View Single Post
      11-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #523
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Now that you mentioned the full screen (Panorama View) it also has a way to detect approaching vehicle, so it actually works better than rear view (reverse) camera, or it's supposed to work better. It has such a high viewing angle, too bad the standard rear view camera does not do that.

However I am not very happy with the front camera, you really can't tell how far you are from an object because it's mounted way too high. We really need individual corner cameras in next upgrade.

@opasha, in my E70, I was able to drive up and down on my driveway with just the DRL's on, it illuminated the walls on the sides and the front just enough for me to see everything, and of course it looked damn cool, with LED's on F15, I can't do that anymore, so they are definitely a lot dimmer, although I can't compare them to Non-LEDs on F15 if they are also weaker than E70. So I think overall halos on F15 might actually be weaker, especially if they are at %100 in DRL mode. (not sure if coding makes any difference, like you said)
Parking lights (just HALOS) also have brightness coding. You could try those from the pdf I sent you a while back. Also, enable the FOGS with your parking lights. This will give you halos with fogs on.