BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #1
Bigtop
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2014 BMW X5, 5.0i, Msport
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Colorado

Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

F15 50i 0-60mph in 4.3 secs

Check out the Car and Driver review of the 2014 X5 50i. Not too flattering on the steering feel or tires used, but performance figures are fast!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...0i-test-review
Bigtop is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
patrob
Private First Class
 
Drives: 02 X5 4.4i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Toronto

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

"Hustling to 60 mph in 4.3 seconds and through the quarter mile in 12.8 seconds at 109 mph is a worthy feat when there’s 5306 pounds of vehicle to lug around."

OMG
patrob is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
ljxrayman
Private
 
Drives: 2014 X5 M Sport Mineral White
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Richmond, BC

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

Unbelievable....E70 X5M....RIP.
ljxrayman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #4
scnick82
Private
 
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive50i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

Wow! I wonder how close to that I can get using my phone stopwatch lol! Will give it try soon.
scnick82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #5
buckeyewalt
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 X5 50i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: West Tennessee

Posts: 224
iTrader: (0)

I wonder if the M-Sport version would be any quicker with launch control?
buckeyewalt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 01:35 AM   #6
kip1
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: PTT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: -

Posts: 259
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljxrayman View Post
Unbelievable....E70 X5M....RIP.
yes and also Cayenne turbo...
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...-100+km%2Fh+in
kip1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 05:21 AM   #7
gorun
Lieutenant
 
gorun's Avatar
 
Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...

Posts: 513
iTrader: (0)

Hahaha easy easy
gorun is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 06:29 AM   #8
deadbuck
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW X5 F15 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Jacksonville

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

Everywhere else says 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. Even other car and driver articles. Am I missing something here? Was it a misprint? Granted it does feel fast as hell when you do launch control in sport mode!
deadbuck is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #9
E90Fleet
Major General
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Africa

Posts: 8,039
iTrader: (0)

Maybe someone should tell them that the optional Active steering is not electric, its a Hydraulic system unlike the regular X5 steering.
__________________
Nominated: Member of the Year, Most Contributing Member


BMW if you are reading, I need a job
E90Fleet is offline   South Africa
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #10
Bigtop
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2014 BMW X5, 5.0i, Msport
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Colorado

Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbuck View Post
Everywhere else says 0-60 in 4.9 seconds. Even other car and driver articles. Am I missing something here? Was it a misprint? Granted it does feel fast as hell when you do launch control in sport mode!
The 4.9 seconds is what BMW officially represents it will do. They are always conservative in their numbers. Most car mags and critics don't test the performance figures of the car because they do not have the facilities, equipment or skill set to complete the task, hence, them just putting down what BMW states.
Bigtop is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #11
Kzang
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 X5 35i Premium
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
The 4.9 seconds is what BMW officially represents it will do. They are always conservative in their numbers. Most car mags and critics don't test the performance figures of the car because they do not have the facilities, equipment or skill set to complete the task, hence, them just putting down what BMW states.
I agree.. also unless every condition for 0-60 testing is identical the car will vary in speeds...
Kzang is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #12
atomic80
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 997TT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA

Posts: 293
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Maybe someone should tell them that the optional Active steering is not electric, its a Hydraulic system unlike the regular X5 steering.
Say what??? You sure about that? Thought the entire steering system was electric with/without the active steering system

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt View Post
I wonder if the M-Sport version would be any quicker with launch control?
Launch countrol? We have that in our M-Sport X5's? I'll have to look this up.
atomic80 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2014, 12:13 AM   #13
mikikuki7
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: F15 50i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: McAllen, TX

Posts: 228
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Maybe someone should tell them that the optional Active steering is not electric, its a Hydraulic system unlike the regular X5 steering.
Say what??? You sure about that? Thought the entire steering system was electric with/without the active steering system

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyewalt View Post
I wonder if the M-Sport version would be any quicker with launch control?
Launch countrol? We have that in our M-Sport X5's? I'll have to look this up.
How does it work? I didn't know that?! I second that! Where can we find the info?
mikikuki7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #14
opasha
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 5.0i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Maryland

Posts: 595
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80 View Post
Launch countrol? We have that in our M-Sport X5's? I'll have to look this up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7 View Post
How does it work? I didn't know that?! I second that! Where can we find the info?
There's no button or anything. The computer automatically does it I believe when you put your car into sport/sport + mode. They talked about it the thread below, but it's in the owner's manual in detail supposedly.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=926444
opasha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #15
atomic80
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 997TT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA

Posts: 293
iTrader: (0)

Yeah I saw that other thread. I haven't had a chance to try it on mine.
atomic80 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2014, 12:49 AM   #16
r33
Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 F15
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So. Cal

Posts: 572
iTrader: (0)

I need someone to sit in my car to time the 0-60.
Volunteer?
__________________

'12 F10 528i, '14 F15 sDrive35i
r33 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2014, 04:06 AM   #17
kip1
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: PTT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: -

Posts: 259
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
There's no button or anything. The computer automatically does it I believe when you put your car into sport/sport + mode. They talked about it the thread below, but it's in the owner's manual in detail supposedly.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=926444
Owners manual:

Start with launch control
While the engine is running:
1. Press button or select with the
Driving Dynamics Control Sport+.
TRACTION is displayed in the instrument
cluster and the indicator lamp for DSC OFF
lights up.
2. Engaging the transmission position S
3. With the left foot, forcefully press down on
the brake.
4. Press on the accelerator beyond the resist‐
ance point at the full throttle position.
A flag symbol appears in the instrument
cluster.
5. The starting engine speed adjusts. Within
3 seconds, release the brake.
Before using Launch Control, allow the trans‐
mission to cool down for approx. 5 minutes.
Launch Control adjusts to the surrounding
conditions, e.g., wet pavement, when used
again.

file:///C:/Users/ltj1/Downloads/X5_01402910949_1308_en-us_BA_1307_F15_print_en-us_nbt%20(1).pdf

Page 79.
kip1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2014, 04:12 AM   #18
opasha
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 5.0i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Maryland

Posts: 595
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
Owners manual:

Start with launch control
While the engine is running:
1. Press button or select with the
Driving Dynamics Control Sport+.
TRACTION is displayed in the instrument
cluster and the indicator lamp for DSC OFF
lights up.
2. Engaging the transmission position S
3. With the left foot, forcefully press down on
the brake.
4. Press on the accelerator beyond the resist‐
ance point at the full throttle position.
A flag symbol appears in the instrument
cluster.
5. The starting engine speed adjusts. Within
3 seconds, release the brake.
Before using Launch Control, allow the trans‐
mission to cool down for approx. 5 minutes.
Launch Control adjusts to the surrounding
conditions, e.g., wet pavement, when used
again.

file:///C:/Users/ltj1/Downloads/X5_01402910949_1308_en-us_BA_1307_F15_print_en-us_nbt%20(1).pdf

Page 79.
Dang, all of that effort for the launch control setting? Seems rather tedious.
opasha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #19
deadbuck
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW X5 F15 M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Jacksonville

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

I believe it is a standard option in the Msport line. Night and day difference then just mashing the gas in sport mode. My kids call it "turbo power"
deadbuck is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #20
Bigtop
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2014 BMW X5, 5.0i, Msport
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Colorado

Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

This just written by Car and Driver review of ne X6 but referring to F15 50i

"(We just tested an X5 xDrive50i that posted a 4.3-second 0-to-60 time, so the latter figure is probably conservative.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news

I knew I had landed a monster!
Bigtop is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #21
scnick82
Private
 
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive50i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

2015 x5 x50i BMW quoted 0-60mph drops from 4.9 to 4.7
scnick82 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST