View Single Post
      10-31-2018, 10:28 AM   #53
M302_imola
Major
Rep
Drives: '15 X5 35i Xdrive Mineral Whit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
I think 12'' is way too long - it will simply not fit and will hit the angle of stock piping and will end up sticking out too much. If I have to guess 6'' should eb enough, but I really don't have 35i nearby to just simply measure with a ruler how much 6'' inch will go inside and if it's enough or not. If you can take a 5min and a ruler and measure it please - just stick a ruler and see for yourself what depth you are comfortable with. Also you can measure exhaust tip diameter to make sure 3'' inlet will be enough for slip ons.

This is stock 35i exhaust just for visual representation. You basically just need 1-2'' inches to cover sticking out part of tips and another 3-4'' to cover inside the bumper exhaust opening, I don't think 12'' can even fit in there, 6'' should be enough imho, but it's better to measure with a ruler to be sure:
So stock tip for 35i measures 5" long from the top of the tip (slightly slanted tip). So a 6" aftermarket tip should work nicely. So I'm assuming you can simply tug on the stock tip and it will slid off? I didn't see any welds. Wasn't sure so didn't tug on it so wasn't able to measure the inlet diameter but it appears to be 3". Also, the OD of the tip is 3.5" so a 4" or even 4.5" OD aftermarket tip should fill out the space nicely. I'm leaning towards 4.5".
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50