View Single Post
      01-07-2015, 08:11 AM   #24
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

I ordered my X6 in late August. The web site showed that it was complete on 11/12. I ended up getting my car the 2nd week in December. The holdup was those 469M wheels. So the factory held my car about 3 weeks waiting for those wheels.

I can understand them not wanting to do a take-off from one on the lot because the lot car's window sticker wouldn't match anymore. Getting you a set of 469Ms themselves would be problematic if the factory can't even get them. Plus, they wouldn't have been able to get them for $950.

If it were me, even though I already had to wait 6 months for my car (my old one was totaled in May), I would have had them re-order the car. The last time that I got a an X with 19" wheels intending to switch over to 20s it never happened because its a PITA.

I suggest that you give them a 1 rating across the board when they send you a survey (if they do send one -- they may not send them to people that they know they've screwed). They have a cow if you even give them a 4 in any category at all. At least you'll mess up their rating with BMWNA.
Appreciate 0