Quote:
Originally Posted by geedup35 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by geedup35 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Add x-pipe and delete muffler (eg. take it off and store in your closet). Keep the tips - you will reuse them or you can buy aftermarket tips that you like. Saves about 50lbs weight and opens up deep V8 sound nicely.

Naturally instead of muffler - you are going to weld in some L-shape pipes (mandrel bent) and attach tips to them. That's it.

P.S. Mandrel bent only means they use a machine that bends them smoothly and nicely without edges. Sorry for typos
Do you think it would be possible to add an electric bypass valve where you lined up for the Mandel pipe bend? I would still add the x-pipe as well for when the valve fails.

Im back and forth on whether I want it that loud all the time.
Don't see why not. I would say just add them where they are on the M. It's essentially the same exhaust layout with a different muffler.
Thanks. That's what I thought.

Now to find a decent bypass valve. Does anyone have any suggestions on the bypass? I've haven't heard of a reliable one yet. (But may be looking in the wrong places.)
Never heard of one at all. Bet you could get a hold of oem ones and then just wire a switch to them via one of the many rear bumper cut outs and up to the cockpit. And then to power and a ground.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0