BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-19-2015, 10:41 PM   #1
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

BMW Car Care products

Have someone used these BMW Car care products? What's the review?

Should I order these for washing, waxing, glass cleaner etc.?

They have two version - Normal and Natural Care products? e.g. Wax, Polish & Glass cleaner. Any preference on one another?

Detail is here

http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocat...22&startrow=28
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 12:50 AM   #2
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S

Yes. In general - BMW branded interior/exterior care products offer great quality. There are other options which offer the same quality for half the price or even less, but you really have to do your research on those. So if $ doesn't bother you that much and you just want a quick/proven solution without spending any time on reading forums/reviews/etc. - go for the BMW ones.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 02:22 AM   #3
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

abhiku Have used all of the BMW Cleaning Products and Autoglym. However, IME the Poodles Private's is definitely Meguiar's.

Buy any of their products and they are a quality item. Especially the Quik Detailer and Ultimate Wash and Wax. You hardly need any, it does an outstanding job AND smells great! Recommended!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 05:18 AM   #4
Wobbles
Second Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F02, F13, F15

OK. I know I'm always learning new stuff at these forums... but, Poodles Private's?

Is that even legal!?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 05:29 AM   #5
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
OK. I know I'm always learning new stuff at these forums... but, Poodles Private's?

Is that even legal!?
PP aka Dogs B*ll*cks!

(English Term)

Last edited by Baunton; 01-20-2015 at 05:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2015, 10:27 AM   #6
NVRfollo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiku View Post
Have someone used these BMW Car care products? What's the review?

Should I order these for washing, waxing, glass cleaner etc.?

They have two version - Normal and Natural Care products? e.g. Wax, Polish & Glass cleaner. Any preference on one another?

Detail is here

http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocat...22&startrow=28
Looking at the products they have, if you do not know the difference between what a wax does and what a polish does, then by all means buy these since it is just overpriced BMW OEM'ed products. If you are looking for quality car care products, you should look at http://www.detailedimage.com/ or http://www.detailersdomain.com/

Both are great sites for products as well as information.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 06:01 PM   #7
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVRfollo View Post
Looking at the products they have, if you do not know the difference between what a wax does and what a polish does, then by all means buy these since it is just overpriced BMW OEM'ed products. If you are looking for quality car care products, you should look at http://www.detailedimage.com/ or http://www.detailersdomain.com/

Both are great sites for products as well as information.
I have used meguiar products in the past, including wax, Polish, quick detailed etc. I still have 2 grit guard for 2 bucket cleaning method.

Any recommendations or the list of products you are using for your X5- so that I don't have to reinvent the wheel
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 12:50 PM   #8
NVRfollo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiku View Post
I have used meguiar products in the past, including wax, Polish, quick detailed etc. I still have 2 grit guard for 2 bucket cleaning method.

Any recommendations or the list of products you are using for your X5- so that I don't have to reinvent the wheel
Since it is my wife's ride, I went the lazy man's route for car care. I had a professional do: a 1 step paint correction; wrap the full hood, front, fenders, rocker panels, and rear bumper; then finish off everything with Opti-Coat. This should reduce my yearly car care down to car washes and some sealant twice a a year.

Most quick detailers will do the job for removing the occasional bird crap and what not. I make my own quick detailer with ONR, water, and a spray bottle. I also use this mix, with a little more ONR, as lubricant for claybarring the car.
For glass, I like the Sonax glass cleaner or Stoners
For shampoo, I like something with a lot of suds since I have a foam gun for presoaks.
For wheels, I use Sonax.
For sealant, I like Blackfire Wet Diamond
For leather, I use Leatherique cleaner and conditioner twice a year.
For interior surfaces, I use 303 Aerospace, cleans and protects without the gloss
For winter months, I do 2 bucket wash with ONR in the garage.
For warmer weather, I like to wet the car, then use foam gun to loosen up some to the dirt, then use pressure washer, then do the 2 bucket wash. Dry with waffle weave microfiber towels. I use my air compressor to get water out of the nooks and crannies.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:18 PM   #9
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Since it is my wife's ride, I went the lazy man's route for car care. I had a professional do: a 1 step paint correction; wrap the full hood, front, fenders, rocker panels, and rear bumper; then finish off everything with Opti-Coat. This should reduce my yearly car care down to car washes and some sealant twice a a year.

