can answer:
  1. What is the production date on bmwvin.com, is it the date when the VIN was embossed on the body of the car, the production start date, or the production end date?
  2. There is a great post from Jason http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=680467, describing how to track a car on bmwusa.com. Using my VIN I cannot find my car on the website - is this functionality only available for US-bought cars?
  3. The coding of the VIN, explained also in the post mentioned above, does not fit my VIN number. Was there any change in the coding of the VIN? If yes, what is the new meaning of the VIN?

Thanks for sharing your ideas!
Appreciate 0