WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Perfect timing! My wheels just came in, getting tires mounted this afternoon. We are supposed to get some snow later today. What a nail bitter waiting for them to come in.

I have the OEM 20s - style 611, so I just ordered two more front wheels (285) to use for the rears. The winter set up dealer recommended was the same style 611s but in a different color and they were on backorder. These were available and I got them in a week. So I'll have dedicated rears and will just change tires for the fronts. Two less wheels to have sitting around. I still have wheels from my 2013 X6 M and the 2016 X6 50i.... I have wheels everywhere. So glad they came in.
I did something similar for my M5 when the winter package was not available (sound familiar?). It worked fine although the rear wheels were not flush with the fenders. I was fine with it because it kept the car cleaner but the rear wheels always looked a little "tucked."

I asked about ordering 4 fronts but the cost was way more than the unavailable 611 winter package or the 491 package. Only ordering two probably made it workable.

Please post pictures when you have them mounted.
Appreciate 0