Most quick detailers will do the job for removing the occasional bird crap and what not. I make my own quick detailer with ONR, water, and a spray bottle. I also use this mix, with a little more ONR, as lubricant for claybarring the car.
For glass, I like the Sonax glass cleaner or Stoners
For shampoo, I like something with a lot of suds since I have a foam gun for presoaks.
For wheels, I use Sonax.
For sealant, I like Blackfire Wet Diamond
For leather, I use Leatherique cleaner and conditioner twice a year.
For interior surfaces, I use 303 Aerospace, cleans and protects without the gloss
For winter months, I do 2 bucket wash with ONR in the garage.
For warmer weather, I like to wet the car, then use foam gun to loosen up some to the dirt, then use pressure washer, then do the 2 bucket wash. Dry with waffle weave microfiber towels. I use my air compressor to get water out of the nooks and crannies.
What do you use to clean outer plastic parts like wheel arches (in x-line) or unpainted bumper trims? And how about headlights? LED shows every spec of dust like a projector so I try to keep it as clean as possible even if rest of the vehicle is slightly dirty, but I am not sure what is the best product to use.
      01-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #10
NVRfollo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
What do you use to clean outer plastic parts like wheel arches (in x-line) or unpainted bumper trims? And how about headlights? LED shows every spec of dust like a projector so I try to keep it as clean as possible even if rest of the vehicle is slightly dirty, but I am not sure what is the best product to use.
For areas that get a beating from road debris, I like to spray some diluted P21S Total Auto Wash before I start everything.

For the headlights, if I am not washing the car completely, I use glass cleaner.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 01:46 PM   #11
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For areas that get a beating from road debris, I like to spray some diluted P21S Total Auto Wash before I start everything.

For the headlights, if I am not washing the car completely, I use glass cleaner.
Thanks, so you don't use anything special to keep them "black" and resist water/dirt from sticking.

Doesn't Stoner Invisible say don't use on plastic surfaces? I thought I read it somewhere that's why I didn't want to spray it with that stuff. Maybe it's just the one with rain repellent, that's what I got, the purple one.
      01-22-2015, 01:54 PM   #12
NVRfollo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, so you don't use anything special to keep them "black" and resist water/dirt from sticking.

Doesn't Stoner Invisible say don't use on plastic surfaces? I thought I read it somewhere that's why I didn't want to spray it with that stuff. Maybe it's just the one with rain repellent, that's what I got, the purple one.
Hmm not sure about about Stoner's and plastic warning. I do know it is safe on window tint..... so I assume it is safe in this case? I may not care as much either since I have Xpel on the headlights...
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #13
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I may not care as much either since I have Xpel on the headlights...
I see now...

The one I have (with repellent) says don't use it on the inside (possibly due to tint damage).. unless I was reading something and else got them all mixed up. Give me until tonight and I'll check.
      01-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #14
NVRfollo
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I see now...

The one I have (with repellent) says don't use it on the inside (possibly due to tint damage).. unless I was reading something and else got them all mixed up. Give me until tonight and I'll check.
Maybe you are referring to the windshield cleaner with rain repellent

I use Invisible Glass which is tint safe.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 11:19 PM   #15
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Maybe you are referring to the windshield cleaner with rain repellent

I use Invisible Glass which is tint safe.
Nope, it's Stoner and says use for exterior glass only, doesn't mention it's tint safe.
Attached Images

01-23-2015, 08:36 AM   #16
NVRfollo
United_States
Rep

I was referring to the other Stoner's Invisible glass cleaner that comes in the aerosol can.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 09:47 AM   #17
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was referring to the other Stoner's Invisible glass cleaner that comes in the aerosol can.
That's what I thought, also the one in the can is the same thing that comes in a bottle without repellent.

Also I noticed today that headlight sprayer cleans only one of the two lights, I guess they never took LED lights into consideration when designing the sprayer.
      01-31-2015, 11:48 AM   #18
nvars
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

For a wax I use meguiars 105/205 compound. Then once those two steps are done I apply collinite to give it a really good shine and to make water just bead off. For interior I use chemical guys for everything it's a bit pricy but they do have the best products.
Appreciate 0