BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #67
utahm5
Commander
utahm5's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
147
Posts

Drives: '14 M5 CP & '14 X5 50i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
2014 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
2011 Ford F250 4x4  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to utahm5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Rx View Post
Im glad to see the Bang & Olufsen sound system was a wise choice. A lot of extra money, but im hoping it was well worth it!

I hope your guess is worth more than what I paid for it, because I could live with that timeline! Lol

Thanks!
Well, "worth the money" is subjective; however I am very pleased with the Bang & Olufsen. With the volume at about half you'd swear you were at the performance.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #68
24601
Major
24601's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 2014 991 C4 GTS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2013 Toyota Prius  [0.00]
2014 BMW 750Li  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
I'm surprised to see that there are few mocha design pkg...
__________________
2014 991 C4 GTS

Sold - 2013 E92 M3 SS w/ ZCP l ZPP l 2MK l 6NR l 752
Sold - 2009 E92 335i LMB M-Sport
Sold - 2003 E46 M3 LSB SMG
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #69
jman26
Private
United_States
11
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: 2014 X5 msport active steer
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F15  [0.00]
My car has been in 112 status for over 6 weeks and is supposed to be a late sept production. I have an msport w sport seats. Looking at the posts here doesnt look like anyone who posted w vin# has sport seats. Is it possible they dont have them and cant build the car? Just curious.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #70
gblansten
Beandoc
gblansten's Avatar
United_States
100
Rep
2,430
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW M5 SG/SS
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24601 View Post
I'm surprised to see that there are few mocha design pkg...
That's what I plan to order.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #71
24601
Major
24601's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 2014 991 C4 GTS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2013 Toyota Prius  [0.00]
2014 BMW 750Li  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
That's what I plan to order.
__________________
2014 991 C4 GTS

Sold - 2013 E92 M3 SS w/ ZCP l ZPP l 2MK l 6NR l 752
Sold - 2009 E92 335i LMB M-Sport
Sold - 2003 E46 M3 LSB SMG
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #72
dn325ci
Private First Class
3
Rep
125
Posts

Drives: 2004 BMW 325Ci
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbimmerx5 View Post
looks like they have fixed the problem. BMWUSA is not charging extra $400 for running boards with xLine.
That's interesting. Seemed robustly changed on the website to be a glitch, since I checked it several ways, but maybe it was.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #73
cpiguy
Captain
cpiguy's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
620
Posts

Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Westlake Village, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Here's my order.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2014 X5 Order.pdf (163.2 KB, 257 views)
__________________

CPIGUY
2010 M3 Coupe,2011 458 Italia
2014 911 Turbo S, 2014 X5 3.5
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #74
Baunton
Major
Baunton's Avatar
England
105
Rep
1,072
Posts

Drives: F15 3D M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Cotswolds

iTrader: (0)

Thinking about this....

KS42 F15 X5 xDrive30d SE N57 3.0
475 Black Sapphire
LCEW Ivory White/Black Dakota Leather
Options
ZGF
Dynamic package
255 Sport Steering Wheel
2D4 19" Star-spoke style 449 alloy wheels
2TB Sport automatic transmission
328 Running boards, aluminium
456 Comfort seats, front
760 Exterior trim, High-gloss Shadowline
775 Headlining, Anthracite
320 Model designation deletion
430 Ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming
488 Lumbar support, driver and front pass.
494 Seat heating, front
688 Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon surround sound
6NS Enhanced Bluetooth telephone with USB & Voice Control

List Price including VAT etc £54,250.12 - Discount TBD!

Iím interested on peopleís views WRT the wheel selection. Donít know if this is the right combo with the black exterior. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #75
chrisny
Colonel
United_States
79
Rep
2,759
Posts

Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Seems like most people are leaving out one key factor in their timeline, when the order was placed, so we can all get a picture of how long the process is taking.

Are people waiting much longer than 4-6 weeks for their cars (for US cars that don't need a boat..), and if so, is that only because of the hold for launch?

