View Single Post
      02-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #10
Nemis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330d -> 550Nm@1750

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko
ha ha, i don't think you'll find any "theme pack" for the iDrive interface, you'll probably have to figure out the system, where it connects and how, then try to come up with some API to be able to edit and actually use your modified files in the car and even then, there is a big chance you're gonna screw something up. i'm sure they converted all media (graphics, sounds, textures, etc) into some kind of custom BMW format so you'd need to do everything via some HEX edit app, which would be a royal pain in the ass. but hey, there is a chance (i highly doubt it though) that it runs on some standard (meaning publicly known/accessible) OS in which case everything would be possible. you'd still need to get/make cables or a transmitter/reciever to manage the OS data in the car.

i've been thinking about it myself, but i'm too big of pussy to start digging into it since i'm afraid to void the warranty...

when people switch to V.26 they have new cursor on navy, new bmw splash screnn etc etc, so we have copy of this upgrade cd
in this disk ther are skin voice etc etc...
OS is not win ce but is MAUI OS9 (RTOS) by Microware
RTOS btw stands for Realtime Operating System.
and yes it can be hacked and replace skin. How ?? bhooo maybe some one can stat to work in it
but if you scan v.26 cd you can foung ".gif" text on it, but i have no found an useful .gif extractor that work

(like we have add new poi to original navi dvd )

330d attiva, SG, dakota Terra, 162 18", xeno als, pcd front & rear, Navi Pro with MP3, rear tint, sun roof, sport pak , sport seat , M shift knob...
Appreciate 0