07-11-2016, 02:37 PM   #23
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdallas View Post
WOW!!!
Ok Mdallas, I see you ordering one in the near future. Pls keep us posted!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 02:45 PM   #24
mdallas
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
Ok Mdallas, I see you ordering one in the near future. Pls keep us posted!
I will keep you posted! I have no dyno near here. My have to rely on some 0-60 0-100 stuff.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 02:51 PM   #25
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Product is now live. Pertinent details can be found at http://www.dinancars.com/product/d44...ries&mid=1210/

If that link doesn't answer all of your questions feel free to ask here if you like. =)
Would like to reconfirming that the gains are (N55): Up to 30 HP, 40 lb-ft of torque on top of the MPPK tune? Is the install similar to Racechip piggyback tunes?

Thanks in advanced.
      07-11-2016, 02:54 PM   #26
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Would like to reconfirming that the gains are (N55): Up to 30 HP, 40 lb-ft of torque on top of the MPPK tune? Is the install similar to Racechip piggyback tunes?

Thanks in advanced.
Thats what I have been told. Similar to other stage 1 tunes but a single sensor hookup instead of 2.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2016, 03:09 PM   #27
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep

Hmmmmm, I see MDallas (Dinan) and Kzang (RC) racing in the near future. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 03:13 PM   #28
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
Hmmmmm, I see MDallas (Dinan) and Kzang (RC) racing in the near future. Lol.
LOL for $300 looks like Dinan is going to be putting Racechip and other tunes out of business.. The only thing is that this tune doesn't offer the factory matching warranty.. not that Racechip did either.
      07-11-2016, 03:56 PM   #29
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep

Isn't there someone in Sacramento we could bribe to get that Carb exemption faster? On another note, if your Elite or Stage 1 was only going for under $1200 I'd be on my way to Morgan Hill right now to get one! Wishful thinking I guess! 😞
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 09:20 AM   #30
mdallas
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thats what I have been told. Similar to other stage 1 tunes but a single sensor hookup instead of 2.

So if I unplug this, can the dealer tell that I have been overboosting?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 09:39 AM   #31
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'll let Dinan answer this but based upon my experience so far with Racechip ( essentially the same type of tune ) dealer has not said a single word after my dealer service visits. So far I've been to the dealer 5 times had an oil change, MPPK Tune install, MPE install, second oil change, and steering column adjustment motor replaced. Each time I've unplugged my tune.

Plus unless the dealer suspects that your car has a tune ( for whatever the reason it may be ) they would not randomly scan your car.

Another thought... if the dealer finds that you had a tune, they would have to prove that the tune is the reason for whatever issues your X5 is having.

With that said.. "Logically" I think I would be more nervous about having a tune in a 3 series than a X5.
      07-13-2016, 10:00 AM   #32
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
I'll let Dinan answer this but based upon my experience so far with Racechip ( essentially the same type of tune ) dealer has not said a single word after my dealer service visits. So far I've been to the dealer 5 times had an oil change, MPPK Tune install, MPE install, second oil change, and steering column adjustment motor replaced. Each time I've unplugged my tune.

Plus unless the dealer suspects that your car has a tune ( for whatever the reason it may be ) they would not randomly scan your car.

Another thought... if the dealer finds that you had a tune, they would have to prove that the tune is the reason for whatever issues your X5 is having.

With that said.. "Logically" I think I would be more nervous about having a tune in a 3 series than a X5.
None of these devices are completely invisible. They all leave bread crumbs that can be deciphered to indicate a tune was on the vehicle. Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying to you. That said, the methods to get down to the information needed to see that level of detail are pretty extensive and the dealership itself with the limited resources on hand most likely will not be able to tell anything if the various devices are removed. The problem comes in on major repairs where PUMA is called in. On anything that's a major warranty claim, engine/tranny/etc, the dealerships are required to have a field technician come out and diagnose (BMW doesn't want to pay a big warranty claim if they can avoid it so these guys are there to ensure its legitimate). These individuals have much more sophisticated tools at their disposal that can dig further into the system to extract data which indicates a tune was used. These are advanced cars after all and equipped with the equivalent of a black box that logs nearly everything the car is doing at all times.

BMW would still, by law, have to prove that the tune is the cause of the failure but the reality is if they choose to deny the claim you would still be the one that would have to start the litigation process to fight that decision. Chances are BMW has deeper pockets so that route isn't pretty...
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #33
mdallas
Private
Rep

Quote:
None of these devices are completely invisible. They all leave bread crumbs that can be deciphered to indicate a tune was on the vehicle. Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying to you. That said, the methods to get down to the information needed to see that level of detail are pretty extensive and the dealership itself with the limited resources on hand most likely will not be able to tell anything if the various devices are removed. The problem comes in on major repairs where PUMA is called in. On anything that's a major warranty claim, engine/tranny/etc, the dealerships are required to have a field technician come out and diagnose (BMW doesn't want to pay a big warranty claim if they can avoid it so these guys are there to ensure its legitimate). These individuals have much more sophisticated tools at their disposal that can dig further into the system to extract data which indicates a tune was used. These are advanced cars after all and equipped with the equivalent of a black box that logs nearly everything the car is doing at all times.

BMW would still, by law, have to prove that the tune is the cause of the failure but the reality is if they choose to deny the claim you would still be the one that would have to start the litigation process to fight that decision. Chances are BMW has deeper pockets so that route isn't pretty...
My Dealer is a Dinan Dealer I'll have them order and install!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 09:15 PM   #34
08bmw128i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M

so if I have MPPK installed, I'll gain an additional 30HP and 40 lb ft of torque??? Is it easy to install?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 10:10 PM   #35
screamace
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5M Competition

Garage List
Since it works on N20, can I use it on X5 40e? The whole hybrid drivetrain is a mystery to me.
Appreciate 0