View Single Post
      01-13-2019, 02:35 PM   #32
mikew2069
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
I agree about "feel", but every generation is faster and that includes track, not only straight pulls. X6 f16 will mop the floor with any E70/71, E53 etc except M models of course and when comparing equivalent models (apples to apples) like 50i to 50i etc. If it really was that bad in handling - car would not have been faster on the track. Every generation is more isolated from road, more quiet, more refined and hence many feel that it doesn't handle as well etc. Road feel is decreased. Sometimes its just subjective feelings. Facts are that with very rare exceptions every gen. was faster (and as a rule more fuel efficient too at the same time).
I have no problem handling my x5 50i. I would only want stiffer handling on track, not on road. It's all relative - x5m handles like crap compared to go carts, but you wouldn't want to drive go cart like stiff poggy stick everyday right?
I hear what you're saying but I'm definitely on Team Steering Sucks for the non-DHP standard suspension owners. I can live with it but if the steering could just tighten up some, that would be great.
2016 F15 50i ///M-Sport
BM3/H&R/Borla
Appreciate 0