04-10-2014, 04:24 AM   #7
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Oh thank you. I was reading some stuff on watchuseek and I think I just saw someone with a screen name similar or the same as yours. Is that you?
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
lol, the one and only
I am a member on WUS, TimeZone, WatchFreaks, and the NAWCC. The NAWCC is the group I recommend to individuals who are seriously interested in collecting watches. One can apply for membership here: http://www.nawcc.org/images/stories/...10-29-2013.pdf . TimeZone and WatchFreaks are quite good for somewhat serious collectors.

WUS has some serious collectors, but mostly it's geared to and populated by consumerist ("look what I got") collectors, not curatorial collectors. As a result, there's a whole lot of nonsense posted there. Nonetheless, it's the most entertaining of the popular watch forums.

I'm not entirely curatorial, but neither am I completely consumerist. I like to use my watches just as most anyone would, and to that end, I've bypassed some purchase opportunities because the watches would have to be more akin to "for display only" rather than for my personal enjoyment. The Ressence watches (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969831) are some about which I'm somewhat vexed.

My better judgement -- based mostly on things having nothing to do with the watch itself -- says I should stay away, but it's so darn nifty that I really want to get one. I'm still not 100% sure which way I'll go in the long run but barring a major revelation, I'm going to wait a few years. One watch-specific factor that may change my mind are the details of the movement inside. I have some questions, the answers to which, I've asked for from Ressence. Hopefully I'll get those answers along with one for the question finaloption asked in the Ressence watch thread noted above.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0