BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #1
ckortane
Private First Class

Drives: BMW 335is

Hill descent control button?

After reviewing pics on cars.com, I noticed that some vehicles are missing the hill descent control button. Below the rocker for sport/comfort/Eco, there are three possible buttons - camera, park assistance, and hill descent control. I know the first two can be missing bases on package/optins, but curious to see the hill descent button missing and just having a blank spacer in its place. I'll post a pic or two to show what I'm talking about but wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts why some do and do not have.
      10-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
2th Dctr
Registered

Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckortane View Post
After reviewing pics on cars.com, I noticed that some vehicles are missing the hill descent control button. Below the rocker for sport/comfort/Eco, there are three possible buttons - camera, park assistance, and hill descent control. I know the first two can be missing bases on package/optins, but curious to see the hill descent button missing and just having a blank spacer in its place. I'll post a pic or two to show what I'm talking about but wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts why some do and do not have.
Those are probably the sX5's....the rear wheel drives.
      10-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
ckortane
Private First Class

Drives: BMW 335is

ah - you are correct - the X5 was listed as an X35i and when I looked up the VIN it was actually an S35i - hard to tell from pics on the outside.

Thanks!