01-14-2019, 09:00 PM   #43
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqbmw View Post
Steering on all older BMWs was much better than the new ones. If you haven't driven an older BMW you don't know what you are missing.

I have to totally concur with this. *One expection though, the “Buick steering” on the 2001 E46 330 (sedan, coupe or convertible). That was a mess! BMW NA ended up offering original owners a no cost retrofit, which involved replacing the steering rack and steering coupler because there was so much backlash. I went through it myself as I ordered and took delivery of one of the first 330Ci coupes built (June 2000 production).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Maybe its adaptive M I'm thinking of? I don't know, I just know that on my F30, when I put it in sport mode, the steering definitely tightens up nicely.
Our F15 steering with M adaptive tightens up when placed in sport mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx5er View Post
DHP or no-DHP, the steering feel in the F15s are too soft compared to my E70 with Adaptive Drive (E70’s DHP).
Oh most definitely... within our family we have a customer ordered 2013 E70 M Sport with Adaptive Drive (original owners). Hydraulic versus electric steering is like comparing apples to oranges though.

Last edited by SCA; 01-14-2019 at 09:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
tqbmw95.00