View Single Post
      12-25-2015, 12:33 PM   #77
enzom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 X5M/20 720S/20 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkey View Post
Anyone here actually owns a Cayenne Turbo 2012+? Let's hear your opinions and not people who hate cayenne simply because it's pricey and a little slower! Porsche owners rarely talk about BMW. It's not the case with BMW owners
I have a 2016 Cayenne Turbo S. Best vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned many.

I had a 2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged and a 2015 911 Turbo at the same time. I did not like the Range Rover after getting the 911 because it made me realize just how awful the steering was in that truck. Test drove the X5M when it first came out. Loved it. Almost made a deal to trade my Range Rover Sport for the X5M, but it didn't work out. Biggest issue for me was the lack of height adjustment in the X5M. We had lots of snow last winter, and folks just could not keep up - parking lots, driveways, etc. On snow tires, I was able to raise my Range and climb out of most driveways and park in parking spaces with a foot of snow. The front lip on the X5M is just too low to do that. I wanted a performance truck that drove like a sports car and could take me anywhere. And I didn't want to come to find that replacing the front spoiler of the X5M was now part of my routine maintenance.

So I stopped by my Porsche dealer for the one year service on my 911 in June. They had a brand new 2016 Cayenne Turbo S. Made the deal right there to trade in both my Range Rover and 911 Turbo for the Cayenne Turbo S.

I love the truck. It feels like a 911 with a periscope. Yes - there is some turbo lag, no doubt. That was the hardest thing to get used to. But God does it handle great. Steering is so precise, tracking on corners is great. Brakes GRAB and GRAB. The PDCC (Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control) is a revelation. Car stays perfectly flat on highway curves at 90 mph plus. Amazing sense of stability. Quiet on the inside (did not come with performance exhaust) but loud on the outside. Very high quality components and interior. You can see the effort in assembly. And it manages to have more room in the back seat, hold more in the hatch than my Range but still cast a much smaller shadow.

I am sure that in a different climate I would be completely satisfied and in love with the X5M, but the inability to raise the front spoiler was a deal breaker for me.

I did miss having a dedicated sports car - so I picked up a 16 Z06 with Z07 package. Why run 12s when you can run 10s?
Appreciate 0