Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I know for nbtevo_n and o, you can apply the patch yourself via usb stick or app. But for version P, it must be done via vendor. That's how it was when I got mine done.

Not sure if anyone has figured out how to code on there own. I wish I knew 😜
I can confirm the grey box when trying to code CarPlay for widescreen using BimmerCode:

Hu_nbt> 3000hmi> carplay_fullscreen

I would rather just pay someone for the rest of the settings so I can do the coding myself. I have a 2019 M550i with a CarPlay subscription and I only want to enable widescreen. I have version P firmware since my car was build in December 2018. If it is more involved than that, then I'm not sure I want to mess with it. In other words, I don't want my car's signature to change. My preference is to do all of the coding through BimmerCode in Expert Mode.

So... Is this even possible? I don't want to run into warranty issues or having my stuff overwritten if BMW does a firmware update. if it's done with BimmerCode then I easily put it right back. I don't mind paying for the work, I just want to be able to add/remove it on my own w/o a remote coding session each time.

Thanks,
David
Quote:
Quote:
I know for nbtevo_n and o, you can apply the patch yourself via usb stick or app. But for version P, it must be done via vendor. That's how it was when I got mine done.

I can confirm the grey box when trying to code CarPlay for widescreen using BimmerCode:

I would rather just pay someone for the rest of the settings so I can do the coding myself. I have a 2019 M550i with a CarPlay subscription and I only want to enable widescreen. I have version P firmware since my car was build in December 2018. If it is more involved than that, then I'm not sure I want to mess with it. In other words, I don't want my car's signature to change. My preference is to do all of the coding through BimmerCode in Expert Mode.

So... Is this even possible? I don't want to run into warranty issues or having my stuff overwritten if BMW does a firmware update. if it's done with BimmerCode then I easily put it right back. I don't mind paying for the work, I just want to be able to add/remove it on my own w/o a remote coding session each time.

Thanks,
David
David,

Did you try to code any values ? I can read my Hu_nbt> 3000hmi> carplay_fullscreen settings and see what's written since I have the full screen CarPlay. I hope it is as easy as setting only these bits.
I found out on another forum here that the CarPlay.INI file has to be updated on the actual head unit with the new resolution and icon spacing. It's not just a coding change.
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
Do you know how we can access the *.ini file. I know they also add your vin number as well.
I believe it has to be done through esys. Note that if the firmware is updated by BMW, that file will be overwritten will have to be reapplied after.
Quote:

Thanks,
David
Well if you did pay some like bimmertech to code fullscreen CarPlay, they would discount you if you needed it again in any event the dealer updated your nbtevo 😜
I've got someone lined up to do it for me. $50. I'm confident I can reapply the file myself if I need to later on.
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
David
That's a great price. I paid a lot 😂. But there customer service was awesome.
Appreciate 1