Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 540i M Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6605paull
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRX View Post
Just ask any dealer to enter the chassis number of the car and then you can see all the codes

If the leasing company forgot to enter the MFD code then you will have the full black panel display. Find your order and get ready to sue.
Yes that is exactly what has happened.
This is exactly what it said on the order I signed off against "MF display with HUD", I should have known better and asked for the codes, although at the time of my order the 6WB option had only just become available, and that was me telling the dealer! Not the end of the world as the 6WA full black panel is ok, need to check the numbers though. On a positive note I was lucky in that I got the 20" Star-spoke style 491 - Black alloy wheels instead of the 469 ones for the same price. My conclusion is its a minefield ordering a BMW, the UK BMW on line configurator is hopeless and the dealers often have no idea - love the car though
Totally agree and it's not uncommon for customers like us briefing sales reps and even their managers on the features of a car - pathetic. Bmw don't help either by having at least 3 different cockpit panels.

One dealer I went to hadn't a clue about the difference between lane departure warning and blind spot monitoring.