I'm getting ready to put in an order this week. Curious to see if there is a backlog in production at all or with allocations, or can I expect normal 4-6 week timeline, since it'll be after launch either way.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #76
AresM3
Private First Class
AresM3's Avatar
1
Rep
128
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Ordered on 8/15
Finished production on 10/1
On hold at the VPC, no information as to when it will be released.

Not sure how much you can take from those dates. At the start, it was all about if your dealer had a usable production number, and now we have the hold. Someone posted that they already have 940+ X5's on hold at the VPC. How many are they going to have when they do finally release them? What about transportation after the release? I know a lot of people here want PCD (including me), but how many of those can they do in a week?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #77
eaglesrest
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
6
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: BMW F15 X5 3.0d MSport
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
KS42 F15 X5 xDrive30d SE N57 3.0
475 Black Sapphire
LCEW Ivory White/Black Dakota Leather
Options
ZGF
Dynamic package
255 Sport Steering Wheel
2D4 19" Star-spoke style 449 alloy wheels
2TB Sport automatic transmission
328 Running boards, aluminium
456 Comfort seats, front
760 Exterior trim, High-gloss Shadowline
775 Headlining, Anthracite
320 Model designation deletion
430 Ext. mirrors - folding, auto dimming
488 Lumbar support, driver and front pass.
494 Seat heating, front
688 Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon surround sound
6NS Enhanced Bluetooth telephone with USB & Voice Control

List Price including VAT etc £54,250.12 - Discount TBD!

Iím interested on peopleís views WRT the wheel selection. Donít know if this is the right combo with the black exterior. Thoughts?
Just curious as to why you didn't go for the m sport package? It looks like you've specced it up to m sport, and the costs must be similar. No comfort suspension option ?

Would also be interested in what discount you negotiate? Autoebid are offering around 7%
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #78
Baunton
Major
Baunton's Avatar
England
105
Rep
1,072
Posts

Drives: F15 3D M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Cotswolds

iTrader: (0)

Hello.
Couple of reasons why I've not gone the whole hog for M Sport;
- I've found in the past the suspension was too hard for me. Although from what you have suggested does Comfort Suspension negate the harsh ride?
- The main reason is my wife! She needs the Running Boards for the 'leg up' and I'm told by the dealer they can't be fitted with the M Sport body kit.

WRT to discount. I got 10% off my current car by playing off my local dealers that are ~30. Miles apart so intend to take same approach this time 'round.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #79
eaglesrest
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
6
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: BMW F15 X5 3.0d MSport
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Thanks. The adaptive comfort suspension will definitely improve the ride on the SE as it combines dynamic dampers with rear air suspension. The adaptive m suspension, standard on the m sport, also has dampers and air suspension, but it remains to be seen how 'soft' the comfort setting will be. In theory the m sport with dampers in comfort setting should provide a better ride than an SE with no adaptive suspension option, but only a test will reveal if that's the case.

I did the same bartering on my current f11 - got 10% off in 2010, by starting with a broker price and seeing if any local dealerships would match it.

You have the same spec as I've configured, with the exception of m sport package (subject to smooth test drive on uk roads). I'm prob going to also add sunroof, adaptive xenons and the active safety + driving assistant plus

Last edited by eaglesrest; 10-09-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #80
echo19
New Member
1
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: want a new x5
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: north america

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpiguy View Post
Here's my order.
Nice! I really want that set-up.

What % did you pay off of the MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #81
barcelona
Major
barcelona's Avatar
Canada
61
Rep
1,049
Posts

Drives: X
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Order date 8/26.
Production Date week of 10/20.
No VIN until production begins.
Special order was accepted 2 weeks ago, so this should not prolong the process.

Dealer says estimated arrival is from Dec 1-15.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #82
AEC
Second Lieutenant
10
Rep
236
Posts

Drives: 2014 X5 xDrive 35i xLine
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

Here's my build:

2014 X5 XDrive 35i xLine
Mineral White
Mocha Nappa Interior design Package
Poplar Trim
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Driver Assistance Plus Package
Luxury Seating Package
Premium Package
Space Saver Spare
Ceramic Controls
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System

Order placed mid August
Car entered production 9/13/13 (Finished about a week later)
Scheduled for Performance Center Delivery 11/5/13
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #83
cpiguy
Captain
cpiguy's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
620
Posts

Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Westlake Village, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo19 View Post
Nice! I really want that set-up.

What % did you pay off of the MSRP?

Haven't worked out pricing as of yet. I buy all my BMW's from Rusnak and they're typically fair. We''ll work the deal when the car gets here.
__________________

CPIGUY
2010 M3 Coupe,2011 458 Italia
2014 911 Turbo S, 2014 X5 3.5
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 02:56 AM   #84
Baunton
Major
Baunton's Avatar
England
105
Rep
1,072
Posts

Drives: F15 3D M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Cotswolds

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Thanks. The adaptive comfort suspension will definitely improve the ride on the SE as it combines dynamic dampers with rear air suspension. The adaptive m suspension, standard on the m sport, also has dampers and air suspension, but it remains to be seen how 'soft' the comfort setting will be. In theory the m sport with dampers in comfort setting should provide a better ride than an SE with no adaptive suspension option, but only a test will reveal if that's the case.

I did the same bartering on my current f11 - got 10% off in 2010, by starting with a broker price and seeing if any local dealerships would match it.

You have the same spec as I've configured, with the exception of m sport package (subject to smooth test drive on uk roads). I'm prob going to also add sunroof, adaptive xenons and the active safety + driving assistant plus
Hi.
Would be interested on knowing the dealers when you do the deed

Also, what are your thoughts on the 2D4 19" Star-spoke style 449 alloy wheels?
I'm not convinced they are the best option with the black exterior.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 04:56 AM   #85
eaglesrest
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
6
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: BMW F15 X5 3.0d MSport
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
Hi.
Would be interested on knowing the dealers when you do the deed

Also, what are your thoughts on the 2D4 19" Star-spoke style 449 alloy wheels?
I'm not convinced they are the best option with the black exterior.

Thanks.
Hmmm it's subjective but yes you are right, they don't look good IMO. They look like they should be on an m3 or similar. The large gap between the wheel and the wheel arch doesn't help. I think that's because SE trim has a different colour body moulding to the paint work.
On that trim I like the 450's best.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #86
Baunton
Major
Baunton's Avatar
England
105
Rep
1,072
Posts

Drives: F15 3D M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Cotswolds

iTrader: (0)

Thanks...will go online and see what it looks like.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #87
chrisny
Colonel
United_States
79
Rep
2,759
Posts

Drives: Msport '13 335xi & '14 X5 35i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton
Thanks...will go online and see what it looks like.
Check out the 20" 451's too. I agree with eagle's rest on the 449's, though I don't think they'd look good on a coupe or sedan. I just don't think the orbit gray will look great with black and the 19's look a bit too small to me to begin with, which is why I suggested taking a look at the 20" option. There is a black one in the Official F15 thread on here that has them. We'll be getting black as well and going with those wheels.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #88
Baunton
Major
Baunton's Avatar
England
105
Rep
1,072
Posts

Drives: F15 3D M Sport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Cotswolds

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Check out the 20" 451's too. I agree with eagle's rest on the 449's, though I don't think they'd look good on a coupe or sedan. I just don't think the orbit gray will look great with black and the 19's look a bit too small to me to begin with, which is why I suggested taking a look at the 20" option. There is a black one in the Official F15 thread on here that has them. We'll be getting black as well and going with those wheels.
Thanks again...will look at the 20"..maybe I should buy some BMW stock at the same time and benefit twice over from spending more than I planned
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 AM.




xbimmers
xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST