BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-26-2014, 04:09 PM   #749
MTVIEW
New Member
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Ordered April 1 and went into production April 22.

X5 xDrive50i

Glacier Silver
Canberra Beige Dakota w/ Fineline Pure Wood
M-Sport
Dynamic Handling
Cold Weather
Driver Assistance Plus
Executive Package
Lighting Package
4-zone Climate
Harman Kardon
MTVIEW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2014, 02:41 PM   #750
Flatironcopse
Private
 
Drives: BMW X5 3.0D M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oxford

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive30dGeorge View Post
The Wallenius website updates the vessel tracking system by the looks of it once they have loaded the car on the vessel. Integrity is due to set sail on the 29th so hopefully tracking using the VIN will show "loaded on vessel" on the 29th.

Interestingly there was another ship, the Resolve, which set sail on 21st bound for Southampton. Was hoping mine would make it on that ship since it completed production on 14th and left the factory on 15th. But looking at the port of charleston website it looks like it carried, quite literally, a boatload of cars from Bremerhaven to charleston and offloaded them there but it didn't pick up any cargo from charleston for the way back. Too bad. Now will have to wait for after the last May bank holiday to get my hands on precious.
Thanks for the update.

I'll be checking to see if it's on that ship. Been a long 4 months so far.
Flatironcopse is offline   Wales
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2014, 08:01 PM   #751
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVIEW View Post
Ordered April 1 and went into production April 22.

X5 xDrive50i

Glacier Silver
Canberra Beige Dakota w/ Fineline Pure Wood
M-Sport
Dynamic Handling
Cold Weather
Driver Assistance Plus
Executive Package
Lighting Package
4-zone Climate
Harman Kardon
Sounds sweet man!
__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #752
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Wife's X5 M-Sport

Hello fellow enthusiasts! I Just ordered my wife a new X5 and we are very excited! We traded in her 2007 for this new beauty and cannot wait for it to get here. I was a bit selfish and configured it for myself lol. Didnt get the lighting package or many other options i wanted but the M-Sport was a must have. I drive an M3 and wanted to pimp out the mom mobile. We have a 7 moth old and she will be traveling in moms car 99% of the time. Much roomier than dads car. 4-6 weeks to get to us. Cant wait!

XDrive 35i
M Sport
Alpine White
Terra Dakota Leather
Fineline Oak wood Trim
20" M Light alloy Double Spoke wheels style 469M-with performance run-flat tires
Rear view camera
Space-saver spare


- There any good tunes for this thing yet? Downpipes?
__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2014, 12:31 AM   #753
Socal2025
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 528i; 2014 X5 35d
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal2025 View Post
Just ordered mine today:

x5 35d Luxury Line
Space Gray Metallic
Terra Dakota Leather
Rear View Camera
Rear manual side window shades
Multi-countour seats
Fineline Pure Wood Trim
ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
Surround View
Harman Kardon surround sound system

MSRP: $67,650

Received a production number but no VIN yet. Status 112; Priority 1-customer sold.
Updates:
Ordered April 11
Production started April 15
Production completed April 22
Released to carrier +/- April 25
As of today has not left factory yet for the Oxnard VDC
Socal2025 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #754
Flatironcopse
Private
 
Drives: BMW X5 3.0D M Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oxford

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive30dGeorge View Post
Update - expected delivery 27th May now.
Looks like its going to be on the Integrity leaving Charleston SC on the 29th of April and hitting Southampton on the 20th. the final month of waiting begins.. i think i'll have to start a countdown calendar for this..
Here you go.. Think I can see your car

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Integrity.tiff
Flatironcopse is offline   Wales
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #755
xDrive30dGeorge
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW 330d SE 2007
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: London, England

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatironcopse View Post
Here you go.. Think I can see your car

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Integrity.tiff
Cheers mate - i certainly hope its made it on that one.. The VIN tracking still doesn't show up anything. Hope you're having better luck.

I've also just realised that some F15s bound for the UK seem to be getting discharged at Bremerhaven and then put on another ship for Southampton. So if thats the case, then it could be on any ship i guess!! The wait continues...
xDrive30dGeorge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2014, 10:47 PM   #756
JS919
Second Lieutenant
 
JS919's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i & X5 35d
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Henderson, NV

Posts: 230
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal2025 View Post
Updates:
Ordered April 11
Production started April 15
Production completed April 22
Released to carrier +/- April 25
As of today has not left factory yet for the Oxnard VDC
I'm just waiting on a train myself. I received a call yesterday from my dealership. I was told that that BMW is having a rail car shortage. Mine was released to the carrier April 20th. He even mentioned that they have been shipping some to the west coast via truck. I'd rather they wait and put mine on rail car.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...081660690.html
__________________
Current BMWs - 2014 Mineral White M235i - 2014 Mineral White X5 35d
Future BMW - 2015 M4 Mineral Gray/Silverstone
Notable past BMWs - 2008 M3 Coupe - 2009 M3 Coupe - 2011 1-Series M - 2012 335is - 2013 M5 - 2013 M6 - 2014 M5 Competition Package

Last edited by JS919; 04-29-2014 at 10:53 PM.
JS919 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2014, 12:08 AM   #757
Baunton
Lieutenant
 
Baunton's Avatar
 
Drives: F15 3D M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Cotswolds

Posts: 530
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive30dGeorge View Post
Cheers mate - i certainly hope its made it on that one.. The VIN tracking still doesn't show up anything. Hope you're having better luck.

I've also just realised that some F15s bound for the UK seem to be getting discharged at Bremerhaven and then put on another ship for Southampton. So if thats the case, then it could be on any ship i guess!! The wait continues...
How do you know cars are being split up in Germany and sail on separate ships?
Baunton is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2014, 03:33 AM   #758
xDrive30dGeorge
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW 330d SE 2007
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: London, England

Posts: 49
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
How do you know cars are being split up in Germany and sail on separate ships?
The tracking site allows tracking of partial VINs. So looking at the all the WBAKS42 cars which are the right hand drive Europe version of the F15 30d, the site shows a lot of these being discharged in Bremerhaven. As these are right hand drive, i figured these must be destined for UK/Ireland ultimately and they must be taking another ship from Bremerhaven to get to Blighty. Also my dealer said he also expected it to get to Bremerhaven first, checks done there and then sent on another ship to Southamtpon (though I take most things he says with a rather large pinch of salt)

So its just a hunch, I could be wrong.
xDrive30dGeorge is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2014, 05:23 AM   #759
Baunton
Lieutenant
 
Baunton's Avatar
 
Drives: F15 3D M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Cotswolds

Posts: 530
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive30dGeorge View Post
Cheers mate - i certainly hope its made it on that one.. The VIN tracking still doesn't show up anything. Hope you're having better luck.

I've also just realised that some F15s bound for the UK seem to be getting discharged at Bremerhaven and then put on another ship for Southampton. So if thats the case, then it could be on any ship i guess!! The wait continues...
Hi All!

Dealer picked up my E70 today and can't tell me when the new car will be delivered! I have a feeling its also on the 'Integrity' which is bloody great

Still waiting to hear when car will be available to collect. Bizarre that neither the dealer or BMW UK can track a car when even HM Post office can do this with 2.00 package!! Bitter irony.
Baunton is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2014, 09:06 AM   #760
Manatee
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: X5 30d MSport (F15)
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: UK

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
BMW X5 xDrive30d M Sport - Ordered Feb 14th

Carbon Black/Black Dakota Leather/Aluminium Hexagon interior trim
19" M Double-spoke style 467M alloy wheels

ConnectedDrive Services package
Active Security package
M Sport Package

Enhanced Bluetooth telephone with USB & Voice Control
Internet
Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon surround sound
Panoramic glass sunroof
Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory
Luggage compartment separating net
Adaptive Headlights
Reversing Assist camera
Speed limit display
Surround-view
Driving Assistant Plus
Traffic Jam Assist
Head-Up Display
Towbar, fully electric

Just been told by my dealer that my delivery date of mid-June is now first week of June It's in the paint shop apparently. Does that mean it will be on a boat in the next week or so? Haven't got the VIN yet though.

Last edited by Manatee; 04-30-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Manatee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2014, 10:30 AM   #761
Socal2025
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 528i; 2014 X5 35d
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal2025 View Post
Updates:
Ordered April 11
Production started April 15
Production completed April 22
Released to carrier +/- April 25
As of today has not left factory yet for the Oxnard VDC
4/30 Called the 1-800# today and they said that the car is at the "final processing center" (a.k.a. VPC) and the next step should be to "become dealer inventory". Not sure why the status jumped from "waiting for a carrier" all the way to VPC.
Socal2025 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #762
providence
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2014 X3 Msprt, 2014 X5, 1M
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PA

Posts: 155
iTrader: (0)

Here's my truck:
...still in 112 status ordered 5 days ago:

2014 X5d
- x line
- DHP
- Dk graphite metallic
- Black Dakota leather
- Natural fine line wood trim
- cold weather package
- Lighting package
- Driver assistance
- Driver assistance plus
- ACC stop and go
- Lux seating package
- Premium package
- rear comfort seats
- 4 zone climate control
- ceramic controls
- manual shades
- park assistance
- HK sound

CAN NOT WAIT!!
providence is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #763
CatFlap
First Lieutenant
 
CatFlap's Avatar
 
Drives: X5 F15 M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Worcs UK

Posts: 357
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to CatFlap
Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo View Post
update - just had an email from BMW UK customer services to say my X5 will be delivered on or by 27th July - at least the roads will be clean & dry (hopefully)

I still can't believe we have to wait so long!
One disadvantage of waiting so long is that you have time to add more options!

Added today:

Enhanced Bluetooth telephone preparation with USB audio interface and Voice Control (6NS)
Head-up Display (610)

Hope these addition don't delay build though my dealer assures me that since my order is STILL at status 1100 it shouldn't.

I chose to add the 6NS option since I didn't realise that the 'standard' Bluetooth doesn't facilitate audio streaming over Bluetooth and, having read many positive comments about the latest version of the HUD, I had to have it.

Spec:
Z15D F15 X5 xDrive30d M Sport N57 3.0
A96 Mineral White
LCB8 Terra Dakota Leather

233 Towing capacity, increased
248 Steering wheel heating
420 Sun protection glass
430 Ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming
456 Comfort seats, front
488 Lumbar support, driver and front pass.
496 Seat heating, rear
552 Adaptive LED Headlights
676 Loudspeaker system - BMW Advanced
710 M Steering Wheel
715 M aerodynamic body styling
760 Exterior trim, High-gloss Shadow-line
775 Headlining, Anthracite
2PW 20" M Double-spoke style 469M alloy wheels
2TB Sport automatic transmission
2VF Adaptive M suspension
3AC Towbar, fully electric
3AG Reversing Assist camera
3MC Roof rails, High-gloss Shadow-line
4FF Comfort seats, rear
4MR Aluminium Hexagon interior trim
5AC High-beam Assistant
5AS Driving Assistant
5DL Surround-view
6AN Information Plus
6AP Remote Services
6AR Internet
ZNS ConnectedDrive Services package
ZXH Cold weather package
6NS Enhanced Bluetooth telephone preparation with USB audio interface and Voice Control
610 Head-up Display

The long wait continues...
__________________
X5 30d M Sport in Mineral White with Terra Dakota Leather.

Last edited by CatFlap; 05-02-2014 at 02:33 AM.
CatFlap is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #764
Drizz
Private First Class
 
Drizz's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 335is;'14 X5;'15 F80 order
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS919 View Post
I'm just waiting on a train myself. I received a call yesterday from my dealership. I was told that that BMW is having a rail car shortage. Mine was released to the carrier April 20th. He even mentioned that they have been shipping some to the west coast via truck. I'd rather they wait and put mine on rail car.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...081660690.html
Mine was also released to carrier on 4/20. I called customer service today and they told me it was going by truck. I asked them about the train transport, as I thought it's what usually happens to get out to CA, but he said that it was definitely on a truck. I wasn't sure he was right, but after seeing your post maybe he was. I'm thinking we'll have our cars any day now seeing that it's been 10 days.
Drizz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #765
Socal2025
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 528i; 2014 X5 35d
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizz View Post
Mine was also released to carrier on 4/20. I called customer service today and they told me it was going by truck. I asked them about the train transport, as I thought it's what usually happens to get out to CA, but he said that it was definitely on a truck. I wasn't sure he was right, but after seeing your post maybe he was. I'm thinking we'll have our cars any day now seeing that it's been 10 days.
The factory will usually release the cars to train companies. Norfolk, I believe, is one of the main ones. However, due to train shortages, the factory could also use trucks to transport the cars to their VPC, then another truck to the dealer.

In my case, I was told that my car was released to Norfolk heading to the VPC in Oxnard, CA.
Socal2025 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 01:34 PM   #766
weesped
New Member
 
Drives: 128i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: honolulu

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

My modest build:

2014 x5
mineral white
lux line
black dakota leather
fineline pure wood
lux seating package
premium package
comfort rear seats
rear view camera

Ordered April 9
Went into production April 24
Finished production April 30
Just gave them a call and they say its estimated to ship out today via Norfolk Southern.

Anyone with experience as to how long I can expect the transit to be to Hawaii, or at least to the west cost via rail?

Beyond excited for this car
weesped is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2014, 05:59 PM   #767
NPickles
Private First Class
 
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nottingham UK

Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo View Post
One disadvantage of waiting so long is that you have time to add more options!

Added today:

Enhanced Bluetooth telephone preparation with USB audio interface and Voice Control (6NS)
Head-up Display (610)

Hope these addition don't delay build though my dealer assures me that since my order is STILL at status 1100 it shouldn't.

I chose to add the 6NS option since I didn't realise that the 'standard' Bluetooth doesn't facilitate audio streaming over Bluetooth and, having read many positive comments about the latest version of the HUD, I had to have it.

Spec:
Z15D F15 X5 xDrive30d M Sport N57 3.0
A96 Mineral White
LCB8 Terra Dakota Leather

233 Towing capacity, increased
248 Steering wheel heating
420 Sun protection glass
430 Ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming
456 Comfort seats, front
488 Lumbar support, driver and front pass.
496 Seat heating, rear
552 Adaptive LED Headlights
676 Loudspeaker system - BMW Advanced
710 M Steering Wheel
715 M aerodynamic body styling
760 Exterior trim, High-gloss Shadow-line
775 Headlining, Anthracite
2PW 20" M Double-spoke style 469M alloy wheels
2TB Sport automatic transmission
2VF Adaptive M suspension
3AC Towbar, fully electric
3AG Reversing Assist camera
3MC Roof rails, High-gloss Shadow-line
4FF Comfort seats, rear
4MR Aluminium Hexagon interior trim
5AC High-beam Assistant
5AS Driving Assistant
5DL Surround-view
6AN Information Plus
6AP Remote Services
6AR Internet
ZNS ConnectedDrive Services package
ZXH Cold weather package
6NS Enhanced Bluetooth telephone preparation with USB audio interface and Voice Control
610 Head-up Display

The long wait continues...
I know, it's a killer isn't it, just had to extend my existing vehicle contract for a couple of months or so until the new F15 arrives early August.

And I thought I had a long options list . . . You didn't fancy comfort access, I know it's an expensive option but I couldn't live without it having had the equivalent on my existing Lexus RX450h for the last 4 years.

I went with the 40d but stopped adding options some time ago. Seemed daft not to take the 40d as it made bugger all difference to the contract hire price and why not have a few extra horses and even more torque than the 30d for the same CO2 emissions.

F15 X5 xDrive40d SE N57 3.0
A52 Space Grey
LCB8 Terra Dakota Leather

233 Towing capacity increased
248 Steering wheel heating
255 Sports steering wheel
2H7 19" V Spoke 450 alloy wheels
2TB Sports automatic transmission
322 Comfort access
328 Running boards aluminium
3AC Towbar full electric
3AG Reversing Assist camera
3AT Roof rails matt aluminium
3MB Exterior trim matt aluminium
420 Sun protection glass
430 Exterior mirrors folding & dimming
456 Comfort seats front
488 Lumbar support front
494 Seat heating front (now standard fit)
4B8 Brushed aluminium interior trim
524 Adaptive xenon headlights
5AC High beam assistant
5AS Driving Assistant (now standard fit)
688 Harman Kardon surround system
6AN Information plus
6AP Remote services
6AR Internet
6FV Online entertainment
6NS Enhanced bluetooth phone, USB & Voice
6TH Speed limit display
775 Headlining anthracite
ZNS ConnectedDrive services package
ZGF Dynamic package

I don't think I can justify or actually need any more options, at nearly 60k list it's going to cost me enough company car tax as it is without adding anything else.
NPickles is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2014, 03:00 PM   #768
rossi72
Registered
 
Drives: F15 40D M
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Leicestershire

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Finally Here - 1st Time Post

Hi. 1st timer here.

Been in Land Rover/Range Rover for past 16years

Ordered 40d M in Feb

Delivery this Tuesday. Long Bank Holiday ahead.

Black Sapphire
Black Dakota Leather

Cold Weather Package
20" 469M Wheels
Universal Remote
Comfort Access
Reversing Assist Camera
Shadowline
Sun Protection Glass
Comfort Seats
Extended Storage
American Oak Trim
Adaptive Headlights - Xenon
Driving assistant
Harman/Kardon Surround Sound
Internet
Enhanced Bluetooth

rossi72 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2014, 11:49 PM   #769
Baunton
Lieutenant
 
Baunton's Avatar
 
Drives: F15 3D M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Cotswolds

Posts: 530
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi72 View Post
Hi. 1st timer here.

Been in Land Rover/Range Rover for past 16years

Ordered 40d M in Feb

Delivery this Tuesday. Long Bank Holiday ahead.

Black Sapphire
Black Dakota Leather

Cold Weather Package
20" 469M Wheels
Universal Remote
Comfort Access
Reversing Assist Camera
Shadowline
Sun Protection Glass
Comfort Seats
Extended Storage
American Oak Trim
Adaptive Headlights - Xenon
Driving assistant
Harman/Kardon Surround Sound
Internet
Enhanced Bluetooth

Congrats. Delivered next week and ordered in February...still waiting to have a delivery date for my 3D M Sport ordered 18th January!
Hope you enjoy that torque when it's delivered!
Baunton is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #770
Zipforia
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 X5 x35i M-Sport
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SoCal

Posts: 523
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi72 View Post
Hi. 1st timer here.

Been in Land Rover/Range Rover for past 16years

Ordered 40d M in Feb

Delivery this Tuesday. Long Bank Holiday ahead.

Black Sapphire
Black Dakota Leather

Cold Weather Package
20" 469M Wheels
Universal Remote
Comfort Access
Reversing Assist Camera
Shadowline
Sun Protection Glass
Comfort Seats
Extended Storage
American Oak Trim
Adaptive Headlights - Xenon
Driving assistant
Harman/Kardon Surround Sound
Internet
Enhanced Bluetooth

Since you have extensive experience with LRs, what made you switch over to BMW? There have been MANY comparisons between RR Sport vs. X5. Just wanted to get your input. Thanks!

Z.
Zipforia is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST