12-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #24
6605paull
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFlap View Post
I'll post the list once the X5 is gone and my lease agreement is formally cancelled. Don't want to do anything to jeopardise the arrangement with leasing co. & BMW.

I've managed to arrange a 6 month hire deal for a brand new Discovery HSE so at least I'll be ok if it snows at Christmas!
Interesting I have always wondered how far wrong things have to go before you can get a lease formally cancelled. The inland revenue will luv you for the Disco lease . Good luck and sorry to hear of your hassle, you must be very disappointed given the F15 anticipation, wait etc
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #25
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Land Rover really needs to get its act together and learn a thing or two about interior design and technology from its sibling company (Jaguar):

Nonetheless, good luck with your Land Rover CatFlap . I hope you don't have any issues the way you did with your X5. Thank you for being a part of this forum and contributing your coding knowledge .
      12-15-2014, 09:11 PM   #26
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Land Rover really needs to get its act together and learn a thing or two about interior design and technology from its sibling company (Jaguar):

Nonetheless, good luck with your Land Rover CatFlap . I hope you don't have any issues the way you did with your X5. Thank you for being a part of this forum and contributing your coding knowledge .
That's some cool stuff, the new discovery is meantto have some type of transparent bonnet, not bad from a third world company, still would never buy one due to their legendary non reliability.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 09:14 PM   #27
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4guy View Post
That's some cool stuff, the new discovery is meantto have some type of transparent bonnet, not bad from a third world company, still would never buy one due to their legendary non reliability.
Agreed, but at least Land Rover should catch up. Their interior lags far behind BMW and Mercedes.
      12-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #28
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Agreed, but at least Land Rover should catch up. Their interior lags far behind BMW and Mercedes.
My LR Discovery loan car has arrived... It's brand new with only 50 miles on the clock. It certainly lack the dynamics of the X5 and the interior is relatively old-fashioned looking. The sat nav screen is very small and low-res, the reversing camera is pretty poor compared with the BMW's. Fuel economy will never match the X5.

The good news is that there are no rattles, no squeaks the heated seats are good and the SDV6 diesel engine sounds way better than the BMW in-line 6 - really throaty and no clatter whatsover. Even though the Discovery is way heavier than the BMW it still goes really well - not that you'd want to push it too hard since it feels like it might easily topple over!

Got the order for my new car placed - delivery August 2015!

Need to undo the coding mods done to the X5 now!
      12-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #29
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6605paull View Post
Interesting I have always wondered how far wrong things have to go before you can get a lease formally cancelled. The inland revenue will luv you for the Disco lease . Good luck and sorry to hear of your hassle, you must be very disappointed given the F15 anticipation, wait etc
Yes I'm disappointed the X5 was a bit of a let down! My company is renting the Disco and, since we have other cars, I've no plans to use it 'personally'!

Just goes to show if you can build up a robust case the manufacturers have no choice but to accept the inevitable and take it back.

It seems the X5 is going straight to auction BTW - probably be back on a BMW forecourt pretty soon!
      12-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #30
FalconFlyer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6

Yea... good luck with the Land Rover... We have both a Land Rover umm... Ranger Rover.. well what ever.. and a Jaguar, talk about technology back in the 1980, their Nav screen and backup screen reminds me of something from my first Atari. And as far as no rattles and squeaks good luck with that too, both of ours have been back countless times for those issues.. All of these cars have these issues (my new X5 had a rattle too). Funny thing is my most trouble free car thus far has been my new SRT Viper.. go figure.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 07:53 AM   #31
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Yes I'm disappointed the X5 was a bit of a let down! My company is renting the Disco and, since we have other cars, I've no plans to use it 'personally'!

Just goes to show if you can build up a robust case the manufacturers have no choice but to accept the inevitable and take it back.

It seems the X5 is going straight to auction BTW - probably be back on a BMW forecourt pretty soon!
@CatFlap, From the change to your forum signature I assume your F15 has gone now.

Would you be so kind as to fill us in on the large list of issues you experienced.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 04:17 PM   #32
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

X5 is a distant memory...Discovery still running (lol) with no problems so far! Couldn't bring myself to buy the Volvo and the Porsche waiting time too long.
I've managed to finally overcome my car choice dilemma; bought a fully loaded Audi SQ5 (313PS TDi) immediately after driving it (wow) should be here in about a month.

Hope you guys are still happy with your X5's - all the best.
      01-28-2015, 04:36 PM   #33
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
X5 is a distant memory...Discovery still running (lol) with no problems so far! Couldn't bring myself to buy the Volvo and the Porsche waiting time too long.
I've managed to finally overcome my car choice dilemma; bought a fully loaded Audi SQ5 (313PS TDi) immediately after driving it (wow) should be here in about a month.

We'll miss you here.

re: new wheels. Nice choice.

come back and write up a comparative review when you get a chance.
      01-28-2015, 04:41 PM   #34
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
We'll miss you here.

re: new wheels. Nice choice.

come back and write up a comparative review when you get a chance.
Thanks for the kind words, will do!
      01-29-2015, 03:59 AM   #35
Babs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I recently test drove a fully loaded SQ5 when my wife was in the market for a new car. We both loved it's driving dynamics (insane power) and the interior (instrument panel and dash) was okay but still looked very much like her 5 year old A4. A good choice no doubt, but the interior just feels a bit cramped. She finally decided to go for the ML350. I hope to get the X5 soon and cross my fingers that it will be the most reliable car I will own. All the best with your new car and do post a full review after driving the SQ5 for a few months.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 04:32 AM   #36
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:

CatFlap Going to miss you.
Hope your Audi meets and exceeds your expectations.
Must say, I think the 'Q's are pig ugly cars. Looks like someone has punched 'em in the face and they are showing of their black teeth in some sort of stupid grin
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 05:02 AM   #37
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
CatFlap Going to miss you.
Hope your Audi meets and exceeds your expectations.
Must say, I think the 'Q's are pig ugly cars. Looks like someone has punched 'em in the face and they are showing of their black teeth in some sort of stupid grin
Don't think any of em are particularly pretty - certainly not buying for looks, just want a car that doesn't break and the dealers aren't a bunch of tossers.
      01-29-2015, 05:10 AM   #38
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Don't think any of em are particularly pretty - certainly not buying for looks, just want a car that doesn't break and the dealers aren't a bunch of tossers.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 06:18 AM   #39
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Quote:
I'm still having a boner on RS6 though with carbon styling package That's one sick Audi for sure.

As for SQ5 - all the best to you with it! One thing for sure - it sounds better than diesel F15... I was even considering buying it some time before F15 came into sight, but our local dealer wasn't helpful about the car so I ended up sticking with BMWs
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 10:21 AM   #40
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Sorry, once your car us taken back it would be nice to let's is know the issues you experienced which will be helpful to us.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 10:57 AM   #41
Stano
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5c

Really F15 to SQ5?
Did they Accept to Reject your Balls too?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 11:12 AM   #42
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano View Post
Really F15 to SQ5?
Did they Accept to Reject your Balls too?
^ Either humor I didn't get, or a poor way to discuss a topic. With 11 posts, it is tough gauge which it is.

01-29-2015, 11:22 AM   #43
Stano
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5c

sorry, I guess I need to rack up 600 posts in 6 months for you to understand.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2015, 11:51 AM   #44
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

If you had a car that gave you issue after issue time and time again and the dealer buys it back would you not do the same. It is naturally pick something different.

I had a Land Rover repeated fuel pump issues before break in period. They offered me to exchange it with a brand new model change. Of course I refused, I did not want another repeat.
Appreciate 0