tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by phidailo View Post
Top one looks nice and classy.

I have a Ball TMT limited edition similar to the one pictured. It's great but the dial may appear busy to some people.
I saw hints of Aquatimer too. The thing is that those hints are more imagined than real, but I can't deny that got initially got an IWC vibe from the watch. The Aquatimer has an internal dive bezel.

The ones with an external bezel are just too different to see them as similar.

I thought I saw glimmers of Supermarine too. And again, it was more just a vibe -- from some as yet unidentifiable trait(s) -- than it was any sense that the two deliberately resemble each other more so than all dive watches with bezels do.

That said, it's a wonderful watch on it's own, despite any visual association, and it's a bit more accessibly priced. Given that each of them is ETA/ETA-derivative powered, I don't mind the similarity. Plus, it's a touch dressier looking than the IWC or Bremont external-bezel divers, which probably isn't a bad thing for a watch that'll in all likelihood will see duty as nothing but a desk diver.

All the best.

PS/Edit:
Looking at the two again, perhaps it's the bracelet, although I can't be sure. That basic style of bracelet appears in various forms on several nice watches, among them the PP Nautilus/Aquanaut and the VC Overseas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0