View Single Post
      01-05-2017, 03:52 PM   #11
philsbm
Rep
Drives: X5 M50D

Quote:
Originally Posted by S114MON View Post
Hi
My first posting... please be gentle! I've just ordered an UK M50d. Spec approaching lockdown soon. I appreciate the M50d might not be available in the US, but for anyone that can help...

I'm interested to hear from others with M50d's in terms of driving and ownership experiences particularly compared to X5 E70 30d, X3 30d, both of which I've had in the past.

I've had only short experiences in an M50d so anything on the following points would also be of interest:

Driving / handling compared to a F15 30d or an X3 30d

MPG (ideally UK roads if possible)

Any other comments on the ownership of M50d

Anyone more widely, anyone using Gtechniq paint protection on their F15 - does the wheel, glass, leather protection really work?

I'm also interested in the X5M / X6 knee pads as an addition to the interior trim. I'm looking into that as an aftermarket purchase right now.

Thanks in anticipation
Hi, and good choice. I have had my M50D for 3 months now. Regular motorway driving with a bit of traffic on a-roads does 32 MPG in Comfort mode. If you use ECO, you will get 36/37, but I only use that when in slow traffic. Sport mode all the time will bring that down to 29ish. I have GTechniq Crystal Serum light and recommend it as the best possible. If you find a good detailer it will be worth it. I also have Space Grey and `I am very happy with it. the option I would also go for is the on-line entertainment which, through Deezer/Napster gives you access to millions of tracks and downloads real quick. The car can be driven sedately or enjoy the 740nm torque!
Appreciate 0