BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-30-2015, 06:06 PM   #1
kkakonn
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

GTHAUS / Meisterschaft Review

Hi guys,

I am not the type of person to do this but I would like to share my experience. I was hoping to do a review on an exhaust however I will be doing a review on the company since I STILL have no exhaust to show.

I ordered the exhaust December 8th, 2014 from another vendor, Mod Bargains. After speaking to the rep there I was told an ETA of 2-3 weeks for the exhaust. I thought this was good so I went ahead and placed the order, paid for in full. At 3 weeks, my rep followed up with GThaus on the exhaust and to my surprise it wasn't ready yet and was told it would take roughly 4-6 weeks from the original order time. I was a little annoyed but said no problem, its understandable. at 6 weeks we followed up with GThaus again and told it would take another 2 weeks as there is production delays. This is where I started to get angry. After back and forth for the next few weeks we finally arrive to where I am today. Excuse after excuse, first there was an issue with the Y pipe, then production delays, and the list goes on and on. Apparently my mufflers were done a few weeks ago and they were supposed to ship but I never got them. About 2 weeks ago I was told by GTHAUS that there is a definitely shipping deadline of April 28th. Only to my luck I am now told the definitely date is the end of may. So another month. In total I would have waited almost HALF A YEAR for an exhaust I Was originally told 2-3 weeks. This is even more annoying that I am out thousands of dollars for an exhaust I don't have.

I more than likely will be canceling this order and would like to let my fellow forums members about my experience with this company. I constantly see new exhausts being developed on their youtube/social media. Seems like they are more interested in development than filling orders of their customers.
      04-30-2015, 08:56 PM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

kkakonn , I am at the same boat there.
I ordered 1 for my customer. The funny thing is, I got a different excuses. They gave me an excuse on Long Beach port issue that causing the delay.
And until today, I still haven't got any update from the place I order it from or GT Haus.
Not trying to make them looks bad, since they are also one of the vendor in this forum.
My customer even got fed up asking me every other week on the status, he asked the contact person where I bought it from and GT Haus directly.
Apology in advance if I offend someone own or worked at GT Haus read this. But, that is the truth, I thought I was the only 1 but, guess not now.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 09:20 PM   #3
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Aren't they the one that was selling fake "Eisenmann" exhaust?
      04-30-2015, 09:29 PM   #4
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
No comment.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 10:52 PM   #5
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
Yup until they got caught and started selling it under their current name. lol

To the OP I would file a claim with my credit card and tell them to f*ck off. They could have made one from scratch by now after 5 months. Heck some poor dude in China could have made it from scratch and swam over here by now....

I was in a similar situation a few years ago with HPF before they went under. Once I started posting on the forums that got things moving real fast.

Alan
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 11:05 PM   #6
twelve535i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i M Sport

Not sure if I'm getting the story right, so please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.
Eisenhaus was a huge North American distributor of Eisenmann exhaust. They started to make fake Eisenmann exhaust and even stamped their name EISENHAUS on the mufflers. When Eisenmann found out, they cut their ties with the company. The official document was circling the internet for a long time.
Eisenhaus disappeared and GThaus and Meisterschaft came about.
What baffles me is how successful they've become and how much they charge for their systems.

Last edited by twelve535i; 04-30-2015 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 11:08 PM   #7
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelve535i View Post
Not sure if I'm getting the story right, so please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.
GThaus was previously called Eisenhaus. Eisenhaus was a huge North American distributor of Eisenmann exhaust. They started to make fake Eisenmann exhaust and even stamped their name EISENHAUS on the mufflers. When Eisenmann found out, they cut their ties with the company. The official document was circling the internet for a long time.
What baffles me is how successful they've become and how much they charge for their systems.
Those of us who remember will never buy any product from GThaus. I have said the same thing back when other member was in process of ordering.
      04-30-2015, 11:19 PM   #8
kkakonn
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Yup until they got caught and started selling it under their current name. lol

To the OP I would file a claim with my credit card and tell them to f*ck off. They could have made one from scratch by now after 5 months. Heck some poor dude in China could have made it from scratch and swam over here by now....

I was in a similar situation a few years ago with HPF before they went under. Once I started posting on the forums that got things moving real fast.

Alan
The Vendor that I purchased the product from, Mod Bargains, has been nothing but great with giving me updates on the product. My rep was quick to answer all questions and contacted GTHAUS every time I asked, at all hours of the day. I felt bad for bugging them so much. If anything I will have them help me look into a different product
      05-01-2015, 12:13 AM   #9
kkakonn
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
kkakonn , I am at the same boat there.
I ordered 1 for my customer. The funny thing is, I got a different excuses. They gave me an excuse on Long Beach port issue that causing the delay.
And until today, I still haven't got any update from the place I order it from or GT Haus.
Not trying to make them looks bad, since they are also one of the vendor in this forum.
My customer even got fed up asking me every other week on the status, he asked the contact person where I bought it from and GT Haus directly.
Apology in advance if I offend someone own or worked at GT Haus read this. But, that is the truth, I thought I was the only 1 but, guess not now.

I was actually told this 2 months back. Exhaust was delayed due to "port" issues. Then I was told the mufflers were ready but the Y pipe wasn't fitting right and the mufflers would be shipped out immediately. This was about a month ago. Still haven't received anything.
      05-01-2015, 07:53 AM   #10
X5Jouster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50I Msport

we are all having this issue when it comes to purchasing with this product...

as i have said before... please for the sake of an actually good and problem free product, understand that this exhaust may have a 3-6 month waiting period, while unacceptable,

what other choices might one have for this style exhaust
      05-01-2015, 08:42 AM   #11
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Supersprint makes a full system for the 50i. Something you guys could look into

Alan
      05-01-2015, 10:09 AM   #12
kkakonn
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Jouster View Post
we are all having this issue when it comes to purchasing with this product...

as i have said before... please for the sake of an actually good and problem free product, understand that this exhaust may have a 3-6 month waiting period, while unacceptable,

what other choices might one have for this style exhaust
It's one thing being told it takes 6 months from day one. I would've been ok with that. I've waited longer for Varis stuff for my evo. But being told that the exhaust will be definitely ready in 2 weeks multiple times is like getting slapped in the face repeatedly.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2015, 10:10 AM   #13
kkakonn
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Supersprint makes a full system for the 50i. Something you guys could look into

Alan
Thanks Alan il look into it
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 11:25 AM   #14
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Supersprint, Hamann, and ac schnitzer all make quality exhaust systems.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #15
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkakonn View Post
It's one thing being told it takes 6 months from day one. I would've been ok with that. I've waited longer for Varis stuff for my evo. But being told that the exhaust will be definitely ready in 2 weeks multiple times is like getting slapped in the face repeatedly.
Agreed to your statement.

As the others mentioned. Supersprint, ACS, and others also make it.
I would go with Supersprint though. It has the best looking. And I've "heard" that Hamann is made by Supersprint.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 12:20 PM   #16
Alan l.
Major General
Rep

Quote:
At this point they are flat out lying to you which is VERY bad for any company to do.

Alan
      05-02-2015, 09:52 AM   #17
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

My customer just told me that he got told it is being delayed for another 2 weeks due to some issues with the testing and other excuses.
We should warn the X5M guys, because GTHaus has been active advertising there.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #18
kkakonn
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My customer just told me that he got told it is being delayed for another 2 weeks due to some issues with the testing and other excuses.
I was told it would definitely ship at the end of May, so another month. This is after they told me a definite hard eta of April 28. I ended up canceling the exhaust. A lying company like that is not worth my business and a penny of my hard earned money.

It's weird they would tell ur customer 2 weeks and me one month but I ordered before you

Last edited by kkakonn; 05-02-2015 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #19
quattrospeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Soon to be F15 X5 x3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkakonn
Quote:
I was told it would definitely ship at the end of May, so another month. This is after they told me a definite hard eta of April 28. I ended up canceling the exhaust. A lying company like that is not worth my business and a penny of my hard earned money.

It's weird they would tell ur customer 2 weeks and me one month but I ordered before you
I've been following your post, very happy you cancelled...

There are many other options now... I'm sure you'll find something...

happiness is driving your car after washing it
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #20
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yea, weird but true.
I show my customer this thread, now he is canceling the order.
Appreciate 1
      05-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #21
X5Jouster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50I Msport

in my opinion why wait so long then just hop out of line???
      05-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #22
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

At this point its not about the muffler and more about the principle of doing business.
Appreciate